Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,501 to 42,520 of 43,746

GrailUK

@Buizel @Octane The only thing complicated about Nintendo consoles is their messaging. It's hard to talk about imaginary consoles, especially as Nintendo can be clunky one release and genius the next lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

BruceCM

Octane wrote:

@BruceCM You'd think they would've released it alongside Let's Go, the Pokemon games specifically aimed at younger children

Yeah, I'm not convinced about the mini, myself... A 'pro', which is the same overall size but significantly more powerful, with more internal memory & a larger screen by virtue of less bezel would make sense, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Octane

@BruceCM Only if you can get a bigger or more powerful battery as well. The Switch is already almost all battery on the inside.

Octane

BruceCM

Octane wrote:

@BruceCM Only if you can get a bigger or more powerful battery as well. The Switch is already almost all battery on the inside.

It'd have to be more powerful .... Of course, any such revised model would still have to be available with it's dock, for people who hadn't got 1 yet But I don't think they'll want to change external dimensions much, if at all

SW-4357-9287-0699

Azooooz

Obsessed on a thought of a new hardware already?

The current model is doing exceptionally well, I don't see the need for a new one unless they want to cannibalize their sales.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

WebHead

@Azooooz I dont see a problem with a refresh that imprives upon your current product. Plus iwata alluded to this years ago about "NX" being able to adapt and take on different form factors and whatnot.

Plus i think some people are too attached to maintaining the purity of the switch concept. It'll be alright. Nintendo will figure it out.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Therad

Octane wrote:

@Buizel The main problem I have is that a Switch Mini needs to be the same size if you want it to work with the existing docks. I mean, they could release a new dock for every Switch model, but that gets complicated really fast. Fused Joy-Con seem a given, but a Switch Mini targeted at kids that doesn't support Labo or Pokemon Let's GO because of the fused Joy-Con sounds counter-productive as well...

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they released a pure handheld that isn't compatible with switch games just because of this. It sounds so Nintendo to just prod along with two lines of consoles. And in that case, two models would also be on the table, a refresh + "new handheld line".

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Grumblevolcano

There's been enough fake rumours that if you're to pay to attention at all to them you should take everything with lots of salt. Like Metroid Prime Trilogy reminds me of the Mother 3 Wii U situation, everyone seems so confident it's coming and then it ends up not coming.

As for Switch revisions, I think if Mini exists its reveal is like the 2DS and releases in November alongside Pokemon.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

If a 'Switch Mini' comes, I'd take a punt in guessing they'll drop the dock and joy-cons (but keep the HDMI-Out port and connectivity with sold-separately joy-cons), keep the same OS for full software compatibility and just be clear that Labo requires original Switch. The mini could drop the Switch branding due to the lack of the dock. Or sell a mini dock separately.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Morpheel

Yeah it doesn't need to be completely incompatible with joycons and docks, even if it has built in controls.

A smaller less constraining dock could work as well, and be compatible with regular switches.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

If there is a switch mini, it'll probably just plug into TV with cable as that'd be primarily a handheld you can put on, as opposed to bigger 1 being a console you can use handheld, I suppose....

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

It's official. I have the case of a left joy con drift. Its gotten pretty bad this last week. I called Nintendo to see what the cost would be and they said $30 plus shipping. Left joy cons I've seen for 35 or 40 so i Might buy a new one in the meantime and attempt my own repair which I'm not too comfortable with. This blows

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

NintendoByNature wrote:

It's official. I have the case of a left joy con drift. Its gotten pretty bad this last week. I called Nintendo to see what the cost would be and they said $30 plus shipping.

Thank you for the pricing. My left one just went out (right one was already gone) So I guess I'll go look for my 3DS. I don't have a case to keep my procon in to bring the switch to work. I may try the 3rd party knockoffs (stick replacements) , but I won't worry too much about it until DQ hits.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

WebHead

I wonder if they could release a Switch "Basic" Controller. Same concept as the pro controller but cheaper casing material, no nfc, no HD rumble and half the battery life but still wireless. For like $40.

WebHead

Ryu_Niiyama

So a Hori controller? You can just buy a 3rd party controller if you want that.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama It’s just better not to ask.

@NintendoByNature That’s poop. Try the cheap fixes first; some canned air or a qtip

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

WebHead

@Ryu_Niiyama call me paranoid but I'm not fond of third party brands.

WebHead

HobbitGamer

I see no reason to create a Switch Kinda Pro Controller. If folks want a more affordable alternative to the Pro Controller, that’s what third party is there for. If they don’t trust the quality of it, that’s what ponying up the money for a first part gets them.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@Ryu_Niiyama no problem any time. So yea $40 to fix it. Or 40 for brand new. So i bought a kit on amazon for 15 for 2 sticks And It comes with the necessary tools. So I'm giving it a shot.. my brother whos a seasoned maintenance mechanic is coming by to help. Between us and a couple brews we should have it working in no time

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic