Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 15,210

Haiassai

Haru17 wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

Whatever the instrument is, it should fit the medium of the world. I think a horn would be really cool. Air flow with analogue stick to alter the partials and touch screen for the valves!

The important thing about the horn is that you get to hit people with it (it never loses its tune) and it makes notes as you swing it around XD

Hahah or you could go Fus-roh-dah on people with it. I mean... if Aonuma was intrigued by Bethesda's Skyrim... why not?

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Eel

Self defense is the best kind of music.

Too bad Link's musical instruments seem too fragile to be effective as weapons.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Haiassai wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

Whatever the instrument is, it should fit the medium of the world. I think a horn would be really cool. Air flow with analogue stick to alter the partials and touch screen for the valves!

The important thing about the horn is that you get to hit people with it (it never loses its tune) and it makes notes as you swing it around XD

Hahah or you could go Fus-roh-dah on people with it. I mean... if Aonuma was intrigued by Bethesda's Skyrim... why not?

Nordic chanting confirmed! Yodeling is an unlock, lol. Too bad all Link will sing is different variants of 'HYYAAAAH!!'

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haiassai

Haru17 wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

Nordic chanting confirmed! Yodeling is an unlock, lol. Too bad all Link will sing is different variants of 'HYYAAAAH!!'

...I have a lot of hopes that there are many elements of Skyrim with a Zelda flair. I think I'm building myself up to disappointment

Haiassai

Haiassai

MorphMarron wrote:

That Wind Waker could hurt someone's eye pretty bad.

Haiassai

Haru17

Haiassai wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

That Wind Waker could hurt someone's eye pretty bad.

Did you forget so soon?

Untitled

Magic is not to be trifled with!

MsJubilee

MorphMarron wrote:

Ha! I can imagine Link fighting Ganondof with the Ocarina and harp,would be awesome and funny.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption 1 & Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Dezzy

MorphMarron wrote:

They should just take a page out of the Final Fantasy 8 guide to making bizarrely impractical weapons and create a clarinet-blade.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

They should just take a page out of the Final Fantasy 8 guide to making bizarrely impractical weapons and create a clarinet-blade.

Bizarrely impractical is kind of Nomura Tetsuya's calling card. Have you seen his Batman? God Almighty...

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Bizarrely impractical is kind of Nomura Tetsuya's calling card. Have you seen his Batman? God Almighty...

Oh yes! And on that very subject, one of Jim Stirling's very best videos. Completely hits the nail on the head:

And how come the 4 main heroes of FF15 are all dressed so similarly? Did they refuse to let Nomura help? He surely would've required some kind of clothing sculpture attached the one of their shoulders via a series of belts?

Edited on by Dezzy

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Oh yes! And on that very subject, one of Jim Stirling's very best videos. Completely hits the nail on the head:

And how come the 4 main heroes of FF15 are all dressed so similarly? Did they refuse to let Nomura help? He surely would've required some kind of clothing sculpture attached the one of their shoulders via a series of belts?

When did we start hating intricate, beautiful designs, again? If anything FF13 was too simple, Lightning had little depth or emotion, making her boring (or so I've heard). It sure as hell wasn't her dresses that made that game mediocre; that's a ridiculously simplistic criticism (like disliking TWW or TP on the basis of their art styles).

And, yeah, I hope the bro-quad change clothes during the game because right now they look like they're from the Matrix in a world with NPCs from modern LA.

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

Whenever I see the characters of that game (FF 15) all I see is one Cloud clone and three backup "dancers".

I guess they wanted them to wear uniforms?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Nomura has like two designs: wildly impractical Visual Kei and impeccably groomed J-pop idol. The FFXV cast seems to fall towards the latter.

And I love that Jim Sterling video.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

And is it just me or do these...

Untitled

Untitled

huh.

CaviarMeths

It's possible that Nomura was influenced by Monster Hunter. It's also possible that he was influenced by this randomly generated image of geometric shapes:

Untitled

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

It's possible that Nomura was influenced by Monster Hunter. It's also possible that he was influenced by this randomly generated image of geometric shapes:

Well now you're just being reductionist. Anyway, I didn't suggest influence, only parallel. The swoop-y black wings, the tortured 5th and 6th limbs clawing upwards, the glowing color highlights. It's a very similar design in the broad strokes.

Eel

It's possible that the Gore Magala was influenced by Batman.

I mean, it looks like him. Cape, pointy ears, dead parents and all.

Add some Joker to the mix and you have the frenzy dust, which is kinda like the Joker's favorite crazy gas.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

It's possible that the Gore Magala was influenced by Batman.

I mean, it looks like him. Cape, pointy ears, dead parents and all.

Add some Joker to the mix and you have the frenzy dust, which is kinda like the Joker's favorite crazy gas.

You're right. With all the Magalas that've been hunted they all almost certainly have dead parents.

Dezzy

MorphMarron wrote:

Whenever I see the characters of that game (FF 15) all I see is one Cloud clone and three backup "dancers".

I guess they wanted them to wear uniforms?

Right, all of the male leads are just superpositions of Cloud and Zidane:
2 Cloud+0 Zidane=Squall
1 Cloud+ 1 Zidane=Tidus
2 Cloud+ 1 Zidane=Zack

Eel

Actually, it seems the lead in 15 is the generic emo member of the group.

Not the cloud, nor the cool glasses guy and certainly not the strong-with-leather dude.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic