Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 33,221 to 33,240 of 70,027

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Yes, I am very pleased.

That said, practically everything else in the eShop those games are going up against is indies/retro, aside from a few select titles (Okami, Mario Tennis and Odyssey, Zelda). Valkyria Chronicles 4 is still 3 spots below... wait for it... Ultimate Chicken Horse. Yeah.

Nonetheless, that's a clutch comeback. Still haven't seen South Park though. And those poor, poor Banner Saga games. Trilogy peaked at #632 on Amazon during its release... Ouch.

I have no doubt Mega Man 11 will do well though. That's a game that actually has done well in the charts as a preorder, and continues to outperform other versions. Switch was definitely prime real estate for that one.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

Yosheel wrote:

Sears seems fine and alive here in Mexico.

It wasnt till this statement that I figured out who you are. People, stop changing your names lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

link3710

@EvilLucario ZX/Advent are definitely easier than Zero (not that that's saying too much but) though technically they are the far future sequels to the Zero games the same way Zero is to X and X is to the original. They're metroidvanias, which led to very different gameplay from their predecessors. Advent is significantly better IMO, but I still recommend both. Oh, and ZX plays a lot more like Zero than any other game from the little I've played of the Zeros, though you do have the option of using a buster as well as the sword.

link3710

Toy_Link

JaxonH wrote:

@IceClimbers
Yes, I am very pleased.

That said, practically everything else in the eShop those games are going up against is indies/retro, aside from a few select titles (Okami, Mario Tennis and Odyssey, Zelda). Valkyria Chronicles 4 is still 3 spots below... wait for it... Ultimate Chicken Horse. Yeah.

Nonetheless, that's a clutch comeback. Still haven't seen South Park though. And those poor, poor Banner Saga games. Trilogy peaked at #632 on Amazon during its release... Ouch.

I have no doubt Mega Man 11 will do well though. That's a game that actually has done well in the charts as a preorder, and continues to outperform other versions. Switch was definitely prime real estate for that one.

South Park is at #31 last I checked, so that should be on the charts soon. Mega Man 11 seems to be a crowd pleasure. Capcom seems to be the most successful third party, even if they haven’t had a lot to bring that’s new until now,

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

EvilLucario

@link3710 They're Metroidvanias? Holy crap, that's awesome. Gonna need to hunt down a copy then. If it's like Mega Man Zero but as a Metroidvania, I am 100% down with that.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Mrtoad
Capcom is my Nintendo.

Monster Hunter is my favorite game series of all time. Up til 5 min ago I was playing Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, which I play every day, and may well be my new fave game of all time.
Mega Man is what I grew up with, and was my fave for many of my younger years.
Street Fighter is my fave fighter and one of the only fighters I truly, truly love.
Resident Evil (at least, Revelations line of games) is my fave survival horror (hate that new evil crap though)
Okami, Dragon's Dogma, Devil May Cry... all classics.

I love Capcom games. Pretty much all of them.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Toy_Link

Would love if Capcom did more current gen ports. Even if MvCI wasn’t that good, it still would’ve been a cool port and I imagine they could’ve made it work, Capcom has done great portable conversions of their fighting games before.

link3710

@Mrtoad I can't imagine MvCI would make them money with a portM, considering how absolutely hated it is by just about everyone. Maybe Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter World, Street Fighter V, or... I guess Dead Rising 4? Looking over their list of releases, those are the only 4 titles I see that they've released originally on PS4/XB1 that haven't made it over to Switch.

link3710

Cobalt

@JaxonH

Hope you have a good PC or a PS4/XBOX because CAPCOM greatness of today is everywhere but not on Switch :/

Devil May Cry V
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Monster Hunter World
Resident Evil 7
Street Fighter V
Dragon's Dogma
DeadRising
Deep Down

Sad but true, Capcom on Switch brings only ports of old games or brings "small" titles... :/

Cobalt

Toy_Link

link3710 wrote:

@Mrtoad I can't imagine MvCI would make them money with a portM, considering how absolutely hated it is by just about everyone. Maybe Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter World, Street Fighter V, or... I guess Dead Rising 4? Looking over their list of releases, those are the only 4 titles I see that they've released originally on PS4/XB1 that haven't made it over to Switch.

SFV has the strongest likelihood of coming. I couldn’t see it being that hard to port and still keep it 60fps.

Ryu_Niiyama

I can see dragons dogma or umvc3. I don’t think they want to acknowledge mvci exists anymore. Usfiv is possible sfv never gonna happen unless Nintendo cuts Sony a check.

Also what Octane said about deep down.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

OorWullie

Capcom of old would have made a unique Resident Evil for Switch. Like they did Codename Veronica for the Dreamcast and Revelations for 3DS as well as the several Remasters they done for GameCube.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@Cobalt
I not only have a PC, I have a PS4 Pro, X1X, GPD Win 2, the whole thing.

I hate Street Fighter V though, already played MH World (and am now enjoying MHGU), absolutely despise RE7 as mentioned earlier- the series is dead to me if thats the direction they wanna go, hate Dead Rising and Deep Down is vaporware

RE2 remake will be good, and I own Dragons Dogma on no less than 3 devices. Love it.

But Im spending most of my time with Capcom games on Switch nowadays. Ultra Street Fighter 2 is possibly my fave SF game ever, even got a fight stick for it, MHGU is slowly surpassing even World for my fave MH game ever (a long dissertation I'll get into another time on how amazing this game is), Okami HD with motion and touch on Switch is incredible, as is RE Revelations 1 and 2 which are SO good with motion, man it's gonna suck playing RE2 with a normal controller, in fact I probably won't even bother given how many Switch games release in Jan, including Onimushu Warlards, another Capcom game.

Eel

OorWullie wrote:

Capcom of old would have made a unique Resident Evil for Switch. Like they did Codename Veronica for the Dreamcast and Revelations for 3DS as well as the several Remasters they done for GameCube.

Who says they won't. The switch is still young.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@JaxonH What did happen to banner saga?! it seemed like a big-ish thing and then it just kind of evaporated. I did get it physical, though I have no idea when I'll actually get to it.

@Spoony_Tech Wait, so who is @Yosheel? I recall that new name appearing at one point and thought it was someone new..... it took me months to figure out Knuckles was BLP.....I'm curious now.

@Octane @Cobalt
Deep Down: n. See also: Half-Life 3.
Half-Life 3: n. See also: Deep Down.

NEStalgia

Spoony_Tech

@NEStalgia @Morpheel. It wasn't till I saw he was from Mexico (blew your cover) that I figured it out plus knew he was a mod.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic