Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,781 to 45,800 of 69,981

NotTelevision

@Grumblevolcano I wasn’t following it too much back in 2016, but that sounds about right. I bet after the WiiU many thought Nintendo was going to revert back to making traditional “power” consoles. It’s always safe to assume that isn’t the case.

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

@DannyBoi Those aren’t weird policies at all. They were limitations of architecture that wasn’t cloud based. And in situations where the device was lost or stolen, a person just needed to call Nintendo.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DannyBoi

@HobbitGamer I see:). Ihave noticed on the Switch something about my console being activated as a primary console?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

MuhBael

@NotTelevision Yeah, i think it's safe to say Nintendo will never go back to make proper Home Consoles or Handhelds. From now on Nintendo will only make Hybrid Consoles. Does that mean they'll always be behind Sony and Microsoft when it comes to graphics? Probably.

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

RR529

Just finished up XC2: Torna tonight! I'm still processing it all, but man was it a great game and a great start to the year in Switch gaming for me.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

rallydefault

@MuhBael
Never say never, buuuuuuuuut…. I'm inclined to agree at the current moment.

We just don't know what the future holds, though. 99% probably we'll continue on the technological path we're on, but who knows, there may be some kind of reverse or "crash" (hrm… feel like I've heard that in relation to video games before) that kicks us back to more traditional ideas once more.

rallydefault

Atomic77

Nintendo has made the proper console as of late. It’s called the Switch Lite.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Heavyarms55

@RR529 Stellar game to be sure! One of my faves. XC2 is my favorite Switch title overall!

@Atomic77 I vastly prefer the Switch to its little brother.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

@RR529

Torna was great! I loved that Titan.

I didn't love the insane amount of grinding they forced into it to bloat the playtime though.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DannyBoi

Got some maintence coming on the 27th/28th. For online play of some software. Its for smash bros update 7.0 probably.

link3710

Bingo, Byleth is coming on the 28th, we can assume the maintenance is just Smash online going down in preparation.

link3710

Ralizah

Torna is probably my favorite Xenoblade game to date. Loved the side-quests, improved battle system, gorgeous environments/presentation, great characters, camping mechanic, etc.

As to Switch/Switch Lite... while I use the latter quite a bit more (because I play undocked most of the time), I could go without it if I needed to, whereas I don't think the same is true of the former. Ring Fit Adventure might as well be exclusive to the bigger model, and certain games, like Xenoblade 2 or Dragon Quest XI S, are just much more enjoyable experiences on the TV.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

It'll be interesting seeing what happens with the investor meeting next week, the upcoming releases section sure is going to be very empty.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX - March 6th 2020
Animal Crossing New Horizons - March 20th 2020
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - 2020
Bayonetta 3 - TBA
Metroid Prime 4 - TBA

Compared to this last January:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/nintendo_reconfirms...

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MuhBael

The Legend Of Zelda Breath In The Wild 2 - TBA

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

Ryu_Niiyama

Has anyone played devil's hunt on PC? I know it is supposed to come to switch this year...its looks like my cup of tea but wanted some impressions.

Edit : I should not be this excited for railway empire, but I used to like train games when i was in my early teens. Looks rather robust. (My wishlist is going to melt my switch....)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SuperSpaghetti

rallydefault wrote:

@MuhBael
Never say never, buuuuuuuuut…. I'm inclined to agree at the current moment.

We just don't know what the future holds, though. 99% probably we'll continue on the technological path we're on, but who knows, there may be some kind of reverse or "crash" (hrm… feel like I've heard that in relation to video games before) that kicks us back to more traditional ideas once more.

Yeah. Preferably it only hurts indie shovelware and anime shovelware though.

Future games collector

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano Dun Dun Duuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnn! When is the investor meeeting anyway?

Grumblevolcano

@MuhBael Yeah that too, still light compared to last year's list around now.

@DannyBoi January 30th, I'd imagine Nintendo would satisfy investors on that day by announcing a new mobile game. The most interesting sales info to investors would likely be microtransaction sales in Nintendo's mobile games especially Mario Kart Tour.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DannyBoi Well Dr. Mario World was the only game announcement of last January's meeting.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic