Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,021 to 46,040 of 69,962

gcunit

It's been a week since @JaxonH last posted. Has he finally drowned beneath his Smaug-like pile of games? Hope you're well bud, we're missing your take on Nintendo's 2020.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit
I’m still around. Just... spending a little less time on video games lately.

So incredibly happy about W101. One of my absolute favorite games on Wii U. Frankly I think Nintendo is foolish for their lack of faith, to basically say ”ya we’ll do it if you really need us to, but if you just want to self publish yourself we give you permission”. They are foolish to doubt the sales potential of any game on Switch.

That said, I don’t really care. As long as I get the game, I’m happy. Already backed for a physical copy (wish I could have spent more for the art book or the little figures but they wanted way too much money for those tiers). And thanks to Switch’s touchscreen, we can still enjoy the game how it was originally intended. Granted, I actually ended up using the analog more than the touchscreen, but I think it will be easier on Switch to use touch because A it’s a shorter reach for your thumb to the screen than the Gamepad, and B The screen is designed for your fingers rather than a stylus, and it was having to hold a stylus while you play that made it cumbersome... that won’t be the case here.

April release too, that’s so soon!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

To be honest I was surprised by how fast W101 was backed. It was one of those games that it was cool to pan even if you'd never played it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

I already backed it myself, super happy it's actually coming. Apparently Nintendo offered to back it, but only as an exclusive (no surprise), but Platinum decided to take it multiplat instead, hence the Kickstarter. Thooough don't quote me, I still haven't found the original source on that yet.

Anyways, I'm very curious to see what the other projects end up being. Looks like we're getting unannounced things for the new Plat4 at least, even if they aren't all new.

Oh and yeah, can't believe it's probably gonna be over a mill in a day. Goes to show how many people either wanted to play it but couldn't cause of hardware, or want an enhanced/portable version.

EDIT: Okay, the game page confirms that Nintendo gave it's blessing for the kickstarter, meaning that yes, it is a Nintendo IP at least partially.
EDIT 2: Okay you can quote me. Apparently it's in the FAQ that Nintendo did offer to fund it as an exclusive, but also blessed them to self-publish as a multiplat instead.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit Well the Switch showed to people that the Wii U had good games, just at an awful release pace. Nintendo relied too heavily on Pikmin 3 filling the 2013 game drought.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

I hope the success of Wonderful 101's kickstarter leads to the last few big Wii U titles coming to Switch as well. I'd love a Pikmin trilogy and Xenoblade X.

Then if they could get a few more consoles onto NSO I could pack up the Wii U and just display it on a shelf instead.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

https://www.polygon.com/2020/2/3/21120978/wonderful-101-remas...

Okay, based on the Polygon interview, it sounds like Nintendo may have actually provided funding as well, but only for the Switch port? Kinda hard to tell at this point. But it sounds like most of the changes will be in evening out difficulty, making controls more well explained and understandable, and increasing user control of the experience. Whiiiich is mostly what the game needs anyways.

And yeah, it's XCX, Pikmin 3, and 3D World that are the big three left now I think? Nintendoland is the only reason I'll keep my Wii U out (well, plus BC since I don't have a Wii), but that's that. Woolly World and the Zeldas would be nice to haves, but those three are the last big true exclusives.

Edit: Oh and there's Fatal Frame too

Edited on by link3710

link3710

NintendoByNature

Silly question: if you don't back it on kickstarter, do you lose your opportunity to get a physical copy? I guess I'm wondering if they'll release physical copies in store outside of kickstarter.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@NintendoByNature It likely depends on how successful the kickstarter is. But considering they've blown well past the minimum goals, you can likely get a physical later. No promises though, maybe they'll clear that up soon.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 Cool thanks for the reply..guess i have some thinking to do. I could easily grab a Wii u copy but I'd rather have a switch copy for obvious reasons. I'll see how this plays out.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, I'd need the following for my Wii U to stop needing to be plugged in:

• NES getting Earthbound Beginnings
  • SNES getting Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, DKC trilogy
  • Mega Man Battle Network Collection
  • N64 and GBA added to NSO (including GBA getting Mega Man & Bass)
  • DS added to NSO
  • Wii either added to NSO (unlikely given Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition) or more Wii HD remasters/remakes (whatever Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition counts as)
  • The remaining Wii U games being ported over like Xenoblade X, 3D World, Pikmin 3, etc.

I'd guess the Wii U games, Battle Network Collection, N64 and GBA for NSO are the most likely.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

Yeah, I've never involved myself in any of this crowdfunding stuff, so I hope W101 gets a physical release outside of backer copies at some point in the future (and not from one of those limited run outlets either).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano Totally fair. I'd be hopeful for more Wii U ports. But getting GBA and N64 games on NSO is the ideal, DS seems rather unlikely but I would really like it - I can dream of Advance Wars Dual Strike on the bigger screen, can't I? And the DS version of Chrono Trigger too?

And weren't they just talking about a Mega-Man Battle Network collection not too long ago?

I know a lot of people really dislike NSO and the longer they take to add more content to it, beyond NES and SNES the less willing I am to give it the benefit of the doubt. But I still do think it has the potential to be great - I'd even pay more for it, if they added several more consoles and a lot more games to it.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Cotillion

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Yeah, I'd need the following for my Wii U to stop needing to be plugged in:

• NES getting Earthbound Beginnings
  • SNES getting Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, DKC trilogy
  • Mega Man Battle Network Collection
  • N64 and GBA added to NSO (including GBA getting Mega Man & Bass)
  • DS added to NSO
  • Wii either added to NSO (unlikely given Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition) or more Wii HD remasters/remakes (whatever Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition counts as)
  • The remaining Wii U games being ported over like Xenoblade X, 3D World, Pikmin 3, etc.

I'd guess the Wii U games, Battle Network Collection, N64 and GBA for NSO are the most likely.

Of all this, oddly/sadly enough, Capcom is the most likely to deliver with a Battle Network Collection of some kind, IMO. I wouldn't hold my breath for the vast majority of that stuff from Nintendo. I'd guess a 3D World port having the best chance and most of that stuff for NSO being a far off dream.

Cotillion

cambotero

DannyBoi wrote:

@Octane By first charge I meant the one you are supposed to give a device or console when you first get it. Like the manufacturer reccomends yout to do.

You don't need to do this with the lithium ion batteries that all mobile devices use nowadays…
It was recommended for the batteries in the 90s and the 2000s in order to set a 'reference' máximum value to the battery in its first charge, which would help to maximize the performance in the following charges, but lithium ion batteries behavior is totally different and don't need this first full charge.

A lot of people still doing it because they learnt it several years ago, and it won't hurt your battery at all… but it won't help performance either.

cambotero

Ralizah

I've told people for years that the Wii U had a number of good exclusives. At least people are finally discovering that, even if it's on a different system.

For myself, my Wii U doubles as my Wii, so I won't be getting rid of it.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Tyranexx

I won't be trashing my Wii U anytime soon. It currently doubles as my Wii, though that may change if I can secure the old Wii system off of my parents. Even if that happens, I'll be keeping it for the system exclusives that I still own and enjoy.

I second a Battle Network collection.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

IceClimbers

With Saints Row IV getting officially announced, Bioshock: The Collection is the remaining retailer listing left to be announced.

Half expecting it to be announced for an April/May release.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea I actually play wii u regularly as you know. Alot of good exclusives and that sweet sweet vc.. I rarely play it Wii mode.. that may change if prime trilogy isn't announced at the next direct for switch, but I did actually just buy a Wii game on Amazon. Metroid ther M New. Only 11 bucks. I know it hasn't been received that well, but I'm willing to give it a go.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic