Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 3,410

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
I’m too stupid for ultrahand. Auto build was made for people like me.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Truegamer79

@Professor_Plumber
Me as well. I get stuck in the simplest of shrines because my brain can't process what exactly i'm supposed to do with whatever pieces they provide. Never was the creative type.

Truegamer79

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber do what I do, before you build put down a hard save then if you mess up or give up you can save all your parts.

dysgraphia awareness human

WoomyNNYes

I'm kind of disappointed we can't throttle fan powered hover bikes for landing. All we can do is cut the power, then drop like a rock. You can turn it back on while falling, but it's still basically crashing.

(I've got to go watch that new austin john video of vehicle builds, now.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
You have to make a good build in order to save the build. Currently I just have the normal plane blueprint saved, with a control stick added.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
These builds are to confusing for me. I’m sticking with my horse.

spends twenty minutes trying to get horse to go up slight incline

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel
creates a clean energy source and is the only one alive who knows how to use it

nah, I'll just stick with my horse.

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Now your getting it!

Sisilly_G

@Truegamer79 : I've been very lucky so far (about 61 shrines in). One had me completely stumped, but I since revisited it and it was really easy once I, uh, changed my perspective on things (literally). The bonus chest had me stumped after the fact too, but I eventually found it. I believe I have also found the bonus chest(s) in all of the shrines bar one.

I'm also pretty sure that quite a few of my shrine victories have been flukes and not as the developers intended.

I would, however, describe myself as a creative person, but perhaps not the most handy or resourceful.

I'm trying my darndest not to spoil myself and just go into the game blind. I'm having a blast.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

MS7000

@Eel

Eel wrote:

@MS7000 the gloom goop all originates in that same room (evidenced by the fact every calamity we witnessed so far originated in the castle, the source is under it), so there’s no need for any gloomy creature to be drawn back to it, if it could free Ganondorf, they would’ve done so during the first calamity.

Again, this is assuming that the Calamity and Ganondorf are the same. My issue is it is not clear which is correct as the game seems to try and say both at different moments. The fact that sludge in BOTW is called Malice, and the sludge in TOTK is called Gloom feels like an important distinction as well.

Eel wrote:

Rauru’s hold on Ganondorf is simply meant to be that strong. The only reason he broke free now, is because Rauru let go willingly.

Man, that Rauru is a ****. "Oh look, it's Link, better release this ultimate evil which I could still keep sealed."

Eel wrote:

As for a goddess-bloodline-less world… That would be putting themselves in a situation where the series has no “future”. The series is named Legend of Zelda, after all. So they can’t.

Not really. For the majority of the Zelda games, it has never been the same Link and Zelda, and we have a very long blank period of 10000 years. I am sure they could tell the story of yet another Link and Zelda sometime in that gap. Not to mention, prior to the announcement of TOTK, I always felt that BOTW was going to be the final game in the "timeline" though I am finally at the point where I dispute whether Nintendo actually gives a **** about the story of Zelda, since they seemingly retcon lots of stuff discussed in previous games. Heck, the Triforce has been practically non-existent for the last two games. I am sure the developers would just explain and say "Well, it is the LEGEND of Zelda", and use that to say that these are all different interpretations of the same Legend.

Eel wrote:

Fi technically no longer exists as herself, I think.

Sure, perhaps not as openly as in Skyward Sword, but can Fi not communicate with the Sheikah Slate (RIP) or the Purah Pad in some form? Fi was shown to send messages to other machines/robots in Skyward Sword so... shrug

Edited on by MS7000

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

blindsquirrel

@Professor_Plumber
I’ve heard it’s pretty hard, but I’m kinda glad it’s that way. While I’ve loved the bosses so far, they are really easy. More challenge would be welcome.

blindsquirrel

@Professor_Plumber
Alright, I’m scared now. I’ll probably have most of the heart containers when I do the dungeon though, since I’ll be gone for the next few days. And there is no way I’m doing a dungeon in handheld.

Also I can’t tell if she’s hard, can actually do that, or both.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Eel

@MS7000 I suppose my main reason to assume the calamity originated from this same Ganondorf is because that’s what makes the most sense. My question would be: why would it not?

About link and zelda being different people in every game, of course they are. The main point is that all the Zeldas are related by blood.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

gcunit

It's been a long time since I laughed so hard at my own ineptness...

Just another reminder I should not take a break while half-way through a shrine.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic