Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,801 to 43,820 of 70,082

Matthew010

@BruceCM Yeah, I wanted Link's Awakening and I was considering the Lite, so when I realised I could get both for £40 less than it should be, it didn't take me long to place an order.

Matthew010

DenDen

@JaxonH
Amazing jou prefer this or regular switch?

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

gcunit

@Matthew010 How did you get the extra money off - voucher code or something?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

The Switch Lite will remain tempting for me... but I do think Nintendo will reveal a Pro version at E3 this summer and head into Holiday 2020 with 3 versions of the Switch along with Metroid as their cash cow.

rallydefault

JaxonH

@DenDen
you prefer this or regular switch?

Hm... if I had to choose one or the other I’d probably choose the regular switch just because the ability to switch back and forth with the TV, and tabletop mode and removable controllers, is too awesome to ignore.

But.

For handheld mode, there’s no question I would choose Switch Lite. In fact, I may even choose it over playing on the TV now. It really is that good. So it’s hard to say which I enjoy more. I think the original switch is a more valuable purchase, but I think the light does handheld mode so freaking well- it excels in doing that one thing so much, that anyone who is a handheld gamer at heart is probably going to prefer the Lite.

Idk. I like having both. Now that games are saved to your account and we have cloud saves, you can have two devices and go back-and-forth. And that’s what I’ve been testing out this weekend. Works great.

@Ralizah
It’s fantastic. Way better than I expected. I was waiting for my Pokémon edition also but, the more I started seeing videos of it I thought, man... I really wanna try this thing out now. And I’m really glad I did because it’s such an excellent device.

As soon as I took it out of the box and held it, the number one thought going through my mind is how small it is compared to how small I thought it was going to be. It feels like a Vita. Size wise. And it’s so light... it kind of feels like you’re holding a hollow plastic shell compared to the normal Switch. And the normal switch still feels good to hold, but it actually has a lot of heft to it. Like it’s made out of solid metal. It’s a pretty big difference.

It doesn’t feel like a Switch. It feels like a 3DS/Vita successor that just happens to have a killer library waiting for it day one. And I mean that. It feels like a handheld successor. Back in the day I remember we all used to wonder why Nintendo couldn’t just make a power handheld like Vita. Well... this is it. HD, full button set, snappy OS (my auto spell just said snap yo ass... this iPad’s autospell is broken lol, it’s done far worse than that before too).

It feels good enough to play that... I’m now torn on whether I want to play on the TV on my normal switch or on the Lite. It’s easy enough to go back-and-forth that I’ll probably end up doing both. But yeah I think you’re gonna love it. It’s way smaller, way lighter, way more comfortable and just all around more enjoyable to play than I ever expected. It feels so good to play handheld.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Matthew010

@gcunit If you go through Curry's ebay store, you can enter the code 'POUNDSOFF' to get £10 off.

Matthew010

JaxonH

Oh man... I need these. $200 though.

I’d get them, but Xenoblade joycon on a Dragon Quest switch might not match the best.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DenDen

@JaxonH I Need this so bad

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BruceCM

Those are very nice, @JaxonH .... When did they get announced? Or, at that price, is someone doing custom jobs?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@BruceCM
They’re custom, done by the XL Team which has an Etsy shop. They also have a Smash set that looks slick.

Custom Orders question
They take custom orders. I may have them design me 2 custom Dragon Quest joycon for my new DQXIS Switch. I know it comes with two already but I want the D pad. Not that I’d be using them much since I’m thoroughly sold on using the Switch Lite now for portable mode. But still, I’m sure there will be situations where I want to bring the bigger system and use tabletop mode... maybe.

Edited on by JaxonH

BruceCM

Can you also design your own, @JaxonH .... ? Not like I need joy-cons anymore but in case anyone else might like them

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

Playing Divinity Original Sin 2, and I’m flabbergasted at how AAA and high quality this game is. My goodness, more people need to be playing this game!

It’s got one of the highest Metacritic scores of the generation (94 I believe), putting it above even The Witcher 3 (92 iirc).

It seems like every day I’m talking about a different Switch game that’s an absolute masterpiece. Ni No Kuni is definitely one of those games too, I’d say. Within the first half hour I was utterly absorbed and emotionally wrecked. This game here though... it’s amazing. Even just the backstories on the character selection screen are awesome. Fully voiced introductions where the character tells you their backstory.

So... you guys need to check out Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina (if you’re a gyro lover such as myself), Ori and the Blind Forest, Dragon Quest XI S, Divinity Original Sin 2, Ni No Kuni, and Darksiders 2.

Got all that? 😉

Awezom

That divinity game is only so high cause it only has like 8 critic reviews I'm sure it's a good game tho scores can lower quite a bit the more reviews they have as some reviewers might give it a lower score.

Awezom

JaxonH

@Awezom
That divinity game is only so high cause it only has like 8 critic reviews

Not true.

It’s that high on all consoles. In fact, every version is within +/- 1 point of the original PC release.

Divinity Original Sin II (Switch) 94/100
Divinity Original Sin II (PC) 93/100
Divinity Original Sin II (PS4) 92/100
Divinity Original Sin II (X1) 92/100

The fact Larian Studios managed to trailblaze Cross Save with Steam is really indicative of how much effort they put into their games (and this port). They actually released a funny video about how they got cross saves with Steam for Divinity Original Sin 2

Larian Studios Divinity II STEAM Cross Saves Skit (MUST WATCH!! Killer skit!)

Lol he nabs the Portal gun and starts fighting those tripod Portal enemies lol, this is comedy gold 😂

And for anyone who wishes to get up to speed with the next 7 days of releases, here’s a great video highlighting what’s on deck in the coming week.

Switch Release 7-Day Forecast Preview

Edited on by JaxonH

Awezom

@JaxonH ok you didn't mention that I see now thanks I might have to check it out!

Awezom

link3710

@JaxonH Don't post joycons like that... the temptation. I swear, I want to get a nice set of Joy-con, or maybe some really nice looking Pro Controller. The biggest question is what to get... I'm still sad that apparently the Pro Controller Project ended up on Indiegogo after the Kickstarter got taken down and I missed it.

link3710

Eel

For people with both the switch and the switch lite, how viable is it to use the USB ports on the dock to charge the Lite?

I already have a usb-c cable permanently attached to the dock to charge the pokeball plus, so I was wondering if it would be good for charging the Lite as well, without having to add yet another brick to my outlet.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

I'm currently playing 1 on my XBox, @JaxonH .... Is 2 such an improvement? I gather there are actually others in the series, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
I only played a smidge of Divinity 1. It was really good from what little I played, but everyone seems to universally agree the second is better... that they refined and perfected it.

As for others in the series, I heard mention there was like 6 games in the series? I'm just not familiar with the others. Original Sin was the modern breakout. They have a new one they're working on too, and Baldur's Gate 3 as well (which will be a masterpiece for sure, but I dont know if its enough to get people to buy a Stadia, which seems more aimed at the masses of casual Assassins Creed/CoD type gamers than the hardcore cRPG lovers on PC.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic