Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,661 to 45,680 of 45,813

Ralizah

@Dezzy It's probably a Chinese knock-off. Try seeing if the fine details/model number/stuff like that are the same.

Or, hell, just try using it. If it's indistinguishable from a real Nintendo pad, then who cares?

You... are aware there has been a thriving bootlegging industry in the video game market for decades, right? Especially on Ebay. You actually have to be careful when ordering DS games on there, because piracy is so common.

Ralizah

BruceCM

It's probably not official, @Dezzy .... If they get caught selling stuff like that, they'll probably be in trouble, unless it clearly said it was whoever making it or something

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Dezzy

It has the correct model number on the back HAC-013. And the Nintendo logo on the back is actually indented into the plastic. That doesn't seem like something a fake company would have the capability to do. I think it's genuine.
It was from an ebay power seller so I'm guessing they just ran out of the generic version and had an official version spare.
Even the charging cable has the Nintendo logo indented into the plastic. Really does look genuine.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Knuckles-Fajita

@Dezzy It doesn't mean that what's inside is genuine though, just because the shell is.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dezzy

@Knuckles-Fajita

You think they'd take the plastic shell of a genuine controller and just fill it with different components?

A lot of the components are probably the same anyway aren't they? Isn't that how those generic versions work. They just strip down the official product and copy it?

Either way, it feels incredibly good quality, in terms of the buttons and analog sticks, so I'm betting it's real.

Edited on by Dezzy

Knuckles-Fajita

@Dezzy A lot of components may not be the same. The membranes for buttons, the actual buttons themselves, heck the board could be cheaper with dodgy traces. Hard to say.

The odds there isn't a catch to this is remarkably slim.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

rallydefault

This is a textbook case of "perception is reality." If it feels real to you, @Dezzy, then it's real lol

rallydefault

Dezzy

@rallydefault

Cool. I might have to go and enter that Chris Hemsworth look-a-like competition too then.

BruceCM

Eh, if it works, that's really the main thing.... Just if it goes wrong, maybe don't contact Nintendo

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

rallydefault

@Dezzy
Do it, man. If your profile picture is anything to go by, you've got it.

rallydefault

Magician

The upcoming week of October 13th is an rpg fan's dream. The Witcher III, Baldur's Gate I&II, Planescape, and the Digimon Cyber Slueth doube pack. What is that, about 300 hours of gaming for the main content, not including all the DLC content? Sheer madness. I love it.

Switch Physical Collection - 425 games (as of October 11th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

link3710

Yup. And I won't be playing any of them until next year. We're at the point of utter ludicrousness at the rate of releases, so just forming a giant backlog for me to try out later.

link3710

JaxonH

It is unfortunate that so many games are releasing to the point really excellent games and really high quality Switch ports are being ignored. I don’t know what developers were thinking sticking their games in such a crowded period. Surely devs like Ubisoft are playing it smart by holding off with Assassins Creed 4/Rogue until December. It may not be as good of a month for sales, but what good is the best month for sales if you’re drowned out by two dozen other excellent games?

Ori seems to have capped out at #7 on eShop which, judging by The Goose hitting 100k sales, I’d wager Ori will be lucky to even hit 50k... versus the 1.7 million it sold on Xbox One and PC. Not a good look.

Sniper Elite III hasn’t even registered as a blip- last comment here about it in its thread was the day it was announced, and it hasn’t even broken #1,000 on Amazon. And that is a real shame because the game looks and runs fantastic and has all the bells and whistles you’d want in a Switch port, including gyro and the full game on cart. It’s actually one of the best looking handheld games I’ve seen.

Darksiders II has had but a shadow of the impact Darksiders 1 had. Granted some of that might come down to the fact it just wasn’t as high-quality of a port, which is ironic given that the core development team actually handled this port...

Divinity Original Sin 2... not too good. Couldn’t even break top 10 on the eShop, and it was a digital only release. That’s crazy to me. Such a great game too.

Zelda, Dragon Quest and Ni No Kuni have pulled through though, so that’s good. And Daemon X Machina seems to have done as well as one could have hoped. Wondering how Witcher 3 will do, especially with Overwatch the same day (which itself will do well enough, I’m sure). But at least Witcher 3 seems to be picking up a little steam on Amazon (broke top #100 finally) so there’s hope still. Digimon is surely doomed though.

It’s become a death trap for any game released after Astral Chain, basically. Aside from the rare exception, only the select few which are lucky enough to have brand recognition (Zelda), Smash advertisement (Dragon Quest) or meme-status (Goose game) are really surviving it.

And besides Witcher 3 and Overwatch, we still have Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair (looks incredible btw), Little Town Hero, Ring Fit Adventure, A Hat In Time, Baldur’s Gate 1/2, Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale, Digimon Story: Cybersleuth Complete, Atelier Ryza (looks incredible), Disgaea 4, Vampyr, Aladdin/Lion King, Monkey Ball (hype!), Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6 and Luigi’s Mansion 3 (which everyone will buy, and rightfully so). November and December seem much more tame in comparison, though there are a few 2019 titles still floating around which haven’t nailed down a release date yet. Civ 6 expansions, Alien Isolation (like Sniper Elite III, it has gyro!), Panzer Dragoon Remake, Dark Crystal Tactics, Darksiders Genesis and Rune Factory 4. At least Pillars of Eternity 2 got pushed back to 2020.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

HobbitGamer

Yeah, after my splurge of FE3H, Astral, DxM, and Zelda, I’m pretty done on retails other than Luigi and AC. Heck, I still own some things I keep forgetting I want to play (Gardens Between, Broken Age)

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

link3710

Yeah, I'm honestly pretty sad about Digimon. As someone who's been dying for another good Digimon game on a Nintendo system since Dawn came out 12 years ago, it seems likely we'll get ignored again after this. Well, unless Survive does really well, at least that's launching day and date on Switch with other versions so it stands a chance.

Goose sold at least 100k in the first week, right? We have no idea how much more than that it was. From the way the comment read, they could be well over 250-500k by now for all we know, since 100k was the bare minimum they were willing to reveal simply saying sales were 'above that somewhere'. Ori I'm seeing spread slowly via word of mouth at least, among the communities I'm in, so I'm sure it doesn't have the as bad as the typical falloff you'd expect saleswise. I could easily see that hitting 150k -200k by end of life. Still nowhere close to Xbox's numbers, but the utter lack of marketing and terrible release date kind of doomed it.

As for the rest? Divinity Original Sin II is on my wishlist to alert me when it goes on sale since I have too much else to play. Sniper Elite III has not given me any reason to be interested at all honestly, Darksiders II I already have on Steam and Wii U, GRID, Yooka Laylee, Overland, Risk of Rain 2, Blasphemous, River City Girls and Creature In The Well are all on my wishlist for when it's lighter, and I did get Ni No Kuni to play now.

Oh and I've been looking for a copy of Divinity in stores, no wonder I haven't been able to find it. Guess it'll go on my wishlist as well.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Backlog is piling up further because of Astral Chain. Haven't started Three Houses (though the way the DLC is distributed according to that Nintendo Life article, seems like there's no point in starting until April), Link's Awakening, Ori (demo didn't save my progress) and a bunch of other stuff on Switch.

Not to mention that the game I'm most excited about coming to XB1 this year is still to come, Halo Reach. Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon Sword/Shield, etc. can wait and if I clear enough of my Switch backlog before I get TMS#FE Encore day 1, Dragon Quest XI S and Daemon X Machina takes priority for next purchases.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

I was away from my TV today, so instead of progressing in Astral Chain (which I like playing on the bigger screen), I popped in Dragon Ball FighterZ and got a quite a few offline VS matches in, and then returned DKC Tropical Freeze to replay some of my favorite levels.

Sometimes it's nice to go back to older games for a shakeup.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
The Ori demo doesn’t store your saves unless you fully complete the demo. I transferred over fine- but I completed the demo. It saves when you get to the tree, and whatever your progress at that point, that’s what carries over.

If you’re a fan of gyro, you’re gonna love Daemon X Machina. I don’t really like mech games, but I love this game. Not only because of the gyro (though that does help because it makes aiming at enemies just out right fun every single second you’re playing), but also because it’s just a pretty high quality game, and the customization is killer. I love the mile deep stats list and swapping parts/weapons to the point every single thing can be changed.

Dragon Quest XI S is amazing. I couldn’t imagine playing the base game at this point- there’s just so much stuff added and changed its nuts. And a lot of the things on that list, I didn’t really understand how impactful they would be, but now having played the game I realize just how big of a deal they are.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/dragon-quest-xi-s-list-of-additio...

@RR529
Tropical Freeze is killer. Best 2D platformer ever made, and I’ll die on that hill 😁 Time Trials is where it’s at. I had the #2 time in the world without taking damage on 6K, the hardest level in the game, and was #12 for 6-1, back in the Wii U version. But then I got knocked back after years of not playing and then they deleted everything off the server except the top 10... was not happy about that.

I imagine you’re excited for Impossible Lair then, ya? It may not end up being quite as good as Tropical Freeze, but given no other platformer has even managed to muster half the brilliance of DKC, even coming within swinging distance will be a feat in and of itself.

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

IceClimbers

So I haven't encountered Joycon drift yet (knock on wood), but I now have a pink Joycon that doesn't sit flush with the system because the GameCube controller wire decided to pull the dock off my dresser and send the system flying.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

RR529

@JaxonH, honestly Impossible Lair isn't really on my radar.

There's just so much out now that there's more than I could possibly play.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic