Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 3,929

Rexenoboy

@crashcontrol
Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, R.OB., Duck Hunt and Piranha Plant.
I always go for the more obscure ones. 😅

Treasure Acquired

Switch Friend Code: SW-2309-0756-6597 | My Nintendo: Rexenoboy | Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

Ok picture this

Trailer starts with Joker and the Phantom Thieves exploring a Palace when they're suddenly ambushed by a horde of Shadows

Cuts to black and you hear the sound effect of Bullet Time

Cuts back to Dante blowing the smoke residue off Ebony and Ivory and starts playing his Nocturne battle theme mixed with Devils Never Cry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Blooper987

@TheFrenchiestFry for some reason while I read this the words courtroom, objection, and take that enter my mind. Weird😂.

In all seriousness I think a capcom character is happening and it’s either Dante or Phoenix

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jump

I’ve just bought the 2nd season pass, I was going to wait to see if it was worth it or not as some of the other DLC fighters were poor.

Min Min is actually a lot to fight as but her set up is bit confusing though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

So a thought crossed my mind, and I think I have a new guess for Fighter Pass 2-6. I think the final character will be the Shin Megami Tensei V protagonist, bookending 1-1 being Joker. Now that we know SMT V is going to launch well before Fighter Pass 2 ends, we know it's entirely possible, and the game is one of the biggest system exclusives on the Switch, in a series with a lot of history, and Sega/Atlus already have a good relationship with the Smash team.

link3710

Eel

The last figther will be waluigi

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

PikaPhantom

I don't expect anything tomorrow, but if events aren't biweekly now, maybe there will be some kind of tie-in event that comes alongside a Direct announcement?

PikaPhantom

Rexenoboy

Guys, I'm losing hope Rex will be part of Fighters Pass 2.
Please tell me there's still hope.

Treasure Acquired

jump

@Rexenoboy nah, They were going to but they decided they needed more Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rexenoboy

@jump
Awesome! 😒

Treasure Acquired

Rexenoboy

Alright, there's a new ad in Japan to get everyone excited about the next Smash DLC. It doesn't say who or when it's going to get revealed but the ad is running until 4th October and apparently these have been good indicators to expect a reveal very soon.

Treasure Acquired

Northwind

Hype train departing imminently! (NGL, I was fairly disappointed with Min MIn. Hoping this next one'll be more my style.)

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8422-8721-1910 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

Rexenoboy

@Northwind
I agree. Min Min was fun at first because she was so different but she became very boring very quickly. It's all punches with her, nothing else and every move quickly began to feel the same.

Treasure Acquired

Bankaj

Always psyched for Smash news! Not expectating much more from the game than finishing the second DLC pack. I tend to follow the logic that it might be a champion from Zelda BOTW, in which case I'm on team Mipha.

In general I'm still rooting for Bandana Dee as a 'realistic' expectation. All that fanwork put into explaining how his character would work has excited me! Unrealistically I would lose my mind if Lloyd would get in as a fighter.

Fact is, SSBU can't dissapoint anymore. Every addition is a pure bonus which is easy to ignore (looking at you Byleth) thanks to what it has given (everyone is here! + Ridley, Banjo, K Rool, Simon, Inkling etc. etc.).

Edited on by Bankaj

Bankaj

jump

Bankaj wrote:

Fact is, SSBU can't dissapoint anymore.

Yeah it can, you are being asked to pay upfront for two DLC passes without the fighters being revealed first despite it being already decided who they are going to be. If these were crowd pleasing choices than fair enough but it's characters who've not had their proper games released on Nintendo before and meh choices like Terry.

Nicolai wrote:

Rexenoboy

@Bankaj
If one of the champions makes it in, I hope it's Mipha as well. She's always been my favorite of the 4.

Treasure Acquired

Bankaj

@jump I understand where you are coming from with the argument raised and it is our consumer-behaviour that allows for such things to occur. It's a business opportunity Nintendo is tapping in to, so I won't blame them for that. The DLC pack remains available after all fighters are revealed, so the choice remains yours to purchase in advance or after.

Whether any of the DLC's are crowd-favorites or personal dissapontments, it still tries to add unique characters to the roster (unlike with SSB4 back in the day - paying for existing characters). As long as the character is unique, it will not dissapoint me at all and I will have a sense of increased value for the money I invested in the DLC. It connects with my previous post as well: this game has already given far more than any of its predecessors and the actual gameplay is of tremendous quality. For me enough reason why it's hard to dissapoint me.

Edited on by Bankaj

Bankaj

Blooper987

Who I want
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Nia
3. Midna
4. Shantae
5. Isaac

Who I think
1. Urbosa
2. Phoenix Wright / Dante
3. Lloyd / KOSMOS
4. Rex / Sylux
5. Ryu / Disgaea character

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

TheFrenchiestFry

Who I want:

• Dante
  • DOOM Slayer
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Tidus
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rayman
  • Crono
  • Kiryu

Who it'll probably be

• some first party character from a game I either don't care about or a game I hated passionately like Xenoblade 2

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic