Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,361 to 46,380 of 70,025

JaxonH

@Octane
I never played 2 and I understood everything in 3 perfectly fine, the vast majority is self-contained

I think that’s precisely the point being made. Even Witcher 3 didn’t really require the previous game, despite actually having a continuing overarching story and choices you have to fill in for the previous game, with way more references dependent on previous events.

So if even that game was fine...

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Aozz101x

New ACNH commercial was leaked (and private) so it's been uploaded by a different person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP7U5S3yjzM

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Ninfan

Is there a switch friend code thread or do I just use this one

Ninfan

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

@Octane
I never played 2 and I understood everything in 3 perfectly fine, the vast majority is self-contained

Yeah I played 3 before either of the others. I've still not finished Witcher 2, I'm about half way through. And I haven't played Witcher 1 at all.

3 just feels like its own game to me.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

Well, it looks like Animal Crossing: New Horizons is going to continue Nintendo's streak of giving fans the games they've always wanted on Switch.

link3710

JaxonH

Ya, Animal Crossing looks slick. They really upped their game from New Leaf.

The visual details for things like the bugs, museum artifacts and the aurora borealis is impressive. And it seems they incorporated Happy Home Designer right into the main game. All the interior designing aspects they learned from Home Designer is being put to good use.

And finally, all those two dollar animal crossing Amiibo that have been boxed up in my closet for the last three years... May actually see some use.

edit
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 + Knuckles is incredible on Switch. The port is immaculate, no input lag whatsoever, you get the full experience including the Sonic & Knuckles add on content, the drop dash from Sonic Mania, stage select, Ring Keep mode, a slew of filtering and aspect ratio options (I like the smoothing effect without any scan lines), save states, button customization, and more.

And that’s without even mentioning the fact you’re getting the first HD handheld version of this game, without giving up getting a console version, because (and I know it’s beating a dead horse at this point but) you’re getting a hybrid version. That in and of itself makes it more valuable than any other version of this game released.

Now, if only we could get Sonic 3 + Knuckles. The Sega Megadrive collection on STEAM has noticeable input lag, and it’s not even included in the Switch version.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

The new animal crossing that's coming out is suppose to be really good. I read on gamesradar 😃

Ninfan

JaxonH

And this is why the m-cable is worth its weight in gold.

The AA makes the game look blurry. So the solution is turn the AA off, since that option was added in the 3.6 update. Problem is, that adds aliasing. A lot of it. In handheld mode, that’s not a problem. Just use the sharpening filter on low. Or, leave AA on and put sharpening on high to counterbalance it.

But docked, it can look even better by turning AA off, which gets you a crisper image and better framerate, and relying on the m-cable to clean up the jagged edges. This is how I’ve been playing for the last hour or so, and I’m genuinely impressed. Obviously it’s not as good as PC and I’ll probably just stick with that for TV play but, The game looks noticeably better post-patch with AA turned off and an m-cable.

The Witcher 3 (Default, AA On, No m-cable)
Untitled

The Witcher 3 (AA Off, m-Cable)
Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Aozz101x

it looks like Animal Crossing: New Horizons will support Save data transfer from one console to another later this year.
Untitled
source: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Animal-Cross...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

link3710

@JaxonH Yup, I popped it in just to try it and I may actually be playing Witcher 3 in docked configuration sometimes now. It's not top of the line image quality, but it looks acceptable even blown up on a 65" TV.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
You have an m-Classic too, right?

It’s a noticeable difference. Like you said, it’s still not top line image quality, but it’s crossed that threshold from being just bad enough it starts to detract, to just good enough it doesn’t detract.

Before I would have thoughts about how much better it would be playing on PC. But now I just don’t have those kinds of thoughts because it looks sufficient... adequate. Enough you don’t think about it once you’re into the game.

Obviously I will still choose to play PC just because I can and it is way nicer but I would totally be OK playing this docked if I didn’t have another option. And frankly, I’m still OK playing docked if I’m just too lazy to switch inputs and fire up the PC, and just want to dock the Switch and play there for a little while.

Be sure to set your Switch output resolution to 720p for this game, if you have m-Classic. For games that have higher native output it looks better when you just leave it on automatic or 1080p. But for games like this where 720p is the target, that 1440p upscale really helps. 720p upscaled can’t trump native 1080p, so other games with higher res should avoid, but this one is a prime candidate.

link3710

@JaxonH Huh okay, I'll have to try that out then. And yeah, I did pick one up too after I finally got a tv that was over 30" and 720p it seemed like a worthwhile investment.

link3710

NintendoByNature

Is anyone else playing devil may cry 3? I'm really enjoying it thus far and I'm noticing just like dmc1, theres some crazy difficulty spikes early on. But not too bad. Love being able to get into this series all these years later.

Its so great the switch is getting all of these ports/remasters, and attention the last year or so from 3rd parties. And even though it's a sore subject, capcom is really going all in with switch. Albeit, sometimes gimped versions that are digital only.

Megaman Z/X collection and DMC3 in one month is pretty solid. Makes me wonder what capcom has in store for 2020 🤔

NintendoByNature

link3710

@NintendoByNature I need to finish DMC1. I'm still probably only a quarter of the way through the game at most.

Z/ZX collection is going to kill me when it comes. My 6 favorite platformers in the series (MMBN3, Legends and SF3 rank high too), and they're all in one package. Classic/X never appealed to me as much tbh, though they are fun.

I kind of expect to see a port of Darkstalkers Resurrection this year, I feel like they might be willing to give it another try. Viewtiful Joe remastered feels like a must at this point, though maybe not til 2021? And as for new titles, I foresee a Switch focused (but maybe not exclusive) Monster Hunter rolling out this year.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 dmc1 was just ok in my opinion. I could tell the series is good; I just wasn't crazy about it. I figured games later in the series would be better(minus dmc2). But i like that dmc3 special edition doesn't waste your time. For instance, you get like 3 continues before you have to start the mission over in 1 which I wasn't crazy about. In some boss fights it was easy to die within seconds before you can figure out their weak spot.

In dmc3, you can select gold to start the game, and it's unlimited continues from the start of the room you're in. I still think 1 is good enough but i can already tell 3 is going to be better about 2.5 hours in. I would at least finish 1 if I were you. It's not a long game, but if youre like me, you can die alot and end up lengthening the game just due to dying.

As for other capcom ports. I'm kind of hoping we actually get a release of re7 over here (or RE2make) and I'd be pretty happy with having a chance to play some viewtiful joe.

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature It would be weird if RE 6 was really the last one they port to the console. If they cut the framerate to 30 and lowered the resolution, then I think the latest games could work. That depends on the scaleability of the propriety engine Capcom is using though. They aren’t huge games and I think Capcom could get them to a manageable file size if they put in the effort.

It would be cool to play 0-7 all on a handheld console. We’ll see what happens.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision yea that's what im thinking. We're so close to having all re games on switch. Bring over the last couple and I'm sure it'll sell.

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

Does the 2 usb ports on my docking station store games

Ninfan

link3710

@Ninfan No, you can't connect an external hard drive. Games go on internal memory or onto a micro SD card if you have one inserted.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic