Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,081 to 47,100 of 69,981

NotTelevision

We’ll see if any of this comes to light. How many remasters will Nintendo release this year, if they really are working on bringing all these Mario games?

I don’t know if Nintendo was ever planning on bringing the Prime Trilogy to Switch. A lot of rumors seemed to suggest that was happening in 2019, but still no confirmation. I’m not putting too much stock into this one for now.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Magician

Since I never owned a Wii, I would appreciate ports of Galaxy 1 & 2 on Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Cynas

Similar to the Steamworld giveaway last week, Thunderful Publishing is giving away 1000 copies of one of 4 of their games. Only one of them is available for a Switch code, Curious Expedition, but check it out if you're interested. (Keep in mind it's an NA only code)

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Grumblevolcano

The Outer Worlds has a new release date, June 5th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The Outer Worlds has a new release date, June 5th.

Gonna be a great spring/summer. Dear goodness.

In one single week period we're getting:

Borderlands Remastered
Borderlands 2
Borderlands PreSequel
Bioshock Remastered
Bioshock 2 Remastered
Bioshock Infinite
XCOM 2
Ninjala
Xenoblade Chronicles HD
The Outer Worlds

And isn't Trails of Cold Steel III out around that time too? And Catherine Full Body? Or does that not yet have a date?

Either way, buckle up. We're entering a vortex we may never climb out of.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

darkfenrir

NISA finally announced the release date! I can't wait for this one even though I might have to wait for sales XD

darkfenrir

Ralizah

So, I have one of those Split Pad Pros coming. I like my Lite, but now that I'm perma-stuck in the house, its diminutive form factor isn't quite as enticing.

Although I'm mainly playing more on my big Switch now because that's where Animal Crossing is trapped. I've pumped roughly 40 hours into that game since launch.

JaxonH wrote:

Borderlands Remastered
Borderlands 2
Borderlands PreSequel
Bioshock Remastered
Bioshock 2 Remastered
Bioshock Infinite
XCOM 2
Ninjala
Xenoblade Chronicles HD
The Outer Worlds

Either way, buckle up. We're entering a vortex we may never climb out of.

Judging by that list, I'd say that vortex is a portal taking you back to 2012.

I'll admit, I've wanted portable Catherine: Full Body and The Outer Worlds for a while now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

Another release date confirmed, Minecraft Dungeons is launching May 26th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Grumblevolcano awesome, kids are looking forward to this one! Thankfully the delay was only a month.

redd214

link3710

@iKhan The poison river isn't hard to fix, just make the pipe at the end spit you back out at the beginning instead of on the overworld, and just have the Pachinko machine restart that specific section if you fall off instead of spitting you out. No need to overhaul the whole sections. I'm not sure what in the physics or final boss would need to be altered though? A bigger fix they need is a way to see how many blue coins are left in each world, or any sort of in-game record of them at all.

@Ralizah A vertex back to 2012 sounds great to me, I think I only managed to play NintendoLand and Batman Arkham City that entire year.

link3710

Buizel

@link3710 pachinko physics are completely broken and counter to how the rest of the game plays so will need to be fixed.

I wonder how Nintendo would tackle the analog trigger controls in Sunshine, and the pointer/motion controls in Galaxy.

At least 2'8".

Toy_Link

@Buizel
The Chinese Nvidia Shield version of Galaxy used the right analogue stick for the pointer function and mapped the spin to a button.

Not that the Switch version necessarily needs to remove it as the Switch could do most motion control elements that the Wii could, just fine.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

link3710

@Buizel The 'analog' push of Sunshine is pretty easy to solve. It wasn't actually analog (FLUDD, not the controller), it only had two settings, soft or hard. Since we have an extra shoulder button, they could just map full press / stationary to ZR and half press / mobile to R. Then bump Z over to L or - (probably - since it's a map) and you're all set. The left trigger only looked at the digital on or off, so it's fine to map to a single digital button.

link3710

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Buizel

Sunshine's analog triggers is a problem though. Unless it'll require using a Gamecube controller, but I find that unlikely.

It runs on a modded Wii U just fine. They adapted it to the Wii U gamepad controls. Very playable.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

IceClimbers

Galaxy could play like the original when playing in docked/tabletop mode since it doesn't need precise pointer controls.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@Buizel The pachinko game works fine if you understand how it works. The amount you tilt left or right during your jump will affect how far you'll get flung in the machine itself. Once you 'get it', you can do it on your first try.

Octane

IceClimbers

If those Mario rumors are true then Nintendo probably had an absolutely magical booth planned for E3 that we'll never get to see now because of the virus

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Buizel

@Octane I'm willing to believe this but I'd still argue that the physics are counterintuitive to anything else you experience in the game. Fludd is effectively useless and you often end up actively repelled from certain areas despite controller inputs and your current momentum. I think it would make a lot more sense if it followed the physics of the rest of the game.

@link3710 @Toy_Link both good solutions. I would be very disappointed if Nintendo forced pointer controls into Galaxy, making it unplayable in handheld mode. The loss of certain cappy moves in Odyssey was already annoying enough!

At least 2'8".

Xyphon22

Maybe a silly question, but is there any danger (probably too harsh a word, but hopefully you know what I mean) in just accepting friend requests on Switch? I put my friend code in my signature here and have now received 4 requests and my son received one on his profile. Is there no reason not to accept, even though I don't know who any of them are (surely they are all from these forums). And my son just accepted his blindly without asking me (he's 8). Is there anything that person could potentially do that I wouldn't want happening? Sorry for being ignorant and maybe an overprotective dad, but I've heard about the dangers of just accepting anyone on Facebook and the like, so I thought I'd make sure.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic