Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,481 to 43,500 of 69,981

kkslider5552000

Magician wrote:

Unless you're on a tight gaming budget, you shouldn't only play games rated 75 or better on metacritic.

I actually agree with this to a point, but depending on how you define it, I'm confident that there's more people who have beaten Dark Souls without any help than people who have no issues worrying about their gaming budget. I say this as someone who has bought some lesser rated games relatively recently, but its not something I exactly recommend for everyone.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

gcunit

JaxonH wrote:

If someone just wants to play with bots, they should be able to do so, wouldn't you agree? Some people just dont want to play online unless they feel confident in their skills first, which is what bots are for.

I doubt I'd buy another Splatoon game without bots, or some other casual way of learning how best to play with a new load-out. As fun as it is in small doses, because the arena rotation system has you playing the same two arenas over and over I feel an urge to mix up my load-out and try a different style of play, but when I do it's just insufferable and within a couple of bouts I give up and revert to my usual style.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

My biggest problem with Overwatch is that it's online only and no story mode. I got it on sale in late 2016 and eventually I was bored of it and sold it. There were some PvE events against bots like Uprising and Junkenstein's Revenge that were very fun but there stopped being new ones released after 2017 as far as I'm aware.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Qwertyninty

COD4 remaster would be nice Activision

Qwertyninty

DenDen

Sorry no overwatch for me, I need a story mode.
Online only cant keep me.hooked sadly

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

ScottNintendo

Qwertyninty wrote:

COD4 remaster would be nice Activision

I'd love that for the Switch, I wouldn't even mind the original ported to the Switch.

The Switch really needs a Call of Duty, seeming as Wii and Wii U did.

SN

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano wrote:

My biggest problem with Overwatch is that it's online only and no story mode. I got it on sale in late 2016 and eventually I was bored of it and sold it. There were some PvE events against bots like Uprising and Junkenstein's Revenge that were very fun but there stopped being new ones released after 2017 as far as I'm aware.

Not true. They've had at least two new big PvE events in 2018 and 2019 (one was a heist in Cuba...forget the name. It was earlier this year and lead up to the new map and the new healer dude. The other took place at that space launch map). They also run the old events consistently, and some have been expanded/tweaked and run for longer (I think they've added further options and such to Junkenstein and Uprising, etc.).

As a pretty consistent player, I'm also gonna speculate and say the Overwatch devs are well-aware of how much people want more co-op stuff. If the Overwatch 2 rumors are true, that game is going to be almost entirely PvE. But the new PvE events they release, and the tweaks they make to the old ones, show that they're putting a lot of thought into developing the story of the game.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

ScottNintendo

I remember the old days, when team fortress 2 was the original overwatch.

SN

rallydefault

@ScottNintendo
Team Fortress 2 was (and still is) pretty awesome. I prefer Overwatch a bit more, though. Controls and character weight are a tad tighter. Just feels more crisp to me. Overwatch blatantly took plenty of stuff from TF2, though. Mercy is a direct copy of the Medic, for instance.

But TF2 has turned into the same Valve circus that happened to Dota 2. Try to jump back into one of those games after being away for a few years. Holy cow. All sorts of free-to-play monetization and layers of fluff to dig through just to get back to the game, and once you're in-game some of that stuff carries over. It's like trying to play while having confetti constantly blasted into your face.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

ScottNintendo

Yeah vanilla TF2 so much better than current, in my opinion anyway.

SN

DenDen

@ScottNintendo No switch doesnt need easy cash grab games Sadly we got more then enough of those.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Joe-b

@Anti-Matter hey anti matter. You've answered some of my comments before...do you think we'll see Pikim 4 for Switch at some point? I mean talking about "tight lipped." Nintendo has said NOTHING about this game. Maybe December or next E3? (Just want to add, I downloaded the Dragon Quest Demo...Wow. It's really good. Thanks!

Joe-b

Anti-Matter

@Joe-b
I guess Pikmin 4 will be exist on Switch.
Only Shigeru Miyamoto knows the secret.

Anti-Matter

Joe-b

@Anti-Matter Yah, I'm sure they have a release schedule for their own AAA titles. They just really hold it to their chest....Well, I guess we'll have to wait.

Joe-b

Tangerine

Untitled

Why does such a great game have to have such an ugly icon?

Anyone else get bothered by ugly icons in your switch game library?

Tangerine

Anti-Matter

@Tangerine
Ooh... What is that icon ?
Looks like CD cover art on rhythm games. 😉

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

Rebel Cops (set in the This is the Police universe) looks interesting. A September release means I won’t get it at launch though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

With Tokyo Mirage Sessions coming to Switch in January, I feel like Color Splash may be possible. Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Color Splash and Star Fox Zero + Guard were the Wii U ports I was least sure would come to Switch. Though Tokyo Mirage Sessions did have the advantage with SMTV nowhere to be seen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Star Fox Zero and Guard wouldn’t work too well. The games were too reliant on the second screen. As was Color Splash. Those games would need a serious overhaul to be a single screen experience.

Xenoblade X and Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 utilized the gamepad, but in a way that could easily be reworked for a single screen. The map in Xenoblade could be done in a quick menu. Same for the overhead map in Pikmin. And W101 would probably just have to cut the dual screen segments, or pick one of them and drop the other. But those segments are pretty short and sparse.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic