Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 15,210

Henmii

As for Zelda u: When they show it at next years E3 it will probably be awesome. But my excitement will go down quite a bit when we learn it will only be for NX. Because, I then need to immediately buy a new console that is probably overpriced at that time and has certain quirks, not to mention some bugs.

Yeah I know, they said it still arrives on Wii u. But we know how things go. But at the same time Miyamoto's talk about great footage gives me a glimmer of hope we may still see that footage in a few months during a direct. If that happens it will be Wii u footage, since NX will be shown next year. Though it still could mean the game shifts to NX later. We'll just wait and see.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

-Green-

Haru17 wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

After today, I'm starting to think major development is being shipped over to whatever the NX is.

It's either that or literally 90% of Nintendo has just been playing WoW at work... (it's the former.)

Who knows. Maybe it's a bit of both.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

If they're insisting that it's still for Wii U even still then it's in development for Wii U. I do know how things go and Twilight Princess released for both Wii and gamecube perfectly so, don't worry.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

FriedSquid

I was just about to suggest a Twilight Princess-like release, with it still on Wii U but also coming to NX. That would probably please those who don't want to get a new console, and with a few other good launch titles, could convince others to invest in the NX.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Hendesu

Zelda U looks so boring and forgetful now, since triforce heros was confirmed.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Henmii

You are joking, right?!

Henmii

Hendesu

Henmii wrote:

You are joking, right?!

Nope. I don't even care about Link's new look. Nintendo hasn't revealed any new footage to interest me.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

-Green-

Sakurai wrote:

Henmii wrote:

You are joking, right?!

Nope. I don't even care about Link's new look. Nintendo hasn't revealed any new footage to interest me.

I personally loved Link's new look, and I can't help but wonder how Zelda looks. I really enjoyed Zelda's design in Skyward Sword, so I hope they do something like that.

I can't wait for Nintendo to reveal more footage for the game. Who knows, maybe that'll reignite your interest in Link.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

DefHalan

I feel like the two games are so different it would be hard to compare them.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-on-why-zelda-wii-u-misse...

Reggie, that's a a load of PR BS, and you know it.

At E3 2013, you showed a trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles X, a game releasing in late 2015 (and probably intended for late 2014 release)
You also showed Smash Bros U, another late 2014 release.
At E3 2014, you again showed Xenoblade Chronicles X AND you showed Zelda, a game that, at the time, you thought was launching late 2015. You also showed Mario Maker and Devil's Third, two games that, according to you, were late 2015 titles.
THIS year, you showed SMT X FE and Metroid Prime: Federation Force, two games that were given a general "2016" release date, and likely late 2015 titles.

The reason you didn't show Zelda is because the game is in a transition state after the delay. But I see know reason you couldn't show a screenshot or concept art. Just to let us know where the game is going.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

ClockworkMario

Miyamoto's comments on how they've got great footage make me hope there's a trailer coming up sooner rather than later. Coupled with the fact that reactions to the Digital Event were overly negative, Nintendo might want to soothe its fans by throwing us a bone. Maybe in an August-September direct? I'm positive we'll get a proper trailer at least before the Holiday season.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

martinskrtel37

you guys shouldn't be overhyping zelda so much and craving minute details every day, you're only building yourselves up to be disappointed.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Haru17

martinskrtel37 wrote:

you guys shouldn't be overhyping zelda so much and craving minute details every day, you're only building yourselves up to be disappointed.

You shouldn't love your family so much, you'll only get upset when they die.

skywake

FriedSquid wrote:

I was just about to suggest a Twilight Princess-like release, with it still on Wii U but also coming to NX. That would probably please those who don't want to get a new console, and with a few other good launch titles, could convince others to invest in the NX.

That is of course assuming that their next home console has a similar architecture to the Wii U. The reason that they were so quick to move Twilight Princess to the Wii was because the Wii was pretty damn similar to the Gamecube hardware wise. It's likely the same reason why with the Wii they were able to get so many games out so early. Because most of them started on the Gamecube.

Compare that to the Wii U where we know a game like Pikmin started on the Wii but even that couldn't make the launch. Purely because they were moving to a much more powerful system and they wanted to take advantage of it. Imagine if they not only made a console that was quite a bit more powerful but they made one with an entirely new architecture. All of a sudden it's not so easy.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haru17

...It's Nintendo, they can manage a port in a year's time, and it's closer to 2 years time from the delay video to November 2016, assuming the NX launches that year.

skywake

Haru17 wrote:

...It's Nintendo, they can manage a port in a year's time, and it's closer to 2 years time from the delay video to November 2016, assuming the NX launches that year.

So basically what you're saying is that it's "only" going to take them an extra year to move to a new console. And the game will launch in November 2016. Which means you're also saying that it could have launched in November this year on Wii U. Because I reckon that if they could have finished it for the Wii U this year they would have. Regardless of what's happening in 2016/2017.

All I was saying was that the GC -> Wii transition was the exception rather than the rule when it comes to hardware transitions. I'd wager they'd want to go closer to that from now on but I reckon they'll probably need a whole new ecosystem to do that. The Wii U won't be included in that ecosystem nor will the 3DS. Going from Wii U will much more likely be like the transition from 360/PS3 to XBone/PS4. Where they didn't magically get a game like GTA 5 out at launch. It took a whole year.

Edited on by skywake

Haru17

skywake wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

So basically what you're saying is that it's "only" going to take them an extra year to move to a new console. And the game will launch in November 2016. Which means you're also saying that it could have launched in November this year on Wii U. Because I reckon that if they could have finished it for the Wii U this year they would have. Regardless of what's happening in 2016/2017.

The game has been in development for years, if it's not mostly done now then they have bigger problems. Anyway, I hope that they chose to pull it from 2015 for multiple reasons. That would be another Skyward Sword into Wii U launch, which was bad, that was a bad idea and I'd hope they'd have learned from it. If anything 3D Zelda should be a launch game for obvious reasons. Anyway, IT'S NINTENDO, a rich company that owns many development studios, they can port a game that they're currently developing in much less time than a year.

Going from Wii U will much more likely be like the transition from 360/PS3 to XBone/PS4. Where they didn't magically get a game like GTA 5 out at launch. It took a whole year.

That's a great strategy to get out of the hardware market.

Haru17

Pahvi wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

You shouldn't love your family so much, you'll only get upset when they die.

Replace "so" with "too", and I'm in full agreement with this.

Read the post before mine.

skywake

@Haru17
Lets set out a "Zelda development timeline".

For Twilight Princess:
Year 0 - 2002. Still finishing Wind Waker
Year 1 - 2003. Start work the next Zelda
Year 2 - 2004. Have enough done that they can show a trailer. Say they're working on a new home console
Year 3 - 2005. Wii gets shown for the first time and we get a Zelda trailer that shows A LOT more content
Year 4 - 2006. Twilight Princess is now also on the Wii, launches day 1 alongside GC version

For Zelda U:
Year 0 - 2011. Still finishing Skyward Sword, announce new console
Year 1 - 2012. Start work the next Zelda, launch new console
Year 2 - 2013. Still working. Announce and then launch Wind Waker HD which came from "experiments"
Year 3 - 2014. Show a trailer which looks pretty amazing. Say it'll launch in 2015

You're saying that:
Year 4 - 2015. Announce that in 2016 they'll announce a new home console. Zelda is ready but delayed to 2016.
Year 5 - 2016. Spend the year porting Zelda over to NX, release NX with Zelda as that launch title

I'm saying:
Year 4 - 2015. Zelda is delayed to 2016 because they want to release a polished product.
Year 5 - 2016. Launch Zelda on Wii U, announce what the NX actually is
Year 6 - 2017. Launch the NX. Maybe have a Zelda U port as a launch title if it's a home console

Haru17 wrote:

Going from Wii U will much more likely be like the transition from 360/PS3 to XBone/PS4. Where they didn't magically get a game like GTA 5 out at launch. It took a whole year.

That's a great strategy to get out of the hardware market.

So you're saying that Nintendo shouldn't do the same thing that Rockstar did with GTA5? That the GTA5 way is the wrong way to do cross-generational launches? Because last I checked all of the versions of GTA did pretty damn well. Some people even brought that game twice. I reckon not launching a game that's done is the bad strategy here. If Zelda for Wii U could be done to their satisfaction on Wii U by the end of this year? It'd be out this year. They wouldn't delay the game just so that it can launch alongside a new piece of hardware. If it can't be done before new hardware is out? Then sure, they'll do what they did with Twilight Princess. But if they can get it done earlier than that? They'd release it.

Edited on by skywake

Haru17

The PS4 sold in it's launch year with few games out, the Wii U didn't sell in it's launch year with few games out. That's what I'm saying. Zelda is not GTA, Mario is not even GTA.

It would be a mistake to release ZU on Wii U before it comes to NX because then the NX game isn't a new game, then it's just a port. You lose a lot of media attention that way.

I am not saying that ZU development began in 2011 nor that it will take them a year to port it to NX nor that EAD 3 will do the porting.

It's very possible that the Zelda U core team broke off to start before Skyward Sword was released, because god knows that game felt content light for a 3D Zelda. It's also very likely that Nintendo will have expanded EAD 3 to hasten the programming, level building, and asset creation.

All I'm saying that, if they wanted to, next November Nintendo could probably release Zelda U on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U. Failing that, though, they'll probably just release it on Wii U and NX.

Edited on by Haru17

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic