Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,961 to 46,980 of 70,008

Grumblevolcano

I hope Panzer Dragoon does well enough that SEGA considers delving further into their non-Sonic catalog like Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi and Skies of Arcadia.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Make sure you watch the whole thing properly next time, @NotTelevision .... (JK)

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NotTelevision

@BruceCM haha. You’re absolutely right. Or I need to work on my skimming skills.

NotTelevision

Late

There's no article for the game so I'll just mention it here. I'm glad to see 51 Worldwide Games, or Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics as it's known in NA, come to Switch. I liked how DS had these casual games and I've been wondering when they'd start releasing them on Switch. I guess it's now. First we got Brain Training, now this. I haven't played the DS game since I never saw it in stores. I've thought of getting it recently since it's really cheap used and it's a first party game I don't own but now I think I'll just get it on Switch. As long as the price is right. I wouldn't mind having games like yahtzee and chess on the go.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I’m hearing a lot of mixed experiences on the game so I’m kinda worried about buying it right now. Will need to see if any of the issues are addressed in an update.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

Nevermind the mini Direct, this was the highlight of my day:

Anti-Matter wrote:

... a few of them have disturbing sexy bodies. 😓

Perfection 👋

@Late The DS game has an annoying drawback in that games were locked behind challenges in other games, IIRC, so you couldn't just boot it and play what you wanted until you'd beaten the challenges before it, potentially forcing you to persevere with games you didn't care for.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

EvilLucario

Xenoblade Definitive Edition keeps on winning.

51 Worldwide Games surprisingly getting a lot of buzz on my Twitter timeline and here as well. That I'll have to check out and do research on.

Otherwise I'm still saving money overall so not getting much games doesn't mean much to me. Plus, you all know you guys have a massive backlog.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Yea at first i was a bit disappointed about the direct then realized i have an ok sized backlog. And ive decided I'm grabbing animal crossing next week so ill be set for a while in between that and grabbing trials of mana and TW101R.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@Late Oh, this is the missing game from the Wii U reveal trailer back in 2011. There's a section of two people playing Renegade from that collection.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Oh, this is the missing game from the Wii U reveal trailer back in 2011. There's a section of two people playing Renegade from that collection.

Between Project Giant Robo coming back as part of Labo and this, the Wii U will never die!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

Bravely Default demo thoughts.

1 Voice acting is shockingly good. At first I thought it was going to hate the Scottish accent of Elvis but I end up loving it because the guy is such a great voice actor. Same goes for all the characters really. Their voices sound natural. I gotta say, voice work has really come along way in JRPGs.

2 Graphics are gorgeous. Right away in the intro it looks like a painting, then all of a sudden it zoomed in and you realize that’s the actual game world... amazing.

3 can’t comment on the story because I haven’t played enough of it but hopefully it’s good

Overall, I’m mightily impressed. This feels like a major leap forward for the Bravely series.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@FragRed
What kind of issues?

The game has been around for decades so people should know exactly what they’re getting. Panzer Dragoon is a stone cold classic. The remake looks absolutely incredible. Unless it’s performance related I can’t really see how there would be any issues.

I’m downloading now, but I probably won’t play it until later because I’m checking out the bravely default II demo.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 Between stuff like these, the Luigi's Mansion 3 Wii U mention during Treehouse E3 2019, the length of Animal Crossing's dev cycle, etc. it sure seems like Nintendo had originally planned for the Wii U to last like around 8 years.

Grumblevolcano

kkslider5552000

Probably 7 to match the other HD consoles. But yeah, a lot of stuff was at least in early production when they were still focused on Wii U and we know Mario + Rabbids started as a Wii U title (I will never doubt Ubisoft's commitment to support a system again btw). But that also means I doubt more than a handful of people were working on "Unnamed HD Animal Crossing project" for a long time. The weird transitional period and lack of Wii U success probably lead to it not being the big priority for a long time. Probably also lead to that time where New Leaf inexplicably got an update more than 3 years after release, because in 2016, 3DS was the only Nintendo system that even mattered, and a lot of the devs had nothing better to do anyway.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

AndreaF96

Hi guys! I am relying to your wisdom once more. What are the best graphic adventures on switch? I have already played through Grim Fandango (brilliant!), violet, earthworms and possibly some other game I don't remember now. Other graphic adventures I liked on previous consoles, just to give a context, are the kyle hyde games (hotel dusk and last window), 999, hollow pen (or something like that, for nds). Also, I already am playing through steins gate elite and have an eye on steins gate 0.

P.S.: it's "graphic adventure" or "graphical adventure"?

AndreaF96

Heavyarms55

While I am very surprised at the lack of even a Wii U port from Nintendo, the Direct still gave me a lot to look forward to and to further swell my backlog! I might want to invest in that 1TB SD card sooner, rather than later.

Xenoblade already had me 110% but the new epilogue should be pretty interesting! I wonder if they're gonna find a way to further tie in the connection between Xenoblade 1 and 2.

Bioshock and Borderlands? Sign me right up! Now, if only we could get Mass Effect Trilogy too!

And I've heard good things about Panzar Dragoon too. And Catherine!? Bravely Default! I seriously want ALL of these games!

Not even to mention the Star Wars games too! Not remotely enough time in the day!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

WoomyNNYes

Wow, you're right, @Heavyarms55. Not even a Wii U port. Bewildering. I'm just shaking my head.

I've ALWAYS wanted to play Bioshock! - never play it before. So, I'm very excited for that.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

I was quite pleased with the Mini Direct. No huge Nintendo blockbusters were revealed, but I'm fine with that. My backlog is quite robust already. It's enough for me to get by on until at least June.

My top three announcements:
1. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition's release date - I'm genuinely hyped for this one. I'm considering taking that Friday off and playing it day 1. For me, that's a rarity.
2. Bravely Default II info + demo - I'll be taking the demo for a spin this weekend. I really enjoyed the other two games and love what was shown in the trailer. I don't think I'll be missing that gorgeous 3D effect TOO much....
3. BioShock Collection - I've never played these and normally am not a huge FPS fan, but the little I do know about the series has always intrigued me. The settings all seem pretty atmospheric. I'll be waiting a bit before picking these up though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Grumblevolcano

Just a reminder to those interested in picking up the 2K games announced in the Direct Mini physically, you need lots of microSD card space. 41.6GB for Borderlands, maximum of 24GB for XCOM and probably around 30-40GB for Bioshock given only 1 is on the 16GB cart.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/buying_bioshock_bor...

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic