Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 4,508

kkslider5552000

So I just realized, Cloud was announced for Smash at the end of the year where FFVIIR was announced.

Sephiroth was announced for Smash at the end of the year where FFVIIR was released.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

So when are when is sakurai going to show us more?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Grumblevolcano

December 17th is the Sakurai presentation. Also the remainder of Fighters Pass 1 amiibo are coming March 26th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

BW the presents is on 17th of december. (Yes I know grumb said it above but I did not see it when I wort this)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Blooper987

I honestly love Sephiroth being in smash. One of the best picks so far

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

MPSSislit

Sephiroth was like the LAST fighter that I would have expected being in Smash Ultimate. 🤔🤯
This finally means that One Winged Angel will FINALLY be in Smash, something I've been hoping for ever since Cloud joined in Smash Wii U/3DS. 😆😆
Also, do we know if they are going to do the original version, the FF7R version, or another version, regarding One Winged Angel? 🤔
EDIT: I didn't expect another fighter until (at least), given how long it look them to get Steve working properly in Smash.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Snatcher

@SM3DASislit Same I was also thinking smash hasn't had a bad guy in the fighters pass yet, but then then the one winged angel shows up So he will forever be the first villain to be in the fighters pass.

MPSSislit

@Snatcher
That's a good point. 🤔😆

@Eel
That would be the Ultimate troll move on Sakurai's (and Square Enix's) part. 😬😆

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Doofenshmirtz

I CAN'T BELIEVE SEPHIROTH IN SMASH IS GOING TO BE A THING, IT WAS A DREAM OF MINE FOR CLOUD AND SEPHIROTH TO BE IN SMASH AND IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING AAAAAAAAA

Alright thanks for letting me get that out of my system, back to your regularly scheduled messages

Doofenshmirtz

SKTTR

How many villains from games do you know that got so popular that you can now buy a plushie doll of them?
What I'm trying to say here is, there are hundred thousands of Sephiroth plushies out there in childrens rooms and fan shrines. Sephiroth is a staple in any freaking cosplay party.

I have played through FF7 on PS1, and 2 years ago again on Switch. Don't underestimate FF7 - It has one of the most hardcore fanbases in the world. Much about the game impacted so much in the gaming industry at the time. That title in particular also made the first Final Fantasy movie possible, and FF merchandise.

Even if FF6 and others are better in many aspects, FF7 was the most successful, the most hyped and talked about, and brought the series into the mainstream. A cult gathered around its lore! Many were possessed by the contents of its story, as FF7 did things in an RPG no one else has done before. It singlehandedly opened the floodgates for JRPGs in Europe, a time where Nintendo did not dare to release a game like Super Mario RPG, or EarthBound, or Final Fantasy 6, or Dragon Quest, or Chrono Trigger, in Europe.

And having a final boss like Sephiroth presented with full motion video cutscenes, minute long magic attacks, a brooding song with vocals, and relentless attack patterns that needed a unique strategy was something new and intriguing at the time.

So, if Sora is number 1 on so many wishlists and you can't get him because of Donald, Goofy, and Mickey, then you need to get another big shot from the same company to make everyone shut up which Sakurai just did with Sephiroth.

And yeah, usually one fighter is enough to represent a third party series. But in this case, more songs, another stage, and more spirits are welcome (because Cloud came with almost nothing).
Though, that means goodbye Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana Hero Randy, Terranigma Hero Ark, fan-favourite Geno, Bubble Bobble, Space Invaders, Lara Croft, and phew, Sora.

I personally can't wait to play as Sephiroth. I bought Fighters Pass 1&2 because "everyone is here" and whatever they release, it can only be a brandnew fighter with a brandnew stage, spirits, and music, so that's good enough for me, even if I don't like to play all of them.

Joker - I know that Persona is a spin-off of Megami Tensei which debuted way back on the Famicom/NES. I know the mainline series has 5 Nintendo games, the latest one still being developed exclusively for Switch (which will be my entry point). I know there are at least 2 Nintendo games with Joker, so yeah, the series he's from has a rich Nintendo legacy. I like the stage and character but I'm not good with his fighting style.

Hero - I know that he's from Dragon Quest, another RPG that debuted way back on the Famicom/NES. I played several titles in the series. Again, a very rich Nintendo legacy. The Smash fighter though is too stressful for me with his menu options for a random set of attacks, but the music and stage are great.

Banjo-Kazooie - I still have both N64 games in mint condition, completed them 100%. In a time where Crash Bandicoot was merely a basic, digipad controlled "tunnel runner", Mario and Banjo showed the world what a 3D platformer is. Banjo should have been in Smash 64 or Melee at least and never been sold to Microsoft, nuff said. Except, I also love playing him in Smash.

Terry Bogard - Know him from a friend who's a fighting nut. I learned that SNK is a master of the fighting genre, and even though I'm more of a Samurai Shodown and The Last Blade guy, I know about The King of Fighters legacy and SNK's place in the gaming world. Apart from that SNK released plenty of great ports for the NES, Game Boy, and SNES back then. Long history shared with Nintendo. You see a pattern? Anyway, he's another Smash fighter that is fun and smooth to play.

Byleth - I love Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I have my Ike and I'm happy. And even with Fire Emblem over-saturation, Byleth is actually absolutely my main from the first Fighters Pass. She's got a great moveset. Fire Emblem: Three Houses is on my list of games I wanna get next.

Min Min - Unfortunately not fun to play, at least for me. The stage is unremarkable. I like her as an opponent though. The music is good as well. My least favourite of the bunch though. In my opinion an ARMS character (as well as other first party characters like Byleth, and hypothetically another Pokémon or Rex&Pyra) belong to the starting roster of a new Smash game, and not in DLC.

Steve - I know Minecraft is the global megahit of the last 10 years. I always say Virtual Lego to Minecraft. I know Nintendo put in Mario in the Wii U and Switch versions of Minecraft. They sell a Switch with Minecraft installed. Nintendo in general loves Minecraft. Japan loves Minecraft. Everyone loves Minecraft. Almost. No surprises here. It's just freaking me out that he's so minecrafty and not smashified like all the other characters. He's an extremely technical fighter if you don't spam easy disturbances. Great stage, great to fight against, but he hasn't clicked for me yet.

Sephiroth - I know he's from Final Fantasy, a series that started on the Famicom/NES. I have many and played dozens. Long history with Nintendo again, etc. Iconic villain. One Winged Angel. More FF music.
And best of all: No Sora. Thanks for saving us, Seph!

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Toy_Link

My prediction for the Mii Costumes:
Aerith (Sword)
Barret (Brawler)
Geno (Gunner)
Mario 64 (low poly) costume (Brawler)
Doom Slayer (Gunner)

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR I think a big factor not considered is that with Control and Hitman 3 coming to Switch via cloud versions, FFVII Remake coming to Switch doesn't seem unrealistic anymore. Its PS exclusivity is over in April 2021 so we may hear about Switch and Xbox versions soon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Meh, I'm really not fussed about Sephiroth either way but I would have preferred a new franchise rep.

I'm hoping for the last 3 to feel a lot more exciting.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

crashcontrol

Honestly couldn’t I’ve been a better time for me to announce Sephiroth because I have been recently getting into final fantasy as a series and I’m also hoping to ff7r for Christmas which would be my first game.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

SKTTR

I just remember I recorded the ballad of Sephiroth, One Winged Angel, to tape back then. It was late 1997 until mid 1998. I had a cassette full of video game music and my favourite songs from the N64 and PS1 era on them. I had songs from Tetrisphere recorded, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, SoulBlade/SoulEdge, Bomberman 64, Suikoden, Blast Corps, Mischief Makers, Final Fantasy VII, Killer Instinct Gold, Mace: The Dark Age, Diddy Kong Racing, Castlevania 64, Dark Rift, Multi-Racing Championship, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Lylat Wars, Forsaken, Ocarina of Time, Bomberman Hero, Pilotwings 64, Wave Race 64, extreme-G, and many more...

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, CONTROL is evidence that through streaming any game is possible on Switch in the most important EU and NA markets. But why don't they release Resident Evil 7 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey over here? They've been available in Japan for some time, and they're series that are usually very successful in the West.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

As for my predictions for the Mii Outfits:

• Chocobo Hat
  • 1-2 more FFVII outfits
  • Geno outfit
  • Lloyd outfit
  • Hollow Knight outfit (think Sans and Cuphead style release)

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Toy_Link I REALLY hope they give us some non- FF VII mii costumes finally. Terra, Tidus, Yuna, Squall, Black Mage (a la FF1, or I'd even take Vivi since it's the same design basically), Cid, a Moogle... Please. Or even Chrono or Geno.

It really sucks being someone who only cares about FF games that aren't VII lol (mainly I-IV, VI, IX-X, tactics, Crystal Chronicles).

link3710

TOUGHDUDE94

You know what would be bad or good sora is a mii costume outfit with one song

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Buizel

The Sephiroth reveal has really got me excited about Smash getting (i) more villains, (ii) more characters from the already represented 3rd party franchises. Ultimate has really done the former a favour, giving us fan favourites such as K Rool, Ridley, and now Sephiroth.

A character that I'd love to see that satisfies both of these is Dr Eggman. We've already had the dream come true of Mario and Sonic fighting it out - but what about an all-out brawl between the plumber, the speedster, Bowser and Eggman? He could either pilot one of his hovering mechs (somewhat akin to Bowser Jr), or perhaps the walking mech from Sonic Adventure 2.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic