Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,301 to 12,320 of 15,210

Eel

It will eventually emerge as the powerful Igneous cucco.

In anywhere between a year and ten thousand years, it will bring total annihilation to Hyrule.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nicolai

@Meowpheel A blast with an ice arrow will turn it into a regular cucco.

...temporarily.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

JHDK

It took 270 hours "or more" but I got 100% on my Sheikah slate!!! Found the last korok seeds last night and I just now found the final location on the map!

Now while the Sheikah slate may say 100% I'm still far from what I consider a true 100%. I still need to tackle 21 side quests, fill in the vast majority of my Hyrule compendium, upgrade all in game (non amiibo) armor to 4 stars, get what I think are 2 more sets of horse bridles and saddles, and get all mini boss medals of honor.

Once I complete all that stuff I will consider myself finished with Breath of the Wild and will probably let it rest for a year or so before I go back and do it all over again.

Switch Friend Code: 5258-4283-7999

Nicolai

@JHDK Oh, that's interesting; I assumed that the Sheikah Slate included side-quests and Hyrule Compendium in it's percentage, but I guess it's just stuff that appears on the map?

At 180 hours, I feel I can safely say that I've just about combed the entire world at this point. I'm still checking towns for sidequests, but at that point, I'll consider the map fully combed.

However... I'm still missing 9 shrines and 560 Korok seeds! They really hid these well! Once I'm finished checking the towns for side-quests, I can't decide if I want to turn on the sensor to track the rest of the stuff, or just keep looking around in places I think I might have missed. I'll probably do the latter.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

JHDK

Nicolaison wrote:

@JHDK Oh, that's interesting; I assumed that the Sheikah Slate included side-quests and Hyrule Compendium in it's percentage, but I guess it's just stuff that appears on the map?

Sheikah slate only covers these & here is the breakdown:

Korok Seeds = 0.08% x 900 = 72%
Dungeon Clear = 0.08% x 4 = 0.32%
Shrine Discovery = 0.08% x 120 = 9.60%
Location Discovery = 0.08% x 226 = 18.08%

Switch Friend Code: 5258-4283-7999

Nicolai

@FriedSquid @JHDK The fact that the Sheikah Slate even pulls a percentage out of somewhere proves that it knows where they all are, and just isn't telling us! That's it, time to hack into the Sheikah Slate!

And by "hack," I mean "prop it up against a ledge and shoot an ancient arrow at it, and inspect the remains." Reveal your secrets, you rock!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Spoony_Tech

Just noticed Metacritic removed a ton of zero scores on user reviews. There was over 9000 reviews and now it's under 8000. Score went from 76% to 83%. Enough people must have said something for them to look at it.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-bre...

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Undead_terror

Oh ya, besides the amiibo annoucements yesterday, no word on anything else on this, I suppose E3 they will show off some of the new DLC.

Also what does the new update do besides stop the infinite arrow farming I never done before?

Still don't like that I gotta wait 2 months for dat young link amiibo, and that it might be a store exclusive, hope they restock on other zelda amiibo as well.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-sells-nearly-a-million-switches-in...

Zelda sells 925k in NA. That's 19k more then systems sold!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Nicolai

100% attach rate, huh? It's flippin' incredible.

You know what? These videos I've been posting here made me realize something: Nintendo hasn't really been taking these videos down, have they? Breath of the Wild really does have a strong presence on Youtube. Maybe they've backed off to experiment what letting the community run free with their content could do for the franchise. Or... am I crazy?

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

kkslider5552000

Nicolaison wrote:

You know what? These videos I've been posting here made me realize something: Nintendo hasn't really been taking these videos down, have they? Breath of the Wild really does have a strong presence on Youtube. Maybe they've backed off to experiment what letting the community run free with their content could do for the franchise. Or... am I crazy?

Nintendo literally never takes down videos, they simply take people's ad revenue in order to do everything they can to make sure people don't WANT to post videos. Big difference. (though in terms of long term success for Nintendo, small difference)

I dunno exactly what's going on with that, but I can assure you that people have had to deal with this stuff for BOTW. It might just be less than usual because Youtube is arbitrary and stupid with what will or will not get claimed. Youtube once claimed me for a video that had an entirely different song than the one I got claimed for. It's the dumbest thing.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Brian-Price

I have a brilliant idea, they should put this in the options menu as a toggle. To be able to toggle from normal sounds to classic, when in classic mode it would make all the sounds the classic Legend of Zelda ones instead, like the master beam classic sound, the shield deflect classic sound, the bomb, coming out of a dungeon up the steps, all the classic sounds, and even add in an ambiet version of the Zelda music that always played on the original too consistantly play, would be awesome to be able to toggle that on and off in options.

Brian-Price

Nicolai

@ReeLongbow YES.

@kkslider5552000 Yeah, I suppose. Either way, the presence of BotW on Youtube is strong, whether Nintendo meant it to or not, and I'm sure it's only helping Zelda's (and the Switch's) post-launch sales.

Now that I think about it, Nintendo definitely didn't do anything intentional. I'm sure everyone is eager to jump on the open-world Zelda bandwagon regardless of whether or not they're afraid of Nintendo's penny-pinching.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Octane

@Nicolaison Yeah, I can confirm, Nintendo takes it all. From regular Let's Plays to podcasts and reviews. They claim the ad revenue of anything that's Nintendo-related.

Octane

Eric258

@Nicolaison Yeah, the presence of BOTW on Youtube is strong. Seen a couple a Youtubers whom never post nintendo related videos post videos of BOTW. This certainly helped with the marketing. I remember there being so many discussions surrounding BOTW wild when it was shown off at E3 2016. So many people were talking about it and it seemed to be the only thing people wanted to talk about. The various reviews, let's plays and discussions definitely helped to bring awareness about this amazing game.

@Octane I really hope that Nintendo seriously reconsider their Youtube policy. They could at least change some of their terms for their program such as when you've signed up with them, all videos (even non-Nintendo related ones) give them some revenue which is pretty ridiculous and I think that Youtubers deserve to get a larger cut of the money earned.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Octane

@Eric258 I don't think you're allowed to post other videos when you're signed up to their Creator's Program, you're not allowed to post non-Nintendo games at least. And even their program doesn't cover all their games. Several are missing from their white list, including games like Pikmin 2.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic