Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 15,210

Haru17

TingLz wrote:

And Nabooru was uh...hitting on his child self

Just as creepy as Saria (an adult in a child's body) / Adult Link (a child in an adult's body).

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

And Nabooru was uh...hitting on his child self

Just as creepy as Saria (an adult in a child's body) / Adult Link (a child in an adult's body).

Hmm I got the impression that their romance was more just childish puppy love when they were both children though. After the time jump, she just says she would always be his friend.

Looking up the actual dialogue:

I always believed you would come. Because I know you... No... You don't have to explain it to me... Because it is destiny that you and I can't live in the same world.

I guess that can be interpreted as Link being in love with Saria, but to be fair, he just woke up and probably hasn't fully calibrated to the future yet. In his eyes, him and Saria are both still children.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

Oh, I assume Link was eying everyone. Saria, Zelda, Malon, Ruto, Impa, Nabooru, and of course, Darunia.

Look at that bod, look at 'dat bod...

Untitled

And yeah, being in a mental stasis for 7 years while your body ages doesn't do wonders for your mental maturity.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

I was like 10 when I first played the game, and I was sure eying Malon, I tellyahwut. I remember being actually upset when there was no romance option.

"Do you want to marry my daughter?"
"Yes"
"LOL no"
""

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

I was like 10 when I first played the game, and I was sure eying Malon, I tellyahwut. I remember being actually upset when there was no romance option.

"Do you want to marry my daughter?"
"Yes"
"LOL no"
""

Yeah, that dialogue, Ruto's, night on the ranch, and the bridge scene are all very leading. It's weird how romantic the set up is.

Untitled

iKhan

Anyone think Zelda U could be coming out in Spring 2016?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

Hard to say now.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

I always assumed Nabooru was just promising Link some sort of treasure/reward for helping her. Like Gerudo citizenship, rupees or something. And being a Gerudo she had no intention of actually giving him anything... Leading to that bit she mentions later.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

Speaking of Nabooru, why did she never take the time to find out how he got to the Temple in the first place?

...or for that matter why does the Spirit Temple have a section that only children can access?

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

MorphMarron wrote:

I always assumed Nabooru was just promising Link some sort of treasure/reward for helping her. Like Gerudo citizenship, rupees or something. And being a Gerudo she had no intention of actually giving him anything... Leading to that bit she mentions later.

Gerudo citizenship would have been quite the gift. After killing/sealing Ganon, that would make Link the only Gerudo male. Literal harem.

Nicolai

iKhan wrote:

No, not really. No other 3D Zelda Title has released in spring, not even Hyrule Warriors.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Hmm I got the impression that their romance was more just childish puppy love when they were both children though. After the time jump, she just says she would always be his friend.

It's Nintendo, that's what all of the romances are!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LzWinky

CaviarMeths wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

Gerudo citizenship would have been quite the gift. After killing/sealing Ganon, that would make Link the only Gerudo male. Literal harem.

Except they all leave the valley to find Hylian men despite there being one male. It's not really a harem

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

I doubt it. There's no reason to not to show at least a trailer at E3 2015 if that were the case.

Cheesehead302

My reaction to it being delayed: Eh, I expected it to be delayed like most people did. My reaction to it not being at E3 2015: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I HAVE NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN LIFE ANY MORE, WE HAVE NO IDEA WHEN NEW INFORMATION WILL BE SHARED NOW, FOR ALL WE KNOW IT COULD BE ANOTHER 7 MONTHS OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!
That was my initial reaction, and I still stand by it. But the fact that it won't be at E3 is just so freaking weird, like what the heck?! And the way he's talking about the "new ideas for exploration" and changing the development or whatever kind of scares me. That could potentially mean that what we've been shown at E3 2014 and the VGAs are just completely irrelevant now, just something that could have been. It's almost like we may as well have not even seen anything up to now. Or maybe I'm just over reacting and it's true what some people are saying about what Aonuma's talking about just being garbage to say they didn't anticipate how big it would be, and they need more time. That would be fine I guess, but is it not still strange that it's not being shown at E3? Is this just an April Fool's joke?

Cheesehead302

hobthebob

Cheesehead302 wrote:

My reaction to it being delayed: Eh, I expected it to be delayed like most people did. My reaction to it not being at E3 2015: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I HAVE NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN LIFE ANY MORE, WE HAVE NO IDEA WHEN NEW INFORMATION WILL BE SHARED NOW, FOR ALL WE KNOW IT COULD BE ANOTHER 7 MONTHS OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!
That was my initial reaction, and I still stand by it. But the fact that it won't be at E3 is just so freaking weird, like what the heck?! And the way he's talking about the "new ideas for exploration" and changing the development or whatever kind of scares me. That could potentially mean that what we've been shown at E3 2014 and the VGAs are just completely irrelevant now, just something that could have been. It's almost like we may as well have not even seen anything up to now. Or maybe I'm just over reacting and it's true what some people are saying about what Aonuma's talking about just being garbage to say they didn't anticipate how big it would be, and they need more time. That would be fine I guess, but is it not still strange that it's not being shown at E3? Is this just an April Fool's joke?

This just in from Aonuma: April Fools! Zelda is being shown at e3, and it is slated for 2015 release.

hobthebob

Nicolai

hobthebob wrote:

Cheesehead302 wrote:

This just in from Aonuma: April Fools! Zelda is being shown at e3, and it is slated for 2015 release.

I'll be watching Nintendolife for that announcement on Wednesday.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

Cheesehead302 wrote:

I'm not sure April Fools' is a thing in Japan. And I took Aonuma's words to mean not that they're scrapping 2-4 years of work, but rather that they're adding more onto that. Possibly due to the feedback that the world looked a bit sparse. Anyway the game will be better 1-2 years from now than it would have been in 2015 so let's just let it be.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic