Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 3,410

Eel

@Ryu_Niiyama use a stealthy armor set or potion, and you can just right up to them.

Though yeah if they’re on the ceiling it’s easier to just kill them. Yunobo can save you a few arrows in the rounder caves.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

I’ve beaten almost the entire main story, just need to beat the final boss now. I’ve scouted out the area and man… I’m at 22 hearts and am nowhere near ready. 72 shrines, did all the geoglyphs after beating the first dungeon, and a good 50 lightroots… and I’ve spent roughly 60 hours playing. No doubt I’ll take more time to do quests and shrines, plus Fairy Fountains.

Kinda disappointed in the Depths to be honest. It’s a perfect mirror and inversion of the surface, a literal dark world. But the level design is dull, apart from the lava chambers. I wish they made a few more sky islands instead…

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Xyphon22

Oh, you have got to be kidding me! Has that jerk Hestu been at Lookout Landing this entire time? I had given up searching and went ahead and did two more temples, then just randomly saw him on the side of the screen while passing by. I feel like such an idiot. But at least I have lot of room for more swords now finally.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

WoomyNNYes

@Xyphon22 Yup. You were using BOTW logic, like I was originally, and I NEVER found him. And I think Hestu says you'll see him on the road or at a town along the way, which is masterful misdirection, because I never suspected hestu would be at Lookout Landing, the central hub. I wanted to tell you so bad. I was just waiting for you to ask.😆

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

TrueFantasia wrote:

@WoomyNNYes When the Master Sword runs out of energy, you just have to wait ten minutes for it to recharge. I think fusing something to the sword will help it last longer.

Yeah, I've been playing with a silver bokoblin horn fused to the master sword the whole time.

Well, it may be important to note that I got the master sword without getting to the deku tree first. I've been playing for 5+ hours with a low energy/damaged master sword. Maybe, the sword hasn't healed because I hadn't gotten to the deku tree yet? I got the master sword days ago, and finally JUST got to, unlocked & spoke to the deku tree before I turned the console off last night. I may have even played for another 30 minutes after unlocking & speaking to the deku tree, and my master sword is still out of commission. I can't believe I can't put the sword in the ground at deku tree to revive it. We'll see what happens today when I play. .........I'm suspicious that I haven't attained or unlocked something that will heal the sword. If anyone has any insight, please share. XD

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Ryu_Niiyama

@WoomyNNYes getting to the deku tree has no impact on the master sword’s stamina. It does impact the light dragon’s flight height though. So either that horn is hecka durable or you glitched/broke something. I have attached a diamond that lasted a while but not a silver bokoblin horn. Will try later. Maybe go fight a talus?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

@WoomyNNYes yep. When it shatters it will start the cool down to recharge it. If it doesn’t break then something is wrong.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

WoomyNNYes

Forgive me, I deleted my original post so I could add truefantasia to the post.(because adding a tag as an edit doesn't notify the user)

@Ryu_Niiyama @TrueFantasia

Ohhhh, I have to break the master sword for it to get revitalized. I see. The game wants you to use the double-damage last hit, aka Critical Hit. I had stopped using it at it's blinking red, low energy state. XD Now that I broke'd it, it shows me the ten minute revitalize time. Yayy!!!🌈🌈

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Eel

Xyphon22 wrote:

Oh, you have got to be kidding me! Has that jerk Hestu been at Lookout Landing this entire time? I had given up searching and went ahead and did two more temples, then just randomly saw him on the side of the screen while passing by. I feel like such an idiot. But at least I have lot of room for more swords now finally.

He kind of told you he would try to find a place with lots of people to stay at

Not a lot of those in central Hyrule.

Speaking of him, I love the way he sometimes stares and stuff and comments on it. He seems particularly thrilled by the shop.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Xyphon22

@WoomyNNYes I know! That's why I was looking for him around the villages and never even thought he would be there. I also don't go there very often so it was just kind of happenstance that I had another reason to go there and saw him.
@Eel See, I don't remember him saying that because it had been so long since I met and saved him the first time. I only remembered him saying he would be along the road on the way to some town.

So now that that mystery is finally solved, I'm stuck on one more thing that I would really like to do and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can't get my darn Purah Pad upgraded. Robbie says to meet him at the lab at Hateno village, but when I go there he is not there. There are just signs on the door saying he is at Lookout Landing. And I'm just like, "I know! I just talked to him there and he told me to come here!" It's frustrating. Again, just venting here. I would like to figure it out on my own rather than being told what to do. I do have two thoughts on what I have to do, one of which would be easy but I have already tried and doesn't seem right, and the other would take forever and also doesn't seem like I would have to do it first, but whatever. Hopefully I can figure this out, too, because I would really like to be able to use the sensor to find things (assuming it does that again like it BotW). And hopefully I won't feel like as big as an idiot as I did when I finally found Hestu.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NintendoByNature

@Xyphon22 I still don't have the sensor so I looked it up. Glad I did too. Because I've been doing the same thing with regards to hopping from hateno to lookout landing trying to figure out what robbie wants. There's a crucial thing you need to do( which I didn't) in order to unlock that actual quest for that.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Upgraded another heart, another two energy wells, found Tarry Town, and am trying to build a good house.

Up to... 16 hearts, max stamina and 36 battery wells. Still finding shrines and caves and puzzles everywhere. Gosh dang this game never ends.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Cotillion

I've played for about 75 hours now. Fantastic game, I'm actually surprised how different it feels from BotW while still using the same map.
It really discourages fast travel, I'm finding. Just wandering, I stumbled upon an NPC who had no quest marker over her head and yet still she marked 3 points on my map that led to different armours. I would never had run into her fast travelling everywhere. I'm saying this as a good thing.
I don't recall any such thing in BotW, where random NPCs without quest markers would actually mark your map like that (my memory might be off, tho).
The sheer amount of side-quests and optional stuff just keeps piling up on me. I don't know how people can claim this game is empty. 75 hours into it and I feel behind because I've stored up so many quests and things to do, not to mention my map markers of things off in the distance. Sure there's empty areas on the map without much going on, but if you're just hanging out there, then yeah I guess it might seem that way. But thats also how the world should be, IMO. There's not always something happening in every inch of the world. Gives room to play around.

I always enjoy finding the weirdness Nintendo puts in these games. Like the new obsession with wells. Or the crew investigating in their underwear. Or the guy that's seemingly obsessed with his shirt that he keeps in a treasure chest.
Plus it always cracks me up to picture the voice actors in a studio doing some of these voice effects that aren't actually speech. Especially someone like Beedle.

Cotillion

praetorian75

I don't know who might find this helpful, but I crafted a "Master Grind List" spreadsheet for armor upgrades in TotK.

Enter your current levels of your armors on the Armor Status tab, and the grind list updates automatically to show what you still need to look for to fully upgrade all armors in the game. Also listed are the effects and set bonuses of the armors.

Specific armor needs are on the second tab of the sheet ("Component List").

NOTE: Because this is the list I'm currently using for my own game, you'll need to reset the "Current Level" for your own game to 0 (for Base Armor) or 1-4 (for upgrades) to match your own game. I did it this way because I can make ongoing upgrades/fixes (one of which I've already found and fixed) and keep the same link.

Get it from DropBox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ve1gqu3wn12bsk/Zelda%20Tears%20of%...

Edited on by praetorian75

praetorian75

JaxonH

@praetorian75
That's incredibly useful. You must have put a ton of research and time into this!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

praetorian75

@JaxonH Thanks! I was an Excel Expert at one point, and generating sheets like these is almost as fun as actually playing the game (I'm weird that way).

NOTE: I've already fixed one error, so you'll want to redownload the file.

praetorian75

WoomyNNYes

It took me over a hundred hours in the game to realize the green Zonai Bows have a charged shot feature. If you hold the shoot button to charge up a shot, it will do a long distance shot.

(While the conctruct bows are green, too, they don't appear to have the feature. Only the bows with "Zonai" in the name.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MS7000

I've feel like I am almost done with TOTK (130+ hours, calculated as 142 hours 15 mins if the app is to be believed but I know a good 10 hours or so would have been me idling.) I have done the final boss, all the temples, 144/152 shrines, fully mapped the depths, found all the great fairies (only done some upgrades), completed the compendium (with money rather than photos), and about 120ish Korok seeds out of however many exist. I might do a comment later, giving more details thoughts, but if I had to do quick summary...

Better than BOTW. Refined gameplay and polish with a lot to do involving the depths and caves. Don't feel the dungeons went far enough as still essentially "find these four/five points" and Shrines for the most part felt weaker, in the sense there were a lot more blessings rather than actual puzzles. The Ultrahand mechanic is an amazing technical feat, but I still feel like it is alien in a Zelda game.

STORY SPOILERS BELOW

More effort put into story, but still want more, not to mention I am confused how it is supposed to fit in with the events of BOTW given the huge absence of Guardians and ancient technology. Also, Calamity Ganon and Ganondorf are separate entities, but both are referred to as the Demon King? At least Impa refers to Calamity as so. Is the calamity the first escape attempt by Ganon or what? Not very clear. Also, I felt it would of been braver if Zelda remained as a Dragon in the end, rather than the BS when she is reverted by the spirits of Rauru and Sonia.

Edited on by MS7000

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

Ryu_Niiyama

@MS7000 and leave the Hylians leaderless? Chaos would have ensued within a few years. I have always viewed the Calamity as Ganondorf’s evil intent. Dude hates/covets the world so much that even mostly dead he haunts it. Basically a super phantom ganon. Same with the gloom/malice/blood moon. He pretty much poisoned the world with his evil. Explains why Ganon looks the way he does in AOC (since the malice didn’t succeed in hijacking the divine beasts so it went with what it knew). I’ll bet if the calamity had succeeded it would have tried to break the seal on ‘dorf. I think the two games fit because Zelda loses the direct ability to shape the world once she decides to repair the master sword. So what became the Sheikah took what Zonai tech/knowledge they could and made the towers/guardians/shrines. Using handed down knowledge and what by the time the Sheikah rose to prominence was myth about what happened previously. Zelda’s focus was aiding her own time knowing that the rest of history would pan out because it was history in her time. The whole thing is a circular paradox. I haven’t beaten the game yet but my only issue is that they don’t confirm a child between Sonia and Raruru but there has to be or the whole history is moot. Especially as both games depend on Zelda inheriting the powers of both. Granted I am not done with the game but knowing the devs they didn’t wanna get that granular.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic