Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,501 to 43,520 of 69,962

ScottNintendo

DenDen wrote:

@ScottNintendo No switch doesnt need easy cash grab games Sadly we got more then enough of those.

I enjoy abit of cod aslong as it is boots on the ground and have really enjoyed Cod 4, WAW and MW2/Black Ops 1.

The Nintendo Wii has Cod 4,WAW and Black Ops 1 which I all enjoyed they are well made fps games. (Wii U Black Ops is average)

Now don't get me wrong in my opinion some cod games have been especially poor in my opinion or slightly under par in certain areas, example the jet pack ones.

I know the Cod series gets a bad wrap, but generally speaking they have made some amazing games and unfortunately some terrible ones too, but the fps mechanic nearly always is solid.

I really wouldn't call having another fps on the switch a cash grab because some call of duty experiences have been generally worth while, saying that I wouldn't mind other great shooters on the switch and I love DOOM for example.

SN

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH The way I see it in order of most likely to least likely for the remainder of Wii U would be:

• Wii brand (Fit U, Sports Club) - I think the teaser from a few days ago is some kind of Wii Fit/Wii Sports evolution (sequel that means original game is pointless to port)
  • Pikmin 3 - Very likely, easy to get around 2 screens
  • Wonderful 101 - Very likely, easy to get around 2 screens and PlatinumGames has supported the Switch very well
  • Super Mario 3D World - Likely and is even a game style in Mario Maker 2, getting around 2 screens is more tough but I think is doable
  • Wind Waker HD - Originally a GC game, doesn't need 2nd screen though timing depends on BotW 2
  • NES Remix Pack - Could be a nice special offer for NSO members as Nintendo's retro games approach is pretty much NSO exclusive
  • Sonic Lost World - SEGA likes to put Zavok in everything nowadays so maybe?
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - Easy to get around 2 screens but Xenoblade Chronicles is getting a HD remaster so less likely
  • Twilight Princess HD - See Wind Waker HD but I think Wind Waker HD would come first
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Can get around 2 screens by the same means as Mario Maker 2 and Captain Toad
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - We got Yoshi's Crafted World in March, I'd guess if this comes it'll be later on
  • Paper Mario Color Splash - Could possibly get around 2 screens but would be tricky
  • Star Fox Zero + Guard - Heavily uses 2 screens and Starlink did badly so Star Fox may get put on hiatus like F-Zero

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ScottNintendo

@GrumbleVolcano
Now that's a good list, I'd love any console Zelda re-release or updated. Ocarina of Time would be awesome.

Wii Sports now that's for nostalgia. 😁

SN

1UP_MARIO

Other than starfox zero and Kirby and the rainbow paintbrush. If they can make mario Maker 2 work than it’s all possible

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Tangerine

Wind Waker please! I've said this before, I know...

Tangerine

gcunit

Yellowtails wrote:

I'm still surprised that NSMBU got a Switch port before Mario 3D World.

Had to get it out before Mario Maker 2, which then serves as a taster for SM3DW.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DenDen

@ScottNintendo
I respect your opinion, and get what you are saying.
I yust have a bad expirience with cod games

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

StuTwo

I’ve actually become more skeptical about us receiving all of the Wii U games. Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD, for instance, aren’t likely next year or the year after - they’d cannibalise Links Awakening and/or BoTW2 sales, shelf space and attention. So 2022? That’s very late. Not impossibly late of course...

Similarly - Pikmin 3. We’re not going to get it and then get Pikmin 4 a year later. It’s likely one of the other at this point I fear.

3D World should be a lock for Switch. It’s basically built for the console & is criminally underplayed. But if Nintendo has another 3D Mario game (or remake/remaster) lined up for 2020 or 2021 will they really want to compete against their selves?

I’m sure the porting isn’t finished yet but I suspect the stars might not align for some of the big name Wii U games on Switch.

Also note - the ports were largely games with a second or third party financial interest or from franchises unlikely to be revisited over the next 5 years. I don’t think that’s a coincidence (and it’s also why I think W101 is the most likely).

@Grumblevolcano

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Grumblevolcano

@StuTwo Well look at NSMBU Deluxe and Mario Maker 2, those games were separated by 5 months. NSMBU Deluxe had its time in spotlight acting as a game drought reducer and then Mario Maker 2 took over when it launched.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

@StuTwo it's odd really. On one hand I feel we really need Wind Waker / Twilight Princess as the Switch is really lacking a "traditional" 3D Zelda. But you're right in that there's no obvious window for them to release one.

Perhaps BotW 2 is a 2021 release and we'll have some rereleases late 2020. Or maybe they're confident in the weight of BotW 2 so will give us rereleases as a taster a few months prior?

At least 2'8".

HobbitGamer

Can we get Skyward before WW/TP for the third time?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

Skyward Sword HD seems the most likely, apart from the fact that the Wii U ports to Switch seem to have sold well enough that the fact Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD were only relatively recently released could be a moot point.

I'd probably end up eventually getting Wind Waker and TP again, but no way would I pay full price for them.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Buizel

Wind Waker / Twilight Princess seems more likely to me currently simply because it's less effort. I do think we will get Skyward Sword at some point this generation, but not so close to the remaking of Link's Awakening.

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

I used to think Skyward Sword HD was most likely but with the Switch Lite existing I think it's the least likely out of the 3D Zelda games because of the motion controls. Same way I think the next Mario Party will have button controls like 1-7 rather than motion controls like 8 - Super.

Grumblevolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Skyward Sword is in desperate need of a reprint. It severely undersold but cost a pretty penny to make. Nintendo doesn't like losing R&D money. They'll port it, even if they remake it with button controls + some new gimmick to replace the fun of the sword. Plus I doubt BotW 2 will be out for the next few years. They need their annual Zelda income from somewhere.

I'll settle for a remake of Spirit Tracks though.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

Oh I'm going to need that CE for Rune Factory 4. This year has been horrible for saving money for me.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@JaxonH Maybe I'm forgetting something, but didn't W101 already allow you to play those segments in off screen mode? They just used Picture in Picture, with your character on the big screen.

I still hope that it comes over so much. If it gets some additional control options that people like, it could actually take off after the success Astral Chain has seen.

link3710

EvilLucario

Rune Factory 4's gonna go for $40 on its own, $60 if buying the CE.

I'm buying the CE. You guys better support Rune Factory!

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

EvilLucario wrote:

You guys better support Rune Factory!

Nah. Already own it on 3DS and still have yet to play it.

I'm surprised the remaster is launching for the same price that the original release did on 3DS. I wish we could get more pricing like that from Nintendo. Link's Awakening would be a much easier sell at $39.99.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

EvilLucario

@Ralizah

Untitled

On a serious note it would be an easier sell for budget games to be $40. For example, Sushi Striker flopped real hard because it was $50 for an idea so bizarre and niche and unfortunately "cheap-looking".

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic