Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,521 to 32,540 of 70,145

OorWullie

@FragRed Yep I'd agree with that. I think along with Pokémon it's going to be next year's big holiday title, with Animal Crossing releasing late summer. I actually had Metroid Prime Trilogy down for February in my 2019 prediction list a couple of pages back. I also put Bayonetta 3 to follow not long after.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@OorWullie You think Bayonetta 3 is a 2019 game then? I always thought if Bayonetta was 2019 then Metroid Prime 4 would be the following year, and vice versa. But I do agree that Animal Crossing would make perfect sense as a late summer game, with my prediction being August.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@FragRed Both Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 could be 2020 titles for all we know. When they say ''now in development'', don't get your hopes up. I don't expect them anytime soon.

Octane

TuVictus

I'm more hopeful for Bayonetta 2019 than Metroid Prime 2019 to be honest

TuVictus

FragRed

@Octane That is totally true. Which then gets me wondering what big surprise would Nintendo have to reveal at this years Game Awards?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Octane You forgot Pikmin Royal also coming 2019!!

FragRed

@Octane It's just going to be Miyamoto standing in front of a white background talking at length about how the game is still nearly complete and how we should all be excited for it's eventual release on the NX 2.

Octane

@FragRed It was so complete they decided to take the 3D models away and remove the code line by line, and now they've gone full circle and have to start over.

Octane

FragRed

@Octane I heard about that only because of GameXlain mentioned it in one of their videos. But unfortunately I don't see this making it over to the West.

The reason they had to remove the 3D models and code was because Miyamoto couldn't come up with a unique, and weird, control style for the game which requires it's own separate controller designed entirely by himself.

Octane

@FragRed Yeah I know, but since RE7 was talked about a lot, I was surprised I didn't see an article on AC Odyssey, especially since it's a new game, and it's coming on the same day as the PS4 and Xbox versions.

And yeah, you can joke about it, but that's the reason why we still haven't seen a new F-Zero

In other news, I also found out that the NES controllers are exclusive to Switch Online members: https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/special-offers/

Octane

FaeKnight

Well, buying them is. And making use of them will be due to them probably only working with the NES games. But I doubt they'll be insisting you ship the controllers back if you let your paid membership lapse.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

FragRed

@Octane That was one reason. The other was that Nintendo of Europe had gone to Criterion to produce a game for launch on Wii U but EA refused to allow them to do it, or something like that. It’s almost as sad as how Retro have all but disappeared from existence with only rumblings through rumours of cancelled projects and a potential racing game of sorts.

Octane

@FragRed You know, I completely forgot Retro Studios even existed. Whenever there's a Direct, there's a list of semi-confirmed games you hope to see, like Pikmin 4 (), Animal Crossing, etc. Retro's project didn't even cross my mind last week. What's going on with that studio?

Octane

FragRed

@Octane You’re not alone. I can’t remember the last time I saw anyone bring up Retro as a possible candidate for reveal in a Direct. Maybe in 5 years time they’ll finally reveal they’ve been working on 10 different versions of Pikmin 4

TuVictus

Oh yeahhh I had completely forgotten about retro studios for this direct. Says a lot about their whole situation. Hope whatever it is, is worth the wait

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

I think Nintendo's focus at The Game Awards will be Smash and maybe a Bayonetta 3 trailer featuring gameplay. If we look at last year, we got:

• BotW Champion's Ballad (released soon after the event)
  • Bayonetta 1+2 (released in February)
  • Bayonetta 3 in development

As for what related to Smash, maybe a huge 3rd party character like Banjo?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano I think we will see Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3. Nintendo might lack a presence on stage collecting awards this year so I would imagine they win the trailers lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic