Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,501 to 32,520 of 70,025

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I wonder what will come out first, FFVII remake or Pikmin 4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FaeKnight

Neither, it'll be WWF Royal Rumble HD Remaster (an HD remaster of the old SNES game featuring my all time fav wrestler for a video game Doink the Clown and a "Tombstone Stunner" where the Undertaker hits his opponent with an actual tombstone)

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

GrailUK

I reckon we will see Metal Gear and Castlevania on the Switch before Pikmin 4!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FaeKnight

Oooh, original Metal Gear. Still haven't beaten that one. My old copy would glitch out in one specific building and crash. Never could beat Castlevenia either due to it's brutal difficulty. Or Ninja Gaiden. I did complete Castlevenia 2 though.

FaeKnight

EvilLucario

Man, Castlevania I and III on the online service would be fantastic. I love those two games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

FaeKnight

Same with the Ninja Gaiden series. I only ever got to play the first one, and could never get past the 2nd or 3rd stage. But man was it a blast.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Ultima Exodus will be one of the games added? That was a good game. It got brutal, and if you didn't cheat with a game genie it jumped from "Oh man, this is easy but only two party members are actually getting any experience" to "Oh my god, what just happened?!" when the 2nd set of enemy types started appearing. And finding the shrines to raise stats was a HUGE pain without a map. Still, fond memories.

FaeKnight

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Plot Twist: Kanomi and Hideo Kojima make amends and begin working on new triple A games before either Pikmin 4 or Final Fantasy VII Remake come out.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@subpopz
Well, they haven't confirmed it for FFVII or FFIX, but those are both PS1 games. It would be akin to a physical release for Super Mario World or Super Metroid. As good as those games are there basically Virtual Console games being sold for 8 bucks. I think they'll charge $10 or maybe even $15 for FFVII and FFIX though, just because of how popular they are.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Kimyonaakuma

@Yosheel I was trying to buy FFXV after the Direct but it didn't work on the eShop. Somehow I was allowed to buy it on the Nintendo website with the same account and card details (which makes no sense!). I also downloaded Inside tonight because 1. I've been planning to buy it and 2. ...I just needed to test and see if it was possible And I was suprised to see that it worked first time when I downloaded it from the eShop! And then I tried to preorder something else or add funds to my account...and my card was suddenly invalid again. It makes no sense!

@FaeKnight I used to buy eShop cards when I was younger and didn't have a bank account or card, but now they just annoy me. They always seem to cause problems at the checkout for some reason and having my eShop balance at £0.43 is quite annoying, even though it's not a big deal I prefer to have it at £0.00

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

That's what Gold Points are for! I like to save them for when I have no money...which is quite often

I also realized that I can merge my funds from my 3DS and Wii U so I guess that's
-£0.87 off my next purchase.

Kimyonaakuma

JaxonH

PayPal Digital Gifts currently has $50 eShop credit for $45 (10% off). Stack that with 5% back via Nintendo on eShop, and 1.5% back from CC actually purchasing the eShop credit from PayPal, and you're looking at a discount nearly comparable with the GCU 20% discount ($1.50 more than the standard GCU discount per $60 game).

https://www.paypal.com/us/gifts/brands/nintendo-egift-card

I stocked up and bought Diablo 3, Super Mario Party and Final Fantasy XV, then loaded up the balance as close to $200 as I could, with $100 more to add as it drains.

I've found it's cheaper to just buy as much credit as you can afford all at once when you can get a deal on it, rather than only buy a little bit, then a month goes by and you need to buy a game and you're out of money, and you have to buy it at full price.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

bluemage1989

Why has Pikmin 4 taken this long when it was supposedly just about finished?? Even if it needed a major overhaul because of last minute doubts over the quality or to be redesigned for Switch it should still have seen a release by now. Pikmin is not a system seller but I think it would have been the perfect game for 2018 to release between the big hitters of 2017 and late 2018.

bluemage1989

gcunit

I doubt it's wrong. That's the perfect time to release MP4 and kill off the series completely.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FragRed

If Amazon has it listed it HAS to be true!!! A surprise announcement of a game we know nothing about sounds like such a great idea to me. I can see Sega have been teaching Nintendo some of their old tricks...

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Kimyonaakuma

@OorWullie Thanks I will! I'm waiting until it gets dark tonight and then I'll just play through it all at once, that worked well with LIMBO

Kimyonaakuma

OorWullie

I dreamt last night that Metroid Prime 4 date is correct. It will release on the 28th December 2018 and we'll get our first look at it in a special Xmas Nintendo Direct, which will start at 4am GMT on the 25th December. If Super Mario Bros U Deluxe can release 10 days after New Years Day, then I see nothing wrong with releasing Metroid Prime 4 release 3 days after Xmas? Just don't expect Amazon to deliver it to you on release day.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@OorWullie I am expecting to see the first actual gameplay footage of Metroid Prime 4 at this year's Game Awards Show, perhaps with a follow up announcement that the trilogy are getting an HD remake February or March 2019. Kinda like how they revealed Bayonetta last year.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic