Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 51,241 to 51,260 of 70,148

ianl579

Daryl Talks Games is an excellent YT channel that discusses the psychology behind video games. He's covered Celeste, Pokemon, Mario, Metroid, and a lot more.

@Rexenoboy There's a big difference between a port and a remake, and I expect them to be priced accordingly (this is debatable in the case of SM3DAS). I also think they should supplement new games on the schedule instead of being Nintendo's primary focus, which it seemed like before the announcement of Age of Calamity. That being said, it's a little disappointing that we haven't gotten a new Donkey Kong / Pikmin / Captain Toad / Mario Kart / non-Maker 2D Mario game on Switch, though there is certainly time to develop those. It's just disappointing as a Wii U owner who already bought a lot of these games and isn't willing to repurchase them at full price with few improvements.

Edited on by ianl579

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

TheFrenchiestFry

@Rexenoboy It's not really the fact that there are ports at all, it's just that it feels like most of the Switch library is just ports and remasters of older games, ESPECIALLY in the case of third party games like Dark Souls Remastered, Okami HD, the Mega Man Legacy Collections and the Borderlands Legendary Collection

It's heavily reminiscent of the Game Boy Advance library imo. Most of the first party Nintendo games on there were ports or remakes of other games

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Rexenoboy

@ianl579
I understand not wanting to pay full price for ports or remasters of games you already own if you think the improvements or additions aren't worth it. There've been a couple of them I didn't buy either because of that. But I've always been happy those games were getting ports because it allowed a ton of people to experience them for the first time on the Switch.

Also, porting and even remastering games don't take away the development of new games, in fact they help pay for them. Games take a long time to develop, 3 years minimum and up towards 6 or 7 years in some cases. Nintendo only has so many experienced development teams to create these. It's usually the lesser experienced teams that get to work on ports and remasters, or they get outsourced to external developers, and thus they don't take away from the development of new games.

Treasure Acquired

ianl579

@Rexenoboy Sure, I get that. It just feels like Nintendo's 2020 has relied a bit more on ports/remakes than I would like, though I'm sure the pandemic had something to do with that. Assuming everything is back on track, it's very possible that 2021 could be the Switch's best year since 2017.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Marbio_King_YT

Octane wrote:

@Marbio 2. General Behaviour
a. Do not post - unless you have something useful to say; Only post when you have something meaningful to say or something that will contribute to the discussion. Posts such as "Yes" or "I agree" or "LOL" are un-constructive.

@Octane I did not know, so I thought that was ok.

My YT: Marbio King

porto

@Rexenoboy Agreed. I for one love all the ports, and I feel the people who didn't own a Wii U do too. Even so, a new game wouldn't hurt

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

porto

@Octane Did we ever have a like/dislike button on the forums?

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Octane

@Apportal Nope, that was never a thing. Maybe in the future... Who knows?! I seriously don't know

@Marbio Like I said, please don't post unless you have something to contribute. This is your last warning.

Octane

Giancarlothomaz

could Nintendo do something to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the Metroid franchise in 2021?i highly doubt Nintendo is gonna do something to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Metroid, since they ignored the 20th,25th and 30th anniversary of the Metroid franchise, if Nintendo celebrate the anniversary of some of it franchises, it gonna be the 25th anniversary of Pokémon and the 35th anniversary of Legend of Zelda, poor Metroid franchises always mistreated by Nintendo, it hurt so much the way Nintendo treat the Metroid franchise.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Giancarlothomaz

@Slowdive i highly doubt Nintendo is gonna do this, since they ignored the 20th,25th and 30th anniversary of the franchise, in public Nintendo state we care about the Metroid franchise, but in reality they are dying to find a way to kill the Metroid franchise and people stop pestering them, where is the sequel of Metroid Fusion?is Switch gonna receive a mainline 2D Metroid game or a Metroid Prime game?

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Magician

@Slowdive @Giancarlothomaz

If I were to guess, we might get an HD port of Samus Returns on Switch next year.

And there's always hope for that long-rumored Prime HD trilogy.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of May 20th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Octane

@Marbio 1. Stop asking everyone if they are excited for Smash Bros.
2. No, if it's just "hi", no.

Octane

link3710

@Slowdive I don't want to believe they'd release 3 2D Metroid remakes in a row (Zero Mission, Samus Returns, Super) in a subseries that only had 4 actual titles so far. But... can't count it out. Plus, whereas Zero Mission and Samus Returns make playing the original titles obsolete, I struggle to see how a Super remake could improve the title in any notable way. Also, the original is free via NSO and one of the greatest games of all time so...

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic