Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,521 to 43,540 of 69,981

Ralizah

https://nintendoeverything.com/snack-world-the-dungeon-crawl-...

I don't hear a lot about it, but Snack World might be one of my most anticipated games of 2020. It's the closest thing we're ever getting to a Fantasy Life follow-up on Switch, most likely.

@EvilLucario Honestly, Sushi Striker is a no-go for me even a lower price. What a bizarre game. And not in an endearing 'Deadly Premonition' sort of way.

Speaking of games that cost too much... Deadly Premonition should have launched at $19.99.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@link3710 Yeah, all of W101 could be played in Off-TV mode. That's how I played it, however I have to admit it didn't really play that well that way. It was more cumbersome than it ought to have been, and drawing shapes didn't go as swimmingly as one could hope.

@EvilLucario I already supported Rune Factory years ago. I loved it, but I don't have a need to play it again. I'll gladly support 5 though if it happens!

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

Oh cool snack world. Sushi Striker is hilarious, although the difficulty spikes a bit. I'm sad that one flopped but I expected it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

RR529

@NEStalgia, Rune Facory 5 is supposed to come out next year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NEStalgia

@RR529 I forgot they confirmed that! That's great news! (Bad news for my wallet. At least you didn't say "this month"

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Sushi Striker failing at $50 for a "mobile looking game" was a given. Shame they couldn't price it appropriately. I loved that game. The difficulty spike was extreme, but manageable unlike many games.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

Looks like 9.0.0 is coming today:

They use "system update" instead of "game update" or "software update".

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@EvilLucario Having never played a Rune Factory before I'm looking forwards to getting it this time! It was always just poor timing for me to get into the series before, strapped for cash as I was back then. Assuming I like it, I'll probably be back for 5 too. Glad you mentioned it, I had no idea it wasn't going to be available through normal retailers until I just double checked.

@Grumblevolcano Don't you mean 8.0.1 (or 2 or 3, whichever they're on?) If it's an emergency patch, they won't go up a full system number.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Could be either an emergency patch or 9.0.0 already fixes it and they were planning on releasing around this time anyway.

On a different note, Bayonetta 1 and 2 are being removed from the Wii U eshop in Japan.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

link3710 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Fair enough. I wonder why the Bayonettas are being removed? That's very bizarre.

Pehaps the Wii U eShop license with Sega ran out and wasn't renewed? Although core gamers love the series, I don't believe Bayonetta 2 has cracked a million sold on Switch yet (vgchartz says 570k worldwide). Which is tragic since it's a personal top-five favorite franchise of mine. A series superior to DMC before DMC5 arrived.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

Hmm, I may go ahead and snag the Switch versions soon. I was waiting for 3 to drop but I may cover my bases.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Toy_Link

So how do you actually invite friends, is it through the supported software or is there something I’m missing in the system UI?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

JaxonH

Only through software that supports sending invites.

Monster Hunter Gen Ultimate Let’s you send invites, but only when they’re playing the Switch (and possibly playing the game also, can’t remember).

Probably will work best for first party titles and the big multiplat multiplayer titles (Overwatch, Rogue Company, Fortnite, Warframe, Dauntless, NBA/2k, etc)

Off Topic
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance has got to be the most EPIC cinematography with puppetry in the history of entertainment. Oh my GOSH this show is excellent! Even disregarding the puppetry, it’s good enough to compete with the best tv/film has to offer. I haven't felt this absorbed into a show since Game of Thrones. The original was a cult classic for sure, but the story was nothing special. The voice actors were nothing special (barring perhaps Chamberlain the Skeksis). What made people love it was the insane imagination and the fact it came from Jim Henson, the creator of Kermit the Frog, and it seemed extremely out of character for someone whose mind was known for such innocent creations. But this new prequel show on Netflix... man. It’s good. It’s really freaking good. Mark Hamill as the Skeksis scientist does a phenomenal job. The voice cast is stacked to the hilt with top talent.

I’m beyond hyped for the game now. Just so sucked into the world, the characters, the lore... it’s fascinating.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WoomyNNYes

@Galarian_Lassie
I was hoping to make game play invites without the Switch app, but I'm starting to think that the friend invite area on switch is only for showing invites you have received from the Switch app. I'd love to be wrong, but that's what my gut says.

@JaxonH
I forgot about the new Dark Crystal on Netflix. Thanks for the reminder

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

link3710

@JaxonH I've only watched the first episode, but I was blown away by just about everything qualitywise. This looks like the best the Henson company has ever put out, between the quality of the puppets, the cinematography, etc. Too bad basically everyone I talk to refuses to watch because it's puppetry blagh.

Now for me to try and figure out how to save my game in Astral Chain finally so I can close it to install this system update. I don't see any way to manually save without getting to the next chapter unfortunately.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Dogorilla

@link3710 Astral Chain does autosave at certain points, usually when you start or finish an objective. If you open the menu, go to the far right page (the one with options, return to title, etc) and scroll down a bit, it will come up with a save log that tells you a list of times the game was recently saved (most recent save is the one at the top of the list).

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic