Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,741 to 46,760 of 69,983

Ralizah

@link3710 @gcunit Correct. Unless you're a 3DS collector, there's no reason to opt for Legends over DE, since DE merged Legends' bonus content with home console performance.

Although you will probably want Extra Epic Yarn if you're a fan of that game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

Yeah. Though the switch version is somewhat weird in the sense that they apparently did absolutely nothing to adapt it for handheld mode.

It supposedly still runs on the same settings and tries to output the same resolution as in docked mode. So you have the poor console working extra for nothing.

And it also apparently gets glitchy if you play long sessions.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AnVold

@Heavyarms55 I just said, that it is my opinion and nothing more. Where I was arrogant? Where I said, that other people have no rights to play in this ports? I never said it. All people can play in games, that they like.
And about me insulting the hard work of people who made this ports on Switch. I just don't think, that they did a good work.They like a parasites. Videogames is art, and they just made the worst version of this art. And it is not only worst version, it is the most expensive version also. I just think, that it is not right and this versions shouldn't exist. But it is only my opinion (as i said before). You can agree or disagree with me. And it is okay.

Edited on by AnVold

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

Anti-Matter

@Anvold
"I just think, that it is not right and this versions shouldn't exist"

Nonsense !
I played ported games on Switch and majority of them are really good ports such as FF X/X-2 HD, FF XII TZA, Overcooked 1 & 2, Lost Sphear, Penguin Wars, Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles, Earthlock, Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2, FF VIII remaster, LEGO CITY Undercover, Go Vacation, Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy, World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA, New Super Lucky Tale, Pokken Tournament DX, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy, etc.

"Videogames is art, and they just made the worst version of this art."

Perfect is Boring.

"And it is not only worst version, it is the most expensive version also."

Who the heck cares ?!
If i like the Switch version, i will buy them, doesn't matter the price as long not too expensive.

Anti-Matter

AnVold

@Anti-Matter I said only about big modern multiplatform games ports like Witcher 3 or Wolfenstein II. Of corse pastgen multiplatform, indie and Wii U ports works good on Switch. They may works even better on Switch then on original consoles. But when they try put a big modern game on Switch, make it look horrible and run it sometimes in 360p or 480p...I just think, that it is not right.

"Perfect is Boring"

It is not about perfect, it is about acceptable.

"Who the heck cares ?!"

Well...I care. Because I own a few platforms and I can compare. I think, that the worst version can't have a highter price then better version. Because it is only natural, then you spend more money for better product, for better quality. That's how it should works.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

Grumblevolcano

@Anvold But the best version in terms of resolution and framerate for multiplatform games will always be cheapest. PC gaming in general is pretty much wait a few months for the price to massively drop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

AnVold

@Grumblevolcano yes, but you need a good and expensive PC, that play a modern games in good quality. It will cost much more then any console.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

MuhBael

@Anvold a PC with mid settings already looks better than any console and isn't that expensive. Mine cost around 499$

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

link3710

@Anvold No way. I'd wager you'll be able to build a more powerful PC than either PS5 or XB1SX in whatever price bracket they end up falling into. Obviously that doesn't include the monitor, since the console doesn't include the TV, but still. I have a system I built two years ago at around $800, and it'll almost certainly still significantly outperform consoles that aren't releasing until it's 3 years old. PCs are cheaper, the downside is that you need more technical knowhow to get the best performance out of them.

link3710

NintendoByNature

I had no clue the megaman zero games were THIS hard. I checked on HLTB and it says about 3 hours to finish the game. That must be a no death run 😋. I'm probabaly 8 hours in and at the final boss which im sure will take me at least an hour to beat. That's with save assists. I might even turn on casual mode for my zero 2 run through.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@T7Hokage017 The Zero games are nail bitingly hard for most players, it's pretty well agreed. If you're an expert at the genre perhaps not, but for anyone who mostly only plays MegaMan games for platform shooters... Yeah.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@T7Hokage017 it's honestly probably me then. I think 1 is pretty brutal, but maybe im just not that good honestly. I can fly thru the states but i struggle with bosses.
And don't get me wrong I'm having fun, but I'm also raging at times 😋

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@T7Hokage017 yea for sure. I ended up spending a good hour and twenty on the final boss to eventually give up. I Just can't beat him. Got to phase 2 only twice but barely had any health to even figure out what im doing. With that said, I'll probabaly start on zero 2 tomorrow on casual mode. Just think im cut out for normal mode 😂. Once I clear all the games I'll go back and try to finish 1.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@T7Hokage017 cool thanks dude. I started 2 this morning. Only played for a little though. I'll let you know how i progress.

NintendoByNature

RR529

Uggh, the final boss in Daemon X Machina is so much harder than anything else in the game.

There's no way to pick up more ammo during the fight, so you'll run out before you can kill him (I once had him at half health before I was all tapped out). There are tons of these explosive generator things you can throw at him (which I'm sure is the intended method, in addition to your normal weaponry), but he moves around so much good luck with that.

Plus, there aren't any health restoring energy containers around either (there are usually 5 or 6 scattared about in other levels), making things even harder. I could replace my missile launcher with a health restoring attatchment, but that would just give me less ammo to use, and I'd have to have the time to stay in the healing area, which I likely couldn't becsuse of how much the boss moves around.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is ok. Not my top pick but, a decent dungeon crawler. And honestly, the Switch did need some more games in this genre... more good ones, anyways.

Jumped into Divinity Original Sin 2 after the recent patch. Also got my switch and PC saves syncing correctly now. That’s a really tough game to get into with a high learning curve but I keep hearing from everyone it’s right up there with Witcher 3. Speaking of which, I’m not quite done with Witcher 3. Still have the final boss battle and the expansions but I will be wrapping it up in the near future and need a new RPG to jump into.

Trails of Cold Steel III is dropping in 12 days though, and Trials of Mana next month, and in all likelihood, Xenoblade Chronicles Remake the month after that. I may just start playing those.

I see Metro 2033 is like, #78 on the eShop best sellers with Metro Last Light around 100. And Samurai Showdown at 177. Seems to confirm that FPS is one genre that consistently underperforms on Switch, no matter how good the game or how high quality the port is. Not sure what’s up with Samurai Showdown though. It was a solid port and even had exposure in Smash. And it’s a good game.

But Rune Factory 4 is doing very well. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Mega Man ZX, all doing really well. More and more you get a feel for the types of games that do really well on the system and the types of games that don’t do so well on the system.

Btw, check out the killer collector edition of Trails of Cold Steel 3 on Switch

Untitled

Trails of Cold Steel III Collector Edition

@RR529
This may be of some help. I had heard about that boss and read up on it.

https://respawnfirst.com/daemon-x-machina-final-boss-the-domi...

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

I'd be more tempted by Cold Steel III on Switch if I had more faith in NIS' porting abilities. Ys VIII had framerate issues late game that got pretty severe, though, so I want to see how it performs first.

Also, I need to play the first two games, and those won't be ported over.

Trials of Mana looks fun, but it has the misfortune of launching next to FFVII Remake.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

Trials of mana is my most anticipated game of 2020 so far

NintendoByNature

link3710

@JaxonH Not really surprising about PMD, it's probably my 3rd favorite out of the 4, even with all the QoL improvements this will have. Definitely a significantly weaker story and characters than Explorers or Super, which are usually what helps elevate the games beyond 'okay dungeon crawler'

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic