Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 51,161 to 51,180 of 69,981

TheFrenchiestFry

So TIL they actually made an arrangement for the theme of Solid Snake from MG2 in Smash Ultimate

This just makes me want something Metal Gear related on Switch considering how much more Nintendo seems to care about Metal Gear and Castevania compared to Konami

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo was the factor roadblocking Twin Snakes from getting re-released considering they were heavily involved in that game's development. A port of HD Collection that included Twin Snakes as a Switch-exclusive addition would be an instant day one buy as someone who already has the PS3/Vita versions

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Giancarlothomaz

could Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 be finaly the moment when Zelda is crowded queen of Hyrule?after all Hyrule is gonna need someone to lead and restore Hyrule to it proper/former glory after the defeat of Calamity Ganon and Ganondorf, crowding Zelda as a queen, could be it higest character development so far.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

roy130390

@TheFrenchiestFry I couldn't agree more, but at this point I just accepted that it's unlikely for anything of that to happen since Konami really seems to have a personal grudge against the guy and the franchise to the point of not using a successful franchise even if that should be their priority as a company. I could be wrong though. I wish I am, since I would be delighted to have another Metal Gear on either Switch or PS5. Same with Castlevania which is also one of my favourites, but I'm not as concerned with them. I have the feeling that we will see one soon.

Glad to meet another fan by the way.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Eel

Now, it's time for a completely useless piece of trivia:

Steve is the first human character with facial hair added to Smash Bros since Brawl (excluding custom Miis, of course).

As an extra, Snake and Steve are the only playable human characters with beards in Ultimate, and both of their names have the same amount of characters, and start with S and end with E.

Use this information wisely.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

@Eel Ganndorf has a beard or are you saying the Gerudo race isn't human which feels kinda racist

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

A lot of the comments section of the most recent Pikmin 3 Deluxe trailer is the Miyamoto quote in 2015 about Pikmin 4 being close to completion

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Eel my bad, you're right.

They switched the TP look to the OOT design between Wii U/3DS and Ultimate. I'm surprised they didn't use this as an excuse to do a new Amiibo line or keep the TP look as an alternate.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

DarkRula

That Pokémon Super Collection rumour sounds too good to be true, for sure. But if it's set for March '21 as that article claims, there's every possibility that a Pokémon Direct / Showcase / whatever-its-called announces it in January for that March release, along with the Diamond and Pearl remakes for later in the year (even if that would be an overload of main series goodness).

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

jump

@DarkRula that would worry me, they have a bad habit of turning out games for the sake of it rather than spending the time to make the game they do release as great as it can be so turning out multiple games has alarm bells ringing for me.

Nicolai wrote:

Octane

DarkRula wrote:

That Pokémon Super Collection rumour sounds too good to be true.

Yeah, no way this is happening.

Still, I wonder how long until they release RBY/GSC on the eShop. It took them years on the 3DS. I personally wouldn't mind having them on Switch, provided they're not too expensive.

Octane

Rexenoboy

Wasn't there a rumor going around that Game Freak and the Pokémon Company are working on a "live service" Pokémon game which basically reboots the whole franchise? It'd be open-world like Sword/Shield starting with Kanto and Johto and expanding to more regions every year or so, turning it into one massive Pokémon World game.

If they're really doing that, it'd make perfect sense to celebrate the franchise as a whole and give the community a sort of goodbye to the old-style Pokémon games with a big collection.

This all sounds too good to be true, but then again Nintendo has been very kind to us this gen, so who knows?

Treasure Acquired

Grumblevolcano

Don't see it happening. Too much value for $60 and the 3DS has 2 screens meanwhile the Switch has 1 screen. Second point could be resolved if the early 2021 hardware ends up being essentially a HDS or a Switch U though.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Rexenoboy Game Freak struggle to make 3D games, something like that is way out of their depth.

A lot of these rumors seem very 4chan made up rubbish.

Nicolai wrote:

Rexenoboy

@jump
I have strong doubts about those rumors as well, but if they were to ask help from another studio, it might actually work.

Treasure Acquired

DarkRula

I could see them implementing a lower screen overlay controlled exclusively with the right stick as a workaround if such a collection is true. It'd be awkward, but no doubt would work.

Remaking all the regions to be more open and varied would easily be the best option, but I also have doubts Game Freak could manage such a thing. It's not like they're TT Games - releasing their usual standard of games (even if unambitious) to then bring out something truly special after years of work.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

WoomyNNYes

It appears Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 embargo hasn't lifted upon the game's release. I'm not expecting it to be amazing, but I'm still curious.

@octane, I have an oddball question here. Is there a way for non-industry people like me look up when embargoes lift for certain games? I guessing it's not public info, and also not searchable, but thought I'd ask.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Giancarlothomaz

could Nintendo adopt a IPhone tactic/strategy like many investiment firm believe to make the Nintendo Switch the first Nintendo console with a lifecycle that could last forever?i doubt this is gonna happen, everyone is tired to know, most Nintendo consoles have a lifecycle of 5/6 years, Shutaru Furukawa already said in 2019, that Switch is entering in the half/middle of it lifecycle.
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-could-conti...

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

jump

@WoomyNNYes an embargo is part of the private contract when a reviewer is given the game or access to the game. It’s not a blanket thing like an age rating or audited account that is submitted to a third party so it’s not searchable.

On a side note if the reviewer isn’t given the game by the publisher they are free to write a review when they want as they didn’t agree to an embargo although that’s usually on launch day anyway.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic