Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 4,508

Blooper987

@jump it should be up. I did it last night.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jump

It's coming up now. I'm assuming I left my Switch on aeroplane mode too long and it didn't get the message to release the new spirits or whatever.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

Ok so I have been wanting to talk about this for a wile, but I was speaking with a friend (And some people on the internet) and some people think duck hunt is a duo not a trio, and I want to answer this, for the short answer yes, if you want the long answer, read on.

Duck hunt, If you know the game (And most of us do) its a hunting game were you shoot ducks (As the game says LOL) now you look at duck hunt and everyone is there, Dog Duck, but the name already tells me what I need to know,

Duck hunt, not Dog and duck, not Duck and dog, Its Duck hunt, bc well one, it just sounds better, and two, bc The dog and the duck are not the only part about the game, Like I said you shoot ducks using the gun called a Zapper, And yes in smash he's here to, as the 3rd character to there trio, And you can say "Well you can't see him" I don't really care, bc the game and the trailer, both show that Duck hunt is, the dog, the duck, and Zapper, Zapper even helps the dog and the duck with alot of there moves, side B And L R smash.

Now that I told you why I know duck hunt is a trio, lets move on to, why in the world do people think he is just a duo? Zapper is a big part of the game, its the gameplay so why in the world can't he be apart of the trio? And even tho its kinda forth wall breaking, its really not, from what palutena said, "There is a hidden marksman called Zapper" (Btw I this is me trying to remember what She said, but she said something like that) She says and know's that Zapper's exist, so if he were truly From the outside world, she wouldn't be able to tell, as she is in a video game, so there is some way Zapper works to allow him for fire into the game (My bets is on probably how it worked in Duck hunt).

This post is nothing really, just wanted to post my thoughts and reasons on why duck hunts a trio and not a duo.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jump

@Snatcher well all of Smash is meant to fourth wall breaking. The game is meant to be a kid playing with his toys. Below is the original N64 intro which shows it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Snatcher

@jump I was going to point that out as a theory on how Zapper works.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

fighting_game_player

@Matthew010 Hmm. I believe that you need to first transfer your main account from your Switch to your Switch Lite. Then I think you have to decided which console is going to be your "primary" one and which will be your "secondary" one. I might be wrong but I think that's just about it.

"as I roll along I begin to find.. things aren't always just what they seem.."

Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Snatcher The Duck Hunt character is called Duck Hunt Duo in the PAL version of Smash. No idea why it's different between regions but I think the PAL name makes more sense.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Snatcher

@Dogorilla I knew somebody was going going to bring it up, and I know, But it still doesn't really work, bc its not just the dog and the duck, and Zapper as well, and wile yest they do most of the heavy lifting, none of duck hunts smash attacks or his combo's could work without Zapper.

Dogorilla

@Snatcher I don't disagree but you asked 'why in the world do people think he is just a duo', when in fact it makes sense for people to think that given that it's part of the character's name for a large proportion of players. Also, nobody refers to Mario as a duo because he uses FLUDD, even though FLUDD is an actual speaking character in Sunshine.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Snatcher

@Dogorilla Ya I get were your coming from, I think me saying " Why in the world people think he is a duo" was a bit much, saying as the Pal ver. outright say Duck hunt duo, I think the reason nobody's calls him a duo is one of the two reasons. One, There is no real way to play sunshine anymore so unless you saw it online on played the game there is no real way to know that (I mean there are the smash facts but still).

Two, is that FLUDD plays a really small role in mario's move set and when I say small I don't mean he is useless and that nobody uses him for stuff, In those terms he is a big deal, But move set wise, I wouldn't say he is that big of a deal, he only shows up for one move, wile zapper show up for a total of three moves.

Grumblevolcano

The Age of Calamity and Bravely Default II timed event spirits (originally in January and February respectively) are now available normally via the spirit board and shop.

This leaves these remaining spirits left to be permanently added:

• Sophia and Arthur spirits currently only obtainable via save data of Persona 5 Strikers and Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection respectively
  • MH Rise (3 spirits)
  • Bowser's Fury (3 spirits)

Judging by the current pattern (batches of 2 events released 3 months after the later event), the MH Rise and Bowser's Fury spirits will be available in early July. Sophia and Arthur will probably come when the next fighter is released which is likely June/July.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blooper987

Final smash predictions

Dr. Eggman
The Champions
Crash
Rayman

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jump

@Blooper987 so for the two slots left you've mentioned seven fighters:p

My guesses is on a gen 8 Poke, maybe Rillaboom and a Tekken fighter, maybe Heihachi Mishima as he's one of the few I can actually remember from the game.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Buizel

@Blooper987 Sadly I think we have zero chance at Rayman given that even Ubisoft doesn't seem to acknowledge his existence.

Still hoping for Dr Eggman and/or Crash though. Something BotW would be great too.

As a Pokemon fan I'd be pretty disappointed if we got a Pokemon tbh. We have plenty as there is, and I'm not sure what more Pokemon rep would add to the table.

At least 2'8".

mr_somewhere

Here is my prediction for today:

No matter who it is people will be angry.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

the_weakest_link

@mr_somewhere
HOW DARE YOU SAY I’LL GET ANGRY, NOTHING HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED AND YOU ASSUME I’D ACT THAT WAY, THAT’S IT I’M GOING TO RIOT!!!
😉🤣

the_weakest_link

the_weakest_link

Seriously though, I’m calling F-Zero instead of any Mario Kart news and Black Shadow for the fighters pass.

the_weakest_link

mr_somewhere

@the_weakest_link Even just a HD port of X or GX would be appreciated at this stage. No idea why they haven't touched F-Zero, I sincerely doubt they actually think they need to reinvent the wheel to get the series going again, probably more likely to be lack of internal interest.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

the_weakest_link

@mr_somewhere

It’s been so long that even just doing up Black Shadow for Smash would provide him with massively improved artwork, models, character design etc. F-Zero always used to churn out really cool villains. Shadow, Blood Falcon, Deathborn, the Skull are all right up there for best designs and back stories for Nintendo villains out there, and seeing any one of them revamped for Smash or, God forbid, the story mode of a new F-Zero, would be much appreciated.

the_weakest_link

Marioman2023

Final Prediction for Today's Reveal:
Master Chief
Crash Bandicoot
Some out-of-the-blue reveal like sephiroth. Maybe another sonic fighter.
Who am I kidding, It's going to be another blue-haired FE fighter.

Bisexual disaster
he/him

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic