Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,121 to 4,140 of 4,508

Henmii

Lol, Sakurai was on a trolling-spree right of the bat. Remember that botw2 is supposed to be very dark? Well the Ultimate trailer immediately started with very dark footage of someone throwing dead Ganondorf of a cliff into a volcano (later revealed to be the Tekken character).

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Joeynator3000

...One slot left...come on Nintendo...I have like, one character left on my wish list that actually has a chance here...I lost hope on Skull Kid, Geno, Monster Hunter/Prowler, a Rune Factory character for some reason...
Please, give me Rayman.
...I guess Dr. Eggman/Robotnik I'd be fine with too, but Rayman is #1, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TheFrenchiestFry

Everyone else is salty as hell but idc Kazuya was hype

I'm not even as big into Tekken as other fighting games but that trailer was amazing

Also Tekken x Street Fighter finally came out lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

kkslider5552000

Considering who makes the game, I'm not too shocked. I haven't played much Tekken since 4 (and even then, only very casually), but that's kinda neat. Though as someone who was hoping for Nightmare or someone from Soul Calibur...I guess I did get a villainous Namco fighting game character. Huh.

I care much less about King of Fighters but I love playing as Terry so I'm pretty cool with this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheFrenchiestFry

@DarthNocturnal I actually really wanted Siegfried as a fighter personally but him or Yoshimitsu need to get in as Mii costumes

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

The thing I love most about Kazuya is that they got the effects and animations from Tekken on point down to the hit stun visuals

This is coming from someone who also doesn't even play as much Tekken as other fighting games

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

So as Tekken is a Bandai Namco franchise, the Mii costumes wave will for certain have Lloyd and finish off the missing 3DS/Wii U Mii costumes.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry Same here, I said this on the live stream but I'm kinda mixed feelings with him, as a fighting game fan and played some tekken 7, I love him, knew it was him the moment the hair came up, But how much well players really use him? will he be easy to pick up? Also man I can't wait to see Ryu Vs Kazuya Its like a dream! (I'm pretty sure they crossed over once but whatever)

Also I wanted Tetris, Eggman or crash, and does that also mean all the leaks are BS bc No body leaked Tekken.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Northwind I get what you saying fully, I kinda feel the same way.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

link3710

@Northwind Tekken has so many good and well-known characters. King, Anna, Paul Phoenix, Yoshimitsu, Marshall Law, Julia Chang, Hwoarang, Ganryu or Eddie Gordo all would have been better picks IMO. Happy for anyone who's happy but... haven't really seen many of those.

Or Soul Calibur. That'd be better lol.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 They might've been better picks on paper but Kazuya flat out made more sense given he's basically the face of the franchise next to Heihachi. The Tekken story is basically all about the Mishima family and they probably purposely avoided Heihachi because of both his Mii fighter costume and his association with PS All Stars, and Jin wouldn't have been as thematically appropriate because he only debuted in 3 and hasn't featured in as many games as Kazuya

TheFrenchiestFry

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry Man I'm glade they did Kazuya over Hehachi, Plus it looks like they will have a skin for him or something, or a stage hazard.

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry Oh believe me I'm well aware. But Kenzuya is my least favorite Tekken character and I'm going to complain about his inclusion whether it's sensible or not gosh darn it.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@Snatcher Heihachi has a cameo in the stage which looks like it's the Mishima Dojo from Tekken 7 but it might be one of those King of Fighters Stadium situations where it's just a cameo

TheFrenchiestFry

mr_somewhere

I have not played Tekken consistently since the days of 5 but this was a nice choice. Kazuya has always been one of my favourites. I really hope he's getting his purple Dracula suit, I will be sorely disappointed if his flamboyant purple suit is not a skin option!

In all honesty he is far from my first choice but still a nice pick all the same. Actually, I really do not enjoy playing as any of the fighting game characters, I just don't like how they feel. I will give him a shot but likely not picking him up.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

teixeiras

Só why a character from the Tekken? They Will creste port from the game to switch

teixeiras

Grumblevolcano

It definitely feels like Nintendo's trying to extend the Smash hype cycle as long as possible, almost as if they feel like Directs aren't really Directs without Smash fighter announcements. I thought Nintendo would've announced both fighters in the Direct but thinking about it more, only announcing one means Nintendo can start yet another Direct with Smash in early September.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Marioman2023

Tekken.
Tekken?
TEKKEN?!?
Out of all the franchises, TEKKEN? They should have picked a fighter from a franchise that, you know, people have been begging for? Maybe Master Chief. Look at my previous predictions and you'll see who I want in.

Bisexual disaster
he/him

TheFrenchiestFry

@Marioman2020 I'm honestly stunned that there are people in the Smash community, especially the Smash community that have literally no idea what Tekken is considering it's probably neck and neck with Street Fighter at this point as one of if not the most mainstream traditional fighting games and definitely the biggest 3D fighting game at this point. Especially given Namco is co-developing this game it was a complete no-brainer they'd get at least one rep from either Tekken or SoulCalibur since they're both their premier fighting game franchises

Master Chief is probably dead in the water at this point since Microsoft already have two reps technically in the game and 343i's community manager actually had to recently come out and say they weren't approached about it either amidst all the rumors

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@mr_somewhere That's probably a given considering they already gave him the business/crime lord suit as an alt in the trailer

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic