Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,101 to 47,120 of 69,980

NintendoByNature

@Xyphon22 I'm not sure myself but I received 8 since yesterday morning, All from the AC thread and I had to stop following that thread since anytime i commented I would recieve receive a few requests.

And I had no idea who they were,plus they never told me that they sent it. Not sure there's a problem with blindly accepting but for animal crossing i think it means any of them can come to your island whenever they want ( if your gate it open).

I usually only accept people from here i regularly talk to or are regulars. ACNH has brought in a sworm of new randoms.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

I played some Zombie Army Trilogy and it really is basically Sniper Elite mechanics with hordes of zombies to shoot like Resident Evil Revelation 2 RAID mode (x10 lol).

I can definitely understand why some would think the mechanics aren’t great for this genre if you were using an analog stick only, but with gyro, it’s a match made in heaven. When the zombies jerk and twitch, adjusting with the analog is nearly impossible. But with gyro, it’s very natural to quickly adjust your aim in response. I couldn’t imagine playing this game without Gyro, but since it does include it I have to say it’s pretty fantastic! I would even rate it as fun as Resident Evil Revelations 2 RAID mode.

It also looks and runs great. Full 720p in handheld, solid frame rate... its just a really nice release all around. Rebellion can do no wrong imo. They’ve shown fantastic support for the Switch, included gyro for every single one of their games, they all look and run great with peak resolution and sound frame rate, and they all have that certain flavor pertaining to Nazi Germany. In fact I would say Sniper Elite III feels like Metal Gear Solid: WW2 Edition more than anything else.

Also, Ninjala looks like Splatoon: Melee Edition. And that’s not a bad thing.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Xyphon22

@NintendoByNature Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I can't really think of anything bad that could come of it other than them trashing my AC island, which really isn't that bad. But I think I would feel more comfortable if whoever they were had just messaged me saying they were submitting a request so I would know who they were. I think I'll just do nothing with the requests for now, but I may go in and delete the one my son accepted just to be safe.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NintendoByNature

@Xyphon22 yea i think you're ok. But I usually just decline them if it's someone i haven't talked to. I would do the same if it we're my kids switch too.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Woohoo!

Trails of Cold Steel IV is officially coming to Nintendo Switch! So it's not just a one-off with Trails of Cold Steel III!

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Pre-orders up in Nisa for Limited Editions, @JaxonH ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@BruceCM
🤗

And... I'm off!

[zoooooom]

BruceCM

Lols, I thought you might do .... I'll be sure to let people know when they're up in Europe, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
I cant believe we're actually getting Falcom's best games... after all these years of excuses and blah blah blah. I dont care if its outsourced. Bottom line is, they're coming.

And I think nobody was expecting the level of success of YS VIII on Switch. But going forward they're putting alot more time, effort and polish into future titles brought over. Trails of Cold Steel III is an incredible Switch port. Trails IV will surely be just as good.

And this means YS IX is almost certainly releasing on Switch as well. I just hope people step up and support these great games.

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm very pleased by it, too, @JaxonH .... Y's IX looks awesome, I can't wait for that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

@JaxonH - I placed a preorder for the ToCS IV LE as well.

I wonder if there's any chance of XSEED ever getting us ToCS I & II on Switch?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tangerine

Time for The Touryst to get a discount maybe? In the European e shop sale tomorrow? I hope so!

Tangerine

JaxonH

@Magician
I think its possible, but it would probably be down the line, I imagine. For now, I have them on PC, PS4 and Vita. But I decided to just skip them because... well, they felt a little dated in comparison. And I didnt want to commit to 200 yrs playing them just to catch up on the story. Read the summary in Cold Steel III and it's been surprisingly adequate.

I'd still buy them if they came though. Without question.

Ralizah

@JaxonH No interest in any of the Trails games any time soon unless XSEED ports over the first two games, unfortunately. I already have so many games to play already.

If Ys IX gets ported to the Switch, I'll be preordering, though. Ys VIII was really a fantastic game. The Switch port of that was a bit rough, but what I tried of ToCSIII makes me hopeful that NIS is learning the Switch hardware and is improving the quality of their ports.

I wish NISA had access to Falcom's entire library, at this point.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

well, I guess I'll have to get both trails games day one to show support.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I’m not really sure there’s any other games of theirs I want beyond what we’re getting (assuming YS IX comes which, is a near certainty), aside from the first two Trails games obviously. There’s other games of theirs I would buy but, none that I have a whole lot of interest in playing. Would more so buy for posterity of having a hybrid version.

@Ryu_Niiyama
Have you seen the Limited Editions? They’re seeexy.

NintendoByNature

Can someone describe the appeal to trails of cold steel? I dont know anything about the series and i keep hearing you guys talk about it. It's an rpg, sure, but what differentiates it from others?

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Haha, I'm staying away from CEs for a little while. My f4f statues are starting to ship and I don't have space for them as is. (my new Amaterasu pvc statue looks lovely though) Plus with everything going on I am trying to save more money for a bit.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic