Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,941 to 45,960 of 69,963

TuVictus

720p is HD. 1080p is FullHD. Ultra HD is 4k.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

NintendoByNature

Not sure if its been discussed yet, but I just checked Nintendo.com on the upcoming games and doom 64 is listed at $4.99. I'm a little surprised at the price,in a good way. I actually thought it would be a little pricier so thats good.

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

@NintendoByNature Oh wow, I figured that it would be $9.99, same price as Doom 3. Definitely grabbing Doom 64 when it launches.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

Huh. Well I'd get it if I didn't have 3 separate doom playthroughs in progress (Doom, Doom 2 and Doom Reboot). The massive update gave me a huge boost on wanting to play the originals.

Anyways, I'm excited for W101 to finally come out (again) this year. It sounds stupid considering I've already beaten it twice but... I want it portable already. And yes I know there's no proof but my gut says we'll be seeing it soon after this second tease. Clearly it was more of a matter of when to port it than if.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

the download for the month is out.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

DOOM 64 is absolutely a day one buy for me at that price.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ryu_Niiyama

Has anybody played stranded sails? Thoughts?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Has anybody played stranded sails? Thoughts?

I played the PS4 version for a while and it was.... pretty boring at the beginning.
The camera angle was locked.
Your energy drained fast as you moved.
The biggest difference is the fps on their version.
PS4 = 60 fps, Switch = 30 fps.
Even on PS4 version there was a frame rate drop on specific spot. Cannot imagine on Switch version.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

Is that animal crossing switch the new switch there talking about ?

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Is that animal crossing switch the new switch there talking about ?

Yes.

Anti-Matter

rallydefault

I just wanna talk about Yooka Laylee: Impossible Lair for a sec.

I was one who felt pretty let down by the first Yooka Laylee game. Sure, the 3D world they created was pretty neat, and the idea of expanding the worlds was cool, but the gameplay elements of the platforming and moveset felt underwhelming and even frustrating to me. Hit detection felt like rolling the dice, the flying mechanics made me step away from the game multiple times (including the last boss, for anybody who got there), the general movements of Yooka felt super floaty and the sluggish camera made platforming feel muddy.

I was skeptical much if anything would change in Impossible Lair. I figured much of the sloppy gameplay feel would stay the same, especially with how soon this game was coming after the first. Boy was I wrong.

The controls are sooooooo much tighter. The platforming is more responsive. The hit detection is light-years better, even <gasp> normal and legitimate. Even the charm of the characters and setting that the original had, obviously, is so much more concentrated this time, with more of that book-type feel in the dialogue boxes and some of the menu stuff. The switch to (mostly) 2D seemed to allow the devs to kind of take a few steps backward, but not in a bad way. It seemed to let them boil the formula down a bit to the fun basics that make up any good platformer without overcomplicating the gameplay. The moment I first started to move Yooka and did a few jumps and a roll jump in Impossible Lair, the movement just felt right, not floaty or muddy like in the first game.

Bravo to Playtonic. With Impossible Lair, I think you guys have solidified a new great video game franchise, at least for me. Platforming fans, if you haven't checked it out, there's a demo on the eShop now. Definitely give it a try, even if you didn't like the first game.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@Octane looks new to me lol 😋. I knew it wasn't the pro though. His question was kinda vague and thats the newest switch coming out so I just rolled with it.

NintendoByNature

Matthew010

GameXplain are reporting that The Wonderful 101 is coming to Switch, as well as PS4!

Matthew010

FragRed

Doesn’t Nintendo own the IP to Wonderful 101? Or at least must have some say in all this as they did fund/publish it. Also it’s odd that they require crowd funding considering that Tencent money they just received.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Nintendo could've sold their stake in the IP if it was theirs. Remember what happened with Rare, Nintendo had partial stake in them and then Rare got bought by Microsoft after Nintendo gave up their stake.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Still it’s strange that they need to crowd fund after that Tencent deal. Unless they don’t have much faith in it’s success.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic