Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,501 to 42,520 of 50,416

Haruki_NLI

@PCkid No I mean what dataminers have found in the firmware as a "New" Switch, that a recent FCC filing shows is the same as the current original Switch...only using newer components.

What you are referring to is the Switch Lite.

What I am referring to is akin to how Sony took the PS4 and refined it over time even before the slim existed.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tangerine

@DarkRula I appreciate your input Cheers! I'm thinking I'll probably keep it then.

Tangerine

EvilLucario

And Splatoon theme in Tetris 99 unlocked.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

God Eater 3 is great.

It's very much a streamlined, faster paced Monster Hunter, but streamlined only in comparison,- it's still chock full of depth in it's own right. For example, no sharpness meter. But you still have health and stamina, still have skills, 12 weapon types, items to bring with on a hunt, monsters still feed for stamina regeneration when tired, and enter an enraged state when angry. It's very similar but in it's own style and flavor.

And I like that. I've played 600 hrs of MH3U, 400 hrs of MH4U, 400 hrs of MHGen, 400 hrs of MHXX/MHGenUlt, and 150 hrs of World. It's nice to have a change of pace, still enjoy the genre but from a different perspective.

Will be playing DQ Builders 2 also at some point and will report back with thoughts in the near future.

PLAYING
NS: Trails of Cold Steel 3, Catherine Full Body
PC: Trails of Cold Steel 1, Persona 4 Golden

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Paper Mario Origami King, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Ys 9
PC: Vampire: Masquerade- Bloodlines 2, Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@EvilLucario I'm glad they make the themes reasonably easy to get. It only took half an hour or so of gameplay to unlock it yesterday.

I hope we get a Zelda theme eventually. <3

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Yeah the Splatoon theme felt much easier to get than the GB one. Which is good. Although I've been screwing up a ton because I kept harddropping at places I didn't want to because I wasn't paying attention. Rip.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I'm pretty sure Xenoblade 2 will remain my most played Switch game whenever the Switch successor is released. I haven't even played Torna NG+ and it's ~245 hours ahead of 2nd place Splatoon 2 which gets a lot less fun after next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

I guarantee that Animal Crossing: New Horizons will dwarf my playtime on any other Switch game after a year or so. I got 400+ hours from New Leaf.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Grumblevolcano

Damn, thankfully I don't care about Dragon Quest but if I did that would be 6 consecutive weeks of games I wanted if the recent Amazon Mexico listing is accurate:

August 30th - Astral Chain
September 3rd - Spyro Trilogy
September 13th - Daemon X Machina
September 20th - Link's Awakening
September 27th - Dragon Quest XI S
October 4th - Luigi's Mansion 3

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

August 22nd - Oninaki
August 30th - Astral Chain
September 3rd - Spyro Trilogy
September 13th - Daemon X Machina
September 20th - Link's Awakening / Ni No Kuni / Lite Switch
September 27th - Dragon Quest XI S
October 4th - Luigi's Mansion 3 (I’m guessing it’s correct, perfect time before Halloween)
October 11th - Witcher 3 (just watch, or better yet it’ll release Sept 20th 😁 )

Idk if I’m gonna have time for Monster Hunter Iceborne expansion. Normally I’d put everything else on the back burner but, these are games I really want to play. I’m sure I’ll figure something out but, my goodness...

Kinda feels the same way now, though.

Cadence of Hyrule (6/13)
Crash Team Racing (6/21)
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (6/25)
Mario Maker 2 (6/28)
Red Faction Guerilla ReMARstered (7/2)
God Eater 3 (7/12)
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (7/12)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (7/19)
Wolfenstein Youngblood (7/26)
Fire Emblem Three Houses (7/26)

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH I keep forgetting about Spyro. I’m inclined to give it a whirl, since I never had it. I played some on a friend’s, but most of our PS time was spent playing Vigilante(?) and Twisted Metal from what I remember.
This I think I’ll convince a friend to get it and borrow hers. Three of us live in the same neighborhood, we’ve gotta start planning these 3rd party titles better 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano ok just wondering. Wouldn't mind if it gets pushed back a week. Between astral chain and links awakening I'll be busy all September into early October. Might grab Spyro too..

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@HobbitGamer
I’ve always had my doubts about Spyro, but the PS crowd sings its praises as if it’s as good as Mario.

So... I said we’ll see about that. I’m gonna buy the game and give it an honest go and see if it’s as good as they claim.

And ya, if you have people who can split purchases among and share, that’s an easy way to reduce cost, or catch 3x as many games. Smart move.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

GeeEmm

Keep forgetting about Oninaki, it looks fantastic.
God Eater 3 has its hooks in me..it’s all I can think about playing and MUA3 and Fire Emblem are just around the corner. A good problem to have I guess. lol

GeeEmm

Eel

@Ralizah huh, I was very close to buying that, but they don't ship to Mexico.

Too bad.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic