@link3710 so what are the two usb ports for on the docking station

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Does the 2 usb ports on my docking station store games

NO

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

Here’s something you have to understand about Capcom.

They’re graphics whores. Or rather, they’ve realized most gamers are, and have thus crafted policy around that realization.

And what I mean by that is Capcom will not release a game if it has to be compromised too much graphically. They’ll cut framerate all day. But they want the pretty graphics because they believe that is the number one factor that determines whether a game sells (and as much as I may not want to admit it, they may be onto something). Any game that would require a downgrade in the ballpark of DOOM or The Witcher 3... they’re just not interested. They don’t even try. They pushed RE5/RE6 to 1080p on Switch, even at the expense of framedrops, when they could have easily ran those games at 900p with dynamic res drops to 720p for stability. At the end of the day it wasn’t that big of a deal because the games actually do play pretty well but the point is, you can see where their priorities lie.

Maybe their policy will change in the future. But I doubt it. And with that in mind, I’m not expecting any games from Capcom that push graphical boundaries beyond that of a PS3 AAA game.

So I don’t expect any future Resident Evil games from them, or any other current gen AAA games for that matter.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Well these are the Capcom games released on current gen systems but not Switch (yet):

• Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake
  • Resident Evil 7 (though cloud version is in Japan)
  • Monster Hunter World
  • DmC: Devil May Cry port
  • Devil May Cry 4 port
  • Devil May Cry V
  • Street Fighter V (Sony has console exclusivity)
  • Dead Rising 1 and 2 ports
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite
  • Strider (2014)
  • Umbrella Corps

I think the mostly likely of these is DMC4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Ah man, I really tried to get through the Dead Rising games. But I’m just so awful at zombie games. I get too nervous and then don’t want to go anywhere. Dead Island was harrowing with friends. Even the section of Mass Effect 2 on the derelict Collector ship was rough with all those Husks. The Cain was never used so much. Banshee screams are something I’ll never forget, especially in Platinum multiplayer matches.

I think the only zombie game I was okay with was that Walking Dead survival game on 360. And the Telltale series.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ninfan

@JaxonH the games capcom are releasing aren't very good . When you compare them to the few games they released on gamecube, they were brilliant 👍

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Some Capcom games i have interest on PS1 :
Street Fighter Alpha series
Pocket Fighter
Magical Tetris feat. Disney

And on PSP.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Airu de Puzzle
Monhun Nikki Poka Poka Airu Mura DX

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ninfan
Some Capcom games i have interest on PS1 :
Street Fighter Alpha series
Pocket Fighter
Magical Tetris feat. Disney

And on PSP.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Airu de Puzzle
Monhun Nikki Poka Poka Airu Mura DX

@Anti-Matter do you remember the capcom 5 on gamecube.PN.03, viewtiful joe, (killer 7)👎, resi 4, dead phoneix I think they released that one in some places

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I don't even play those Capcom games on Gamecube.
Remember, i play mostly cute and cartoonish games.

Anti-Matter

Magician

Ninfan wrote:

@link3710 so what are the two usb ports for on the docking station

Arcade sticks, for 2D fighting games and retro arcade games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MuhBael

@Grumblevolcano The only ones i could see realistically coming to Switch are Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and DMC4. I would love to play RE2 and RE3 on the go but sadly Capcom seems totally uninterested in releasing their newest game to the console

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

IceClimbers

There's also Ace Attorney 4, 5, and 6 to release, whether that's in the form of a Trilogy 2 or separate releases

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OorWullie

I've never understood why we can't use those USB ports for external storage. It's a simple solution to one of the Switch's biggest issues. I bought a 2TB hard drive for my Wii U in 2014 and it only cost me around £50 but was forced to pay more than that for a 128gb card in 2017 and then the same again to upgrade it to a larger size last year. Why can't I just store all my games on a hard drive and transfer what I want to my handheld when needed?

The Wii U was mocked for coming with a piddly 32GB in 2012 but with hard drive support, it was really a none issue. Yet it's successor comes with the same piddly storage but forces you to use expensive Micro SD cards that are limited in capacity. It's a home console that uses Micro SD and it's ridiculous when you think about it. I'm now at a stage where I have to buy big games physically when I would rather buy them digitally, which in turn means less profit for Nintendo. There's also been a few times where I've decided not to buy an Eshop only game simply because the file size was too big.

This is a long overdue rant...

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

CaterpillarGuy59

@OorWullie The main problem is that there’s nothing stopping you from taking the switch out of the dock while it’s running a game from the external hard drive, which, let’s be honest, would be extremely easy to accidentally do. It probably wouldn’t be the end of the world if it did happen, but it would most likely result in enough people salty about losing a bunch of progress or something that it’s not worth the headache for Nintendo to allow it.

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person

~ Currently playing: Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Switch), Monster Hunter: World (PS4), Banjo Kazooie (N64 via NSO)

~ Currently watching: The Book of Boba Fett, Link Click, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War, Horimiya

Switch Friend Code: SW-4969-1374-0104 | 3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355

Late

Downloading Samurai Shodown. Here's your reminder to get it now in case you are interested in the pre-order bonus: a digital version of Samurai Shodown! 2, originally released for Neo Geo Pocket Color.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

OorWullie

@CaterpillarGuy59 I hadn't thought of that but I'm sure that wouldn't be much of an issue. If you remove the console from the dock while playing a game stored externally, it could give you a notification to place the console back in the dock and save the game before taking it out, the save file will be on the console itself so it wouldn't be lost. I'm pretty sure if you remove a game card while playing, it just tells you to insert the card to continue playing, rather than close the game.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic