Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,481 to 42,500 of 69,983

darkfenrir

You can ride the doggo in Astral Chain, what more can you want

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

Crash Team Racing is the only NSO related thing I still play much of and even that could've been avoided by buying it for XB1 where I have many more reasons to own the online subscription (Xbox Live Gold). That said, I essentially got 12 months NSO for free when I bought Mario Maker 2 so it doesn't expire for me until September 2020.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

Since when did "doggo" become a term for a dog? Is it a British thing?

Genuine question BTW. I've heard of "doggie", "pup", etc, but never heard of "doggo" until I started seeing it around here recently.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TuVictus

Yeah, internet decided it was a cute way to reference dogs online so that's a thing now. Same for boop snoots and all other kinds of animal-specific internet slang

TuVictus

link3710

@RR529 I think it hit big a few years ago on Twitter, and spread out from there.

link3710

Magician

NEStalgia wrote:

@BlueBlur101 Persona 5 is going to be announced in an October Direct along with the Switch Pro.

Hmm, a bold statement, I like it. Even though I don't necessarily agree. I feel like a HD Collection of Persona Q is more likely than any of the actual Persona games landing on Switch. And besides...the next entry in the mainline series is already exclusive to the Switch. So who needs Persona on top of that?

(That's just my stance as a pessimist. Honestly, I'd appreciate a port of any and all Persona games for Switch.)

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Eel

PikPi wrote:

Yeah, internet decided it was a cute way to reference dogs online so that's a thing now. Same for boop snoots and all other kinds of animal-specific internet slang

Like danger noodle for snakes

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

RedderRugfish wrote:

NEStalgia wrote:

@BlueBlur101 Persona 5 is going to be announced in an October Direct along with the Switch Pro.

And Metroid Prime Trilogy. And Pikmin 4.

You might want to go a little bit more out there with your sarcasm. It's actually still plausible (if highly unlikely) that we'd get all three of those in this September's direct. I could see Pikmin 4 for May/June next year, Prime Trilogy in February, and Persona 5 whenever.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Pikmin 3 is for sure coming, as it was leaked alongside everything else which all came to pass. No question about that one.

And frankly, same for Metroid Prime Trilogy. All the credible leakers know it's coming, it just apparently got pushed back (likely due to Prime 4 delay and a packed year due to delays).

Whether they'll come in a Sept Direct? Who knows. Alls I know is they're coming. I can patiently wait for their reveal, which could be next year for all we know. Maybe even the year after for MPT, if they do a short lead time before release and time it closer to MP4.

And I'm not as sure about Persona 5 now, but I still think it's a good possibility. When Reggie was asked, he said "when we put these characters in Smash, developers see the opportunity". Which made it sound like nothing was yet confirmed, but he felt devs would likely see the opportunity to capitalize. So I'm still expecting it, but later, after they convince everyone to buy the expanded version again on the same system, of course. Because 75% of those sales would just go to Switch if it came before. But by coming later, they'll turn single dips into double dips, and double dips into triple dips, and keep the game in headlines even longer.

But while I'd be thrilled to see that game come over, the one I really want is a new Monster Hunter. I'd take a port of World, but... I'd rather see a new, exclusive entry built for Switch ground up. Zell dropped a sly hint that MH is on the way to Switch, to be revealed after winter, so we'll see. But really, we know its coming. They already brought Gen Ultimate due to fan demand, and Switch Lite is gonna rock Japan like 3DS. If MHGenUlt can break a million in the west, a new entry will do 2-3 million in the west, and 3 million in Japan. Easy 5-6 million on a single platform. Capcom knows it, and Nintendo will be pressuring them for MH support, as they'll want LiteSwitch to catch fire in Japan and dominate the handheld market like 3DS, something so far Switch has yet to accomplish over there. I mean, it's doing well, but software sales aren't quite matching handheld grade expectations. Fire Emblem sold 2x Fates in the west, yet only 1/2 as much in Japan. For example. The 3DS fanbase has yet to jump on board over there. They need MH and Animal Crossing asap.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Joker appears in both Persona Q2 AND that Persona musou game, so those are likely the titles that he's meant to help boost awareness of.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Perhaps, but my post was referring to the opportunity devs see to capitalize, which is actually what Reggie said when asked about P5 coming to the system (basically saying no, not yet, but he thinks theyll jump on board due to the opportunity it creates). So regardless of the intended reason, it creates the opportunity to capitalize. And I'm pretty sure after all the demand shown all over the internet, that opportunity has never been more clear. It's no guarantee, but nothing ever is.

@RedderRugfish
Which is why I have no expectations as to when. The fact practically every reliable leaker was so confident it was coming tells me they know its finished. Clearly something changed, which was most likely the MP4 delay. Either way, I'm not banking on when, I'm only banking on the fact its coming.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH I mean, here's the thing about that. Chances are, a Persona 5 release on Switch could stand to make a higher profit than the initial release (since a port is far cheaper than the initial release) and the sales could honestly get close to the initial release (I'd wager a port could sell about 1.5 million, considering all the hype around it and Joker being in Smash).

But quite frankly, I doubt it'll ever happen. I'm still of the belief that Sony has an exclusivity deal with Sega, and we won't see a main series Persona game on another system until it expires. Which, admittedly, my problem is more the fact that they won't confirm whether or not there's an exclusivity deal than the deal itself. Deals like that are fine, just be open about it.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
They could. Sony is the king of exclusivity deals.

But ya. Maybe there is, maybe there isn’t. Who knows. I actually suspect a deal is not in place, and they’re just loyalist devs. People treat devs like these perfect impartial, emotionless, capitalistic figureheads, but they’re often just like any other fans. Like the YS dev, or the Yakuza dev (Persona devs). They’ve been developing on PS for so long, that’s where their loyalties lie and I don’t think they want to see their games on Nintendo. Sometimes the publisher or the higher ups mandate a port regardless of what they want, but there’s no denying that what the creator desires, that plays a major role in platform selection. And there are just a lot of developers who are loyal to Sony and will only develop on Nintendo if they’re forced to. And as long as they’re making money, publishers and higher ups often won’t rock the boat or twist their arm. Sega recently had a reckoning and vowed to make everything multiplatform moving forward (seems they finally understand how voluntarily developing exclusives isn’t great for business). That doesn’t mean Switch will be included for all of them. After all there are very real limitations to developing on a portable ARM device. But I suspect they’ll bring over what they can. They’ve been polling interest in Persona for Switch in their surveys. I think if they see enough demand there, they’ll make it happen. They are just so slow and reluctant to be persuaded that it might be the end of the generation before we actually see it happen. Which... is fine. I’m in no rush. I’m drowning in GotY quality games left and right.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic