Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 3,415

Eel

@MS7000 I'm fairly certain the calamity was really just the gloom goop taking form. Ganondorf is so full malice, that giving it enough time can cause it accumulate and manifest into Calamity Ganon, or whatever evil is currently tormenting Hyrule.

It perhaps was not strong enough to undo the lock in his physical body, but it still tried to bring destruction in every way it could.

Also, yes, without Zelda there's no more royal family, no more bloodline of the goddess. So, unless someone wanted to get freaky with the dragon, she inevitably had to find a way back.

As for a heir to Sonia and Rauru, I'm certain that's just an off-screen fact. The story would not work without it, so while it would be nice to get to see them, it's just one of those things that must be true. We can just assume Rauru did his best to keep them safe and out of the way during the war... Maybe they were studying abroad in the Labrynna Academy.

(This is their child coming back home)

Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Well, I'm only 6 battery wells away from max battery. And I now have the complete Zonaite armor set. Though, it's only upgraded to 12 defense each because for the life of me Idk where to find Captain Construct II to get their horns.

Did manage to compete my Ocarina of Time armor set, and Windwaker armor set, and Twilight Princess armor set. Just one piece away from the Hero set (no idea what game that's for, the first?), and two pieces away from completing Skyward Sword and Link's Awakening armor sets.

Maybe it's time to move on with the story and do Zora's Domain, then the Goron mountain. Save fully exploring the world for last, before the boss.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Kermit1doesmath

@JaxonH I think (not 100%) but Zelda Maps has an enemy location.

edit: yes you can search or enemies if you are having trouble.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH are you finding all those armor sets by chance, or did you know where to go in the first place?

NintendoByNature

Eel

@NintendoByNature You can get treasure maps, but in general, you'll find them mostly in the smaller abandoned mines, and other such sites of interest. So if you see a mine or suspicious place you haven’t visited yet, go there and find a chest.

@JaxonH I’m fairly sure the hero set is meant to represent the one from the first two games (because the 8-bit amiibo gives it)… plus all the other unrepresented classic/2D Links as well I suppose, since they tend to share that same hairstyle and lack of pants.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

I finally beat the last boss. It was challenging unlike the Calamity Ganon in BotW.

I can confidently say that Tears of the Kingdom is way better than Breath of the Wild

Magician

How games were meant to be played.

Wait, what?

Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Magician I do find the collector mentally so boring because of stuff like that. It seems it is less like the experience of the game, movie, music or whatever itself and more like putting mint condition junk on a shelf to make up for a lack of personality.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Zuljaras

@jump Maybe the better term is Hardcore or Tryhard Collectors? Because the first thing I did when I got my Collector's edition was to open it and look through all of the goodies! Otherwise, as you said there is NO point in owning them just to put them on a shelf ...

Also the metal poster for that edition is super cool!

JaxonH

@jump
While I never understood the whole grading thing, I think it's ignorant to degrade the people who enjoy the hobby in that way as simply "lacking personality". I don't think personality or lack thereof has anything to do with anything. Some people just like to collect (I certainly do), and some people are into the whole grading thing. And while I'm not, I respect anyone who is. If that's what you're into, go for it. Your money, your hobby, your love, you do you. I'm not gonna insult large swaths of people I've never met just because they enjoy something in a manner I don't relate to.

That's bordering way too close to, "people who play games are just manbabies that never grew up". People who can't relate to said hobby insulting those who enjoy it. Where does the line get drawn.

@NintendoByNature
Amiibo gave me most of them, though there were a few I found in chests in various hidden alcoves.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MS7000

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

@MS7000 and leave the Hylians leaderless? Chaos would have ensued within a few years. I have always viewed the Calamity as Ganondorf’s evil intent.

I mean, Hyrule had no royal family for 100 years. Granted the situation wasn't perfect, but I wouldn't say it was chaos, there was still communication between all the races of Hyrule and travellers were still freely on the road with commerce. You could argue that it would have fallen apart eventually in BOTW, but after TOTK, supposedly all the evils have been destroyed, so peace should have reigned comfortably for a time.

Eel wrote:

@MS7000 I'm fairly certain the calamity was really just the gloom goop taking form. Ganondorf is so full malice, that giving it enough time can cause it accumulate and manifest into Calamity Ganon, or whatever evil is currently tormenting Hyrule.

It perhaps was not strong enough to undo the lock in his physical body, but it still tried to bring destruction in every way it could.

Also, yes, without Zelda there's no more royal family, no more bloodline of the goddess. So, unless someone wanted to get freaky with the dragon, she inevitably had to find a way back.

I am not sure I buy the calamity being an offshoot of Ganondorf given that the calamity happened 10000 years prior to BOTW as well 100 years before. If Calamity Ganon was an offshoot, are we seriously saying that in both attempts the calamity wouldn't have been drawn at all to Ganondorf under the castle and find some way of freeing them. Heck, in the latest attempt, they managed to control all the guardians and divine beasts etc, that should be enough. The game seemingly can't decide if they are separate entities, aspects, or the same.

Also, going back to Zelda, would it be such a bad thing if the Goddess Bloodline died out? They seem to be making it less relevant over the last couple of games, so why not go all the way and get rid of it entirely.

On a slightly unrelated topic; why do they keep pointing out Fi's existence but not actually do anything with FI otherwise? The stupid Master Sword makes the same sound as Fi and supposedly communicates

Sorry for the mad ramblings, just story in Zelda always seems to infuriate me.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

jump

@JaxonH They aren't playing games though, they are buying things for the sake of it without experiencing it. Kinda defeats the purpose and spirit of gaming to not game.

Fun fact, Sigmund Freud had a theory that people who collector and horde stems from their time of toilet training and it's really an attempt to gain control once again. Although most of his theories are no longer supported due to changes and advances in the psychoanalysis field.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

JaxonH

@jump
Can't speak for anyone else, but I know I have several sealed collector editions on display, and I still play those games. Usually buying a digital copy in addition. I wouldn't assume everyone who keeps something graded doesn't play the games too. I'm sure some fall into that category, but most people who collect, they collect what they love. So games collectors (typically) collect because they love playing the games, even if that particular copy on a shelf isn't the one inserted.

I'm sure some ppl exist that genuinely don't play or have interest in playing games they collect, but I imagine it's a very small minority.

jump

@JaxonH Yep, and those are the ones I'm talking about, those boring soulless sods buying and collecting things to not experience it but to own it. Like people who buys a vintage vinyl of Street Fighting Man by The Rolling Stones yet doesn't even like the band, grabs that hard to find Spider Man #129 only then doesn't bother to read it etc.

I met someone once who spunked a lot of money on a Zakk Wylde guitar, I then tried talking to them about Black Label Society but they didn't have a clue who they were. On the plus side I did get a go on it and I tried to play the Rastamouse theme with it.

Nicolai wrote:

WoomyNNYes

@JaxonH Regarding finding Captain Construct II horns, I would check the island chains roads that lead to water temple or wind temple. I believe the long road of islands leading to the wind temple air ship has captain construct II's. You can fast travel to the wind or water temple and paraglide out to do their island chain backwards.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

I have well over 100 hours and still have goron and gerudo temple regions to do. I've had such a good time, I'm tempted to stop playing or progressing so I can save those areas to share playing them with my nieces in July.

(I also can't help think TOTK seems possibly too big, too time consuming, maybe too addictive for an uncorrupted kid/teen doing well in school & playing filed hockey- my nieces. (granted, as a bmx rider & former ski addict, I loathed the structure of team sports (though I loved sand court volleyball)).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes Well Kingdom Sad is meant to a marathon rather than a sprint so you're slowly playing for ages to discover everything in the massive game.

I have noticed with my kid brothers and their friends that yeah, maybe late teens shouldn't be inside playing loads and loads of games. After the lockdown years kids missed out on that key time to develop their social skills and street smarts so now that are going out they don't know how to flirt or navigate the city anymore so there's gonna be an entire generation who don't know how to banter now!

I loathed team sports at school, as I was the biggest I was always chucked into things like rugby which was so boring. I much prefer something like weightlifting and making it about pushing yourself and getting rewarded with sweet, sweet endorphin and t-shirt bursting guns.

Nicolai wrote:

Eel

@MS7000 the gloom goop all originates in that same room (evidenced by the fact every calamity we witnessed so far originated in the castle, the source is under it), so there’s no need for any gloomy creature to be drawn back to it, if it could free Ganondorf, they would’ve done so during the first calamity.

Rauru’s hold on Ganondorf is simply meant to be that strong. The only reason he broke free now, is because Rauru let go willingly.

As for a goddess-bloodline-less world… That would be putting themselves in a situation where the series has no “future”. The series is named Legend of Zelda, after all. So they can’t.

Fi technically no longer exists as herself, I think.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic