Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,901 to 46,920 of 70,001

GameOtaku

Is there any way to get coins from a limited run game?

GameOtaku

JaxonH

A reminder that things are getting real, and if you’re not taking C19 seriously, start doing so immediately.

In 1 month we’ve gone from riding high to the biggest economic threat in nearly 100 years. My employer is a Tier 2 supplier for the auto industry, and direct supplier to Harley Davidson. Well... Harley Davidson just shut down after a worker tested positive in their Menominee Falls plant. Almost all the auto manufacturers are now shut down or in the process of doing so. That ripple effect hits all their Tier 1 suppliers, who then have to lay off and shut down, which then affects all of the tier 2 suppliers who have to lay off or shut down. And that will affect our suppliers, and so on. Every level you go down you’re multiplying 20 fold of how many companies are affected. And that’s just the auto sector. There’s still restaurants, fitness, movie theaters, cruise lines, theme parks, concerts, anything and everything that falls into the entertainment or recreation category. This is going to get bad.

Just today they announced 67% revenue loss at my company, laid off 2/3 of the workers across 3 plants, cut the 401k, cut the HSA deposits, stopped all merit increases, and are now just struggling not to go under. My company employs just over 500 people and has been around for over 100 years. And in the blink of an eye the company is dangerously close to going under. And if Wisconsin mandates all businesses close like many other states are doing, they very well might.

Wash your hands as much as possible, stay indoors and play games, and get as much cash as possible on hand to prepare, as this may not end well. If the government sends out checks, don’t go blowing it on stuff you don’t need, unless you have a solid financial cushion. Stuff it under a mattress or something and hunker down. This isn’t going to go away unless everyone takes it seriously.

Alright, sorry for the off topic post but it needed to be said.

And just to put things into perspective, the orange is China. Yellow is the rest of the world. The power of exponential growth laid bare for all to witness. It’s snowballing out of control fast

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

@JaxonH THERE 2 DAYS WITHOUT ANY NEW CASES IN CHINA.....

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Ninfan

Do they use bots in fortnite if they do how many real players do i fight againist ?

Ninfan

JaxonH

@Ninfan
Yes, China did well to stop it.

Problem is, they’re communist and can use harsher measures than the western 1st world countries. Which is why the graph looks the way it does.

And the problem is, even if they eradicate it, it’s likely going to work its way back in from someone who brings it in from the rest of the world, and China pandemic phase 2 will begin.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Qwertyninty

@Ninfan there isn’t on yet. But whatever we get next from Nintendo I’m ready. I feel like it’s needed.

Qwertyninty

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH Sorry to hear that, dood. Some of us are using the CoViD Outbreak thread to check on each other and just share, btw.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Haruki_NLI

Orange is one country.

Yellow is every other country combined.

Orange is 1 billion.

Yellow is 7 billion.

Look how many more cases the yellow has.

I wonder why.

Anyway, all this does is reveal how incredibly abusable and fragile our economic structure is. I reckon we just let what happens happens and find a way back to barter where trade was based on individual values.

The downside to my job is it's retail, so I'm gonna get it anyway, and the company I work for doesn't do sick pay. And it's minimum wage. So I've basically just agreed to keel over at some point. Downside is no one else in store can do my job either. 🤣

It's funny really. Us Brits didn't give much of a damn during the Blitz but now? A virus goes around and suddenly everyone is interested in pasta. 🤣🤣🤣

At least DOOM Eternal is a damn fine game. Shame it's not on Switch yet but I'm also very interested in seeing it run.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FragRed

@Haruki_NLI To be fair, we planned for the outcome of what needed to be done during the Second World War. We introduced ration books to prevent this kind of mentality. If we hadn't done that we would have gone down the same path as today - it's why the black market and the Joe Walker from Dad's Army type characters thrived. Unfortunately it's not that simple to introduce such measures now as we have access to the internet that kinda makes such restrictions tricky to enforce.

I also wish it were just pasta people were after, I would be fine with that as I already had plenty. Everyone should have pasta as just a basic store cupboard essential. It's the fact all our supermarkets are always a wasteland for any food, period. Even Curry's is struggling because people are purchasing freezers in greater quantities (at least ours is struggling, not sure about others).

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

redd214

Don't we have a virus thread already lol

redd214

RR529

After what had to have been 40-50 attempts, I beat the final boss in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD this morning!

I'm gonna play around with the not so secret unlockable character, Sonic, and try my hand at completing the post game world(s) before I put it down.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

IceClimbers

So I dipped into Doom 64 before Animal Crossing or Doom Eternal. It's really good so far.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Is DOOM 64 out on Switch? May hold off in hopes of getting the same promotion with Eternal once it drops.

Started Animal Crossing, and it’s just what I needed. A perfect respite.

@RR529
Man, I got stuck on world 7 I think. Those bosses can get ridiculously hard.

@redd214
Yes, but a few passing comments isn’t turning this into a second C19 thread. The problem is the people who are keeping up with current events are the ones who will go to that thread, but people who just ignore it thinking it doesn’t affect them never will. And those are the people who need to see a wake up call in their own stomping grounds, because they aren’t going to seek that information out themselves.

RR529

@JaxonH, yeah, I've found the bosses in Banana Blitz HD to be sort of all over the place, largely due to the fact that in general they conceptually clash with the focus of the rest of the game.

I didn't have much trouble with the bosses of Worlds 1, 3, 6, or 7 (though in the case of the latter two I sort of felt like I just stumbled my way to victory. I hadn't really figured them out, I just sort of happened upon victory early on, my first try even when it came to the World 7 boss). The bosses of Worlds 4 & 5 were hard, but not infuriatingly so (conceptually the World 4 boss was the best in the game, as it's the one that played out most similarly to the regular levels), the World 2 boss was really hard, and the World 8 boss (the final one) was absolutely maddening.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH yea its out. Only 5 bucks and I was wondering myself if you buy it early, if You get some sort of discount towards eternal on switch something or something. Either way, I really didn't want to wait and find out. It's been pretty fun thus far. On level 6.

NintendoByNature

MsJubilee

Steins Gate Elite is finally picking up steam, and it only took 10 hours.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic