Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,641 to 45,660 of 45,934

Ralizah

Never played TW3 either. Given how big and demanding a game it is, though, I think it's going to be very funny playing it on the relatively diminutive Switch Lite (surprisingly, the thing actually fits in the themed cloth sacks I have for the 3DS, so I'll be carrying it around in my DQVIII one).

The Witcher 3... on a dedicated handheld! Technology is pretty cool.

Ralizah

EvilLucario

I'm skipping Witcher 3 since I really hated my time playing it. Everything about the game is high quality except for the combat and movement. Geralt controls like ass, the combat sucks, and it gave off an extremely clunky feeling. And that's on PC at 60fps.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Octane

I did play through TW3 a few years ago. I think I put over 200 hours into it. Having it on Switch is pretty cool, and I kinda want to buy it for having it all on a card, but I don't know if I have the time to play through it again.

Octane

JaxonH

Combat was Witcher 3's weakest link, for sure.

However, it's all relative. Combat owns in Witcher compared to games like Skyrim, and millions of people love Skyrim to death (my coworker literally bought a Switch just to have Skyrim on handheld + console, and I see he's put well over 1,000 hrs in since, and he told me he'd played it before).

Kinda feels like Assassins Creed combat. Very realism focused. It's not that its bad. It just isn't standout.

But given how good people say the game is overall, I'm willing to tolerate combat being the one area that's "decent" rather than "spectacular" if I get to play it anywhere I want. And I did play several hrs of it, but it's hard to keep my attention with games that aren't mobile. It's nearly 2020 after all. Everything is mobile nowadays. Gaming should be too.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Octane

@JaxonH I'm pretty sure you get paid by the handheld interest group at point, how else can you afford all those games

''It's not that its bad. It just isn't standout.''

But yeah, this is true. It is not bad at all, just not as good as most of the other elements of the game. I did focus on the signs, and I had quite a bit of fun. Though, be wary of any enemies/bosses that resist those kind of attacks. Gwent is brilliant too, but I'm not sure if I can go back to TW3 Gwent now that I've played a fair amount of the online card game; and Thronebreaker of course.

Octane

BruceCM

What, exactly, did you want W3 to do better or differently in combat, then .... ?

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

DenDen

@JaxonH like you said, its yust a term.
I like the combat in skyrim imo

Edited on by DenDen

Now playing
Switch : slay the spire, Fire emblem tree Houses, super neptunia RPG (updated 13-0
10-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Magician

TW3 combat was a tad boring. Once you unlock the bolt deflect passive and learned the spell that blocks one hit before recasting is required, you were almost never in danger. It became less difficult than the Batman Arkham games. However, I do enjoy the human decapitation animations. It's as though Geralt would be right at home in a Mortal Kombat game, gloriously gory.

Switch Physical Collection - 433 games (as of October 22nd, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

BlueBlur101

@Magician Close range combat in TW3 is really clunky and jittery imo. The really inept A.I. for enemies doesn't help it either, especially when using long ranged weapons like the bow and arrows from afar, where they just dont notice you at all upon being hit.

BlueBlur101

Switch Friend Code: SW-7235-4572-5129 | My Nintendo: French Fry

scubydo

Mercenary wings LRG upcoming release worth it? I never played it myself.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Magician

scubydo wrote:

Mercenary wings LRG upcoming release worth it? I never played it myself.

It's an average series of strategy rpg games. There are better options in the genre on Switch. The Banner Saga, the Disgaea series, Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, etc. The LRG release is skippable if you aren't a collector.

Switch Physical Collection - 433 games (as of October 22nd, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

JaxonH

I ordered physical for Ghostbusters via Gamestop’s exclusive release they published (at least they’re good for something every now and then). But it wasn’t something I deemed good enough for the digital collection... at least, not yet. We’ll see once it arrives. Knowing Gamestop, that’ll probably be 2 weeks from now.

I hear Ghostbusters is an absolute classic.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

DarthNocturnal

Ghostbusters is “Gears of Luigi's Mansion“.

Between actually feeling like you are a Ghostbuster and getting the original four voiced by their actors... yeah, it's a solid game. Replayability isn't too great (there are some collectables in each level) though.

Never played the multiplayer, but I don't believe this remaster has it? So, that's a non-issue.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NintendoByNature

I picked up it physical from gamestop too. Played a good 40-45 minutes just now. It takes some getting used to. But having all the original characters there is pretty sweet. Reminds me of a realistic( if ghostbusting was real) luigis mansion game like @DarthNocturnal said. 3rd person shooter but zapping ghosts instead. I hear it's only about 6-8 hours but im cool with that. I have a ton to play and it was a budget release anyway.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

So has anyone else experiences this:

I ordered one of the cheap generic pro controllers off ebay. Like 1/3rd the price of the official Nintendo one.

Yet they seem to have sent me an official Nintendo pro controller. Is there a well-known trend of fake generics where they've printed the Nintendo logo on them (would've thought that'd be illegal)? Or did I just get really lucky somehow and they genuinely sent me an official one?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Dezzy It's probably a Chinese knock-off. Try seeing if the fine details/model number/stuff like that are the same.

Or, hell, just try using it. If it's indistinguishable from a real Nintendo pad, then who cares?

You... are aware there has been a thriving bootlegging industry in the video game market for decades, right? Especially on Ebay. You actually have to be careful when ordering DS games on there, because piracy is so common.

Ralizah

BruceCM

It's probably not official, @Dezzy .... If they get caught selling stuff like that, they'll probably be in trouble, unless it clearly said it was whoever making it or something

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Dezzy

It has the correct model number on the back HAC-013. And the Nintendo logo on the back is actually indented into the plastic. That doesn't seem like something a fake company would have the capability to do. I think it's genuine.
It was from an ebay power seller so I'm guessing they just ran out of the generic version and had an official version spare.
Even the charging cable has the Nintendo logo indented into the plastic. Really does look genuine.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic