Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,961 to 45,980 of 69,981

Magician

FragRed wrote:

Doesn’t Nintendo own the IP to Wonderful 101? Or at least must have some say in all this as they did fund/publish it. Also it’s odd that they require crowd funding considering that Tencent money they just received.

Crowd funding is a fair way to gauge interest in a Switch port of Wonderful 101. Clearly Nintendo themselves have expressed zero interest in funding the port. So if interest in the kickstarter is strong enough, Platinum will be willing. All that Tencent money is going towards other projects.

It makes sense considering Wonderful 101 only sold roughly 360k worldwide.
http://www.vgchartz.com/db/game.php?id=72209

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

IceClimbers

@Magician That vgchartz number is probably overshooting it too. Probably closer to 200k in reality, if not sub 200k.

The game bombed hard.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

rallydefault

Wonderful 101 was... not a fun game, in my opinion. I get the praise for trying something different, blahblahblah. But ultimately, it just wasn't enjoyable for me. It was a long game that dragged, too.

I don't know. It reeks of one of those games that people flock around and force to be a "cult classic" for whatever reason. Niche game on a niche console, so hipsters wanna plant a flag in it and profess its genius lol

I'll be super disappointed if people are spending time/money on bringing the game to Switch. Effort that could've gone to much more deserving games.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Octane

I'm more baffled by the fact that Japanese devs still don't know what an Xbox is.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Some Japanese people don't like Xbox due to spelling of X or the meaning of X = Cross shape
Cross in Japan means Batsu or Wrong
While Circle means Maru or Right.
On Japanese Kanji letter, there is a letter with X symbol in the middle means Bad Luck.
Untitled

Also, Microsoft still don't like Japanese style games (Anime style character, JRPG, quirky games, Chibi style, Kawaii games, etc) and Xbox games will NOT selling to Kawaii / Cute games lover.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Eel
And that's why Japanese people don't like that Kanji letter when they saw X symbol in the middle of square symbol. 🤣

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Dualshock 4 has a touchpad and gyro meanwhile Switch has a touch screen (handheld), pointer aiming (docked/tabletop) and gyro (all modes). XB1 and Series X controllers have the exact same functionality as the 360 controllers (it's just a Xbox controller, nothing special) so it could partially be a controller thing.

Even Xbox Elite Series 2 doesn't have gyro.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NotTelevision

Also the number 4 is unlucky in Japan since it is pronounced similar to death. Didn’t seem to stop Sony.

NotTelevision

Ninfan

Where do I find my switch friend code

Ninfan

WoomyNNYes

@Ninfan open your Switch profile. The friend code is there where you select your avatar & username.
"Friend Code: SW-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

DannyBoi

I just got a revised version of the OG Switch. What is the battery life likeon it compared to the original? Like a game like Bayonetta?

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
And the revised version cannot be jailbroken as the previous model, so your machine is safe. 😉

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi

@Eel Any other improvements to it?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Ninfan

How long does it take to download games from eshop

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic