Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,341 to 52,360 of 69,980

gcunit

@Magician Fair enough. Personally, I think Runner 3 is great and SWH will have to go some to match it as a runner in my eyes, but I look forward to seeing if it can.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WoomyNNYes

My left gray joycon from launch day started drifting. I'm part of that club now. Sigh.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@ToadBrigade Yeah, my stick sometimes is slow to return to center, or has phantom input.

I've had 2-3 procons get drift. They have a TON of hours on them... so, it's not like they haven't gotten lots of use. I think heavy stick use in Splatoon was a factor. And, I threw one of them, so the third may be my fault. I bought replacements. I may try to fix my joycon. I have an extra set of joycons, but they are neon red & blue. While they look cool, I prefer the understated gray (the gray one got the drift).

'Tendo liker

1UP_MARIO

@WoomyNNYes have you tried spraying some electric contact cleaner inside the stick and moving the stick 360 for 2 minutes. It’s a temporary fix and does fix the drift for 2/3 months

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Blooper987

The new video on NintendoLife’s YT is looking to see what online games are still active. While yes it is easy to find an ARMS party match and lower rank matches, I can confirm that players who have a higher rank have to sit there and wait for a good while to get a game 😂.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

WoomyNNYes

@1UP_MARIO I'm in the process of looking at repair methods. But, I may just buy a new pair, because I'm not sure I have the bandwidth to screw around with repairing. HOWEVER... amazon shows the gray pair for $149.99, and best buy says no stores in my area have them. So, it appears there's a shortage. So, that's an interesting bit.

'Tendo liker

1UP_MARIO

@WoomyNNYes try the easy fix first if that doesn’t work just buy the sticks, it looks hard at first but I’m sure you’ll be fine. There’s tons of videos on how to fix it.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

Immortals Fenyx Rising is fire 🔥 🔥 🔥

I’m flabbergasted by how good this game is. Yes, it’s clearly Zelda inspired, but how or why some use that as a knock against it (eh hem... not saying any names... NintendoLife) rather than a massive pro in favor of it is beyond me. It’s almost as if some people want to gate keep so they can feel like Zelda is more special as the ONLY good game of its kind. But I don’t understand that mindset, because this game being good doesn’t take away from a Zelda‘s greatness. If anything it should be taken as a complement of flattery that it took such inspiration from BotW.

But seriously, the game is dope. This isn’t Starlink 2.0. Far from it. This is like, the best Ubisoft game I’ve played since Kingdom Battle Trials Rising. I just bought the season pass because (well for one, because it’s an awesome game) I want to not only support it, but support Ubisoft designing games ground up with Switch as target platform. Which is clearly what they did. Had they targeted power platforms like they usually do, there’s no possible way they would’ve ever downgraded it enough to run on Switch. This is clearly one of those games where they said, let’s design it to work on the Switch first and foremost, and then upport it to other platforms. Which is also made evident by the style and approach of the game genre itself.

I give my full stamp of approval. Immortals Fenyx Rising is much, much better than I was expecting. In fact, it might be my game of the year! That’s something I really haven’t had any strong feelings on because everything I’ve liked so far has been a game that would never qualify (Xenoblade Chronicles is a remake, Sniper Elite 4 is a Switch port, etc.). But this? Ya, I think this is it.

Also, it looks good in handheld mode. That was crucial for me. It doesn’t look like a blurry smear of pixels like some AAA Switch versions of games do. It’s not as crisp as Sniper Elite 4, but it’s still pretty in handheld mode.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Immortals Fenyx Rising is on sale for $49.99 at Amazon right now! Not bad for launch day.

Immortals Fenyx Rising $49.99 Amazon

It's also selling incredibly well on Switch, it seems. The standard version is up to #73. PS5 version at #208, The PS4 version is at #279 and Xbox version is really bad. Like #3000+.

Also, theres cross save across all platforms! This is AMAZING! So you can shoot your save over to Steam, or PS4, or Xbox One... it's super easy and available right from the menu.

Oh, and Switch version has gyro aiming 😁

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Ubisoft sales have become infamous over the years like Watch Dogs Legion launched October 29th and Just Dance 2021 launched November 12th with both going on sale (Watch Dogs Legion 35% off, Just Dance 2021 30% off) for November 20th - December 4th. Immortals Fenyx Rising will almost certainly be in the late December sale with a similar discount.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Ya, everyone knows Ubisoft games tend to go on sales rather quickly. That’s kind of their trademark claim to fame. I wouldn’t blame anyone wishing to strategically wait for a sale to save some cash.

But personally, at $49.99 day one, I think it’s worth jumping in. Even a half-price sale six months from now is only $20 less for a half year wait. I think the other games that released a month ago are just trying to capitalize on the Black Friday shopping surge. At $60 the waiting game seems more viable, but at $50 day one, saving $10 a month from now kind of loses its luster. Or maybe not. Guess it depends how much you value a $40 price tag vs $50 now.

But, for anyone who is waiting for the first round price drop, there’s always Doom Eternal releasing next Tuesday, and there’s Sniper Elite 4 for $39.99 which I still strongly recommend. And Pikmin 3, which I also strongly recommend (and likely won’t ever go on sale until the end of the generation). Speaking of which, Pikmin 3 is still, even now, #35 on Amazon US. And given its physical sales in Japan have now broken 300k, I think it’s fair to assume this game is going to crush franchise records. 2+ million lifetime sales now seems within grasp.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I don't think they've gone as far as on sale within a week or so of launch before the example I gave.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Gosh dang, Atelier Ryza 2 on Switch looks insanely good, visually speaking. I thought I was looking at PS5 footage for a minute there. But upon closer inspection I did notice a few areas where it’s not quite up to that level. Even so. The developers at Gust have finally figured out how to get the most out of the switch hardware.

Seriously, this game looks impressive, especially given the rough, pixelated ports from Koei Tecmo in the past.

@Grumblevolcano
I mean, Immortals just went on sale ON ITS LAUNCH DAY lol... 😂 A first even for Ubisoft

Edited on by JaxonH

NintendoByNature

Fire emblem is now live. Pretty amped for it. Firing it up now.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

Persona 5 Strikers has a release date for outside Japan, February 21st.

Grumblevolcano

jedgamesguy

@Grumblevolcano Yes, finally! Though I don't know whether to buy the game on Switch or PS4, because of loading times and performance. But the dub sounds pretty good, and as normal the localisation seems superb. The new guy, Zenkichi, sounds like he was voiced by Patrick Seitz, I recognise him from Xenoblade X for one.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

@theJGG
I've played the demo. Performance was fine. Definitely some jagged edges but, most Switch games have that (and even the PS4 game has it, though to a lesser degree). No idea about load times. But I dont recall them being problematic in the demo.

DannyBoi

If I was to say the switch was designed for when game streaming goes mainstream. And it was released early to get it into as many peoples hands as possible, would you say it is a crazy idea? And also something to add, if I was to say that the reason the switch does not have basic features that people have been asking for since launch( internet browser, messaging, folders, voice chat) is because it wouldn't need them due to it primarily being designed for streaming, would you also say that was a crazy idea?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic