Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 4,507

SKTTR

@timleon

Yup, Dr. Eggman makes sense for a second Sonic fighter in Smash.

He's Sonic's Bowser. He was, apart from Sonic, the only one that appeared in the first Sonic game and ever since.
He was the first Sonic character to get his own spin-off (Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine)
And even though it might not count as much, Dr. Robotnik was the only other protagonist from the game in the Sonic movie.
Who else from the Sonic universe could it be anyway? Shadow? Tails? Knuckles? I don't see them having a chance against the iconic Dr. Eggman.

Personally, I really like Shadow the most, and even though I don't see him coming, I'd welcome him even as a Sonic echo, but the best part about him would be some Shadow music from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, like Radical Highway, White Jungle, Throw It All Away, and Supporting Me.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Buizel

@SKTTR I could see Knuckles happening, purely from his fighting style. It would also be amazing if he was revealed as being in "Super Smash Bros Ultimate & Knuckles" . Shadow could also work well as an echo fighter, I agree - I'd be okay with this although someone disappointed from the lack of ambition. Both are assist trophies though.

Tails? As cool as he'd be, I just don't see him as a fighter.

At least 2'8".

Blooper987

Sephiroth is ok overall. Challenge was stupid easy tho

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

SKTTR

Sephiroth adds 9 new Final Fantasy songs to Smash which brings the total count of Final Fantasy music in Smash to 11 (Total playtime: 32m41s)

1. 03:46 - Opening - Bombing Mission (New Arrangement)
2. 01:57 - Those Who Fight (Advent Children Version)
3. 04:23 - Those Who Fight Further (Advent Children Version)
4. 02:19 - Aerith's Theme (New Arrangement)
5. 02:43 - Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY VII (New Arrangement)
6. 01:26 - JENOVA
7. 02:17 - Cosmo Canyon (New Arrangement)
8. 04:17 - One-Winged Angel
9. 06:02 - One-Winged Angel (Advent Children Version)

There are 5 new Mii Costumes.

1. Barret (Outfit/Gunner) from FINAL FANTASY VII [NEW]
2. Tifa (Outfit/Brawler) from FINAL FANTASY VII [NEW]
3. Aerith (Outfit/Swordfighter) from FINAL FANTASY VII [NEW]
4. Chocobo (Hat) from FINAL FANTASY [RETURNING]
5. Geno (Gunner) from SUPER MARIO RPG: LEGEND OF THE SEVEN STARS [RETURNING]

For speculating, Mii costume theory has proven successful.
We're still missing the Lloyd Irving and the two Monster Hunter Mii costumes.
So, with 3 fighters left, 2 of them could be BANDAI NAMCO and CAPCOM related.
And the last one, if the first fighters pass is any indication, could be a first party Nintendo character.

Anyway, the SEPHIROTH CHALLENGE update is out now, with a 5 day bonus game trial to unlock him early.
Also, new free BONUS DLC (Gold and Items) for Nintendo Switch Online members.

Edited on by SKTTR

SKTTR

Music in Smash - sorted by series playlist length.

Edit: I'm missing just the Undertale and the Cuphead track.
(I think 80 cents for a Mii Costume is way too much, gimme a cheap bundle.)
So, this should be complete, apart from the 2 music tracks that come with Mii costumes.

34h:23m:36s - 1000 music tracks - Total count (minus the Undertale and Cuphead track)
03h:34m:50s - 104 music tracks - Other music (minus the Undertale and Cuphead track)
03h:22m:43s - 113 music tracks - "Super Smash Bros." series
03h:00m:53s - 091 music tracks - "Mario" series
02h:08m:19s - 052 music tracks - "Fire Emblem" series
01h:48m:26s - 050 music tracks - "FATAL FURY" series
01h:30m:30s - 045 music tracks - "The Legend of Zelda" series
01h:16m:42s - 038 music tracks - "Kirby" series
01h:13m:37s - 034 music tracks - "Castlevania" series
01h:10m:40s - 031 music tracks - "Mega Man" series
01h:08m:23s - 033 music tracks - "Pokémon" series
01h:01m:07s - 028 music tracks - "Donkey Kong" series
00h:52m:54s - 025 music tracks - "Metroid" series
00h:50m:37s - 038 music tracks - "Street Fighter" series
00h:45m:54s - 026 music tracks - "Splatoon" series
00h:45m:39s - 026 music tracks - "F-Zero" series
00h:44m:39s - 021 music tracks - "Animal Crossing" series
00h:42m:33s - 020 music tracks - "Sonic" series
00h:34m:23s - 011 music tracks - "Bayonetta" series
00h:34m:02s - 018 music tracks - "Star Fox" series
00h:32m:41s - 011 music tracks - "FINAL FANTASY VII" series
00h:30m:44s - 011 music tracks - "Persona" series
00h:30m:30s - 011 music tracks - "Xenoblade" series
00h:29m:59s - 015 music tracks - "Mario Kart" series
00h:29m:56s - 014 music tracks - "EarthBound" series
00h:29m:48s - 014 music tracks - "Yoshi" series
00h:29m:29s - 018 music tracks - "ARMS"
00h:27m:53s - 014 music tracks - "Pikmin" series
00h:26m:24s - 011 music tracks - "PAC-MAN" series
00h:26m:19s - 013 music tracks - "Kid Icarus" series
00h:25m:07s - 011 music tracks - "Metal Gear" series
00h:24m:14s - 010 music tracks - "Banjo-Kazooie" series
00h:23m:15s - 011 music tracks - "Wario" series
00h:22m:24s - 010 music tracks - "Wii Fit" series
00h:18m:51s - 007 music tracks - "Minecraft" series
00h:14m:11s - 008 music tracks - "DRAGON QUEST" series
00h:10m:22s - 005 music tracks - "Punch-Out!!" series
00h:04m:15s - 002 music tracks - "Game & Watch" series

Edited on by SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

What's rather surprising is the spirits weren't shown off.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Solaine

@SKTTR Thanks! The best part of this personally is that they finally brought more final fantasy music into the game! I love fighting people with One-Winged Angel in the background

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

PikaPhantom

@SKTTR Keep in mind that the previous two DLC packs each brought a Namco costume with them; Lloyd's absence doesn't really indicate anything

I've been enjoying Sephiroth so far - he has some very fun moves and mechanics. I guess I just like playing every Square Enix character. I haven't played a Final Fantasy game but it still feels amazing for it to finally have a solid amount of Smash content, with 2 characters, 2 stages, 11 songs, and Spirits on the way (screenshots of the board have been revealed and it looks to be the biggest yet). I'm hoping the rest of the pass is just as solid, even if I no longer really have any expectations

PikaPhantom

SKTTR

PikaPhantom wrote:

@SKTTR Keep in mind that the previous two DLC packs each brought a Namco costume with them; Lloyd's absence doesn't really indicate anything

Though Heihachi (Tekken) and Gil (Tower of Druaga) don't deconfirm another Namco or even Tales of-rep. You know, Heihachi was already planned to be in Smash 4 but has been scrapped because Sakurai couldn't make him work and chose PAC-MAN instead. There's still a good chance that a different Tekken character could work, as Heihachi isn't the only big one. There's tons of Tekken characters and Jin is one of the most popular ones.

As for Gil/Gilgamesh, he's just from a 1984 arcade game. From Wikipedia: "In Japan, The Tower of Druaga was widely successful, attracting millions of fans for its use of secrets and hidden items. It is cited as an important game of its genre for laying down the foundation for future games, as well as inspiring the idea of sharing tips with friends and guidebooks. Druaga is noted as being influential for many games to follow, including Ys, Hydlide, Dragon Slayer and The Legend of Zelda." There is a Japanese fanbase, but here and now, he's pretty obscure.

Anyway, Lloyd could come with a new set of Mii costumes. There are many characters in Tales of Symphonia and other Tales of-games. And there's a chance that it's a completely different Bandai Namco character altogether. There's still Dark Souls (which is an extremely popular modern cult game), there's SoulCalibur (which is the best fighting game for a lot of fighting game fans, and the arguably best one in the series was on a Nintendo console and had Link as a guest character), there's Tamagotchi/Digimon (which sold like crazy and was represented in Mario Kart GP Arcade as a playable character in a Nintendo game before), and I'm sure there's more.

Mii costumes of Tails and Knuckles do not strictly deconfirm Dr. Eggman either.

Keep in mind, I'm just speculating because, man, it's so much fun speculating about Smash.
And while I'm not predicting any characters, I believe reps from Bandai Namco, Capcom, and Nintendo are most likely for the last 3 fighters.

Edited on by SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

I think it'll be:

• Monster Hunter (announced in the next general Direct with a release around February/March 2021)
  • Crash Bandicoot (essentially the big Smash reveal for E3 2021 Direct or its replacement event, release June/July 2021)
  • Elma or Rex (late 2021 release with announcement in the normal September Direct slot, if XCX Definitive Edition is coming soon then Elma, otherwise Rex)

E3 2021 will of course not be a physical event but I think there's a chance of a digital only E3 2021 especially given how poorly E3 2020's replacements were received (Summer Game Fest, Summer of Gaming) and Nintendo will probably plan for the outcome that they need a June Direct. Steve was likely going to be the big E3 2020 Smash character if the pandemic didn't happen.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MPSSislit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

What's rather surprising is the spirits weren't shown off.

@Grumblevolcano
IIRC, I believe there was another fighter (or two) that didn't get their spirits shown during their Presentation.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

NintendoByNature

I went to go buy a couple mii costumes last night thru the actual game, and It didn't show the ff7 characters yet. Are they usually just available the day the launch and not for pre-order? Sorry, it's the first time I'm buying any dlc related to smash.

NintendoByNature

Marioman2023

@NintendoByNature Yeah, I think the Mii costumes usually launch alongside the new fighter. In return for my advice, buy geno

Bisexual disaster
he/him

MPSSislit

@NintendoByNature
Untitled
EDIT: Fixed, wasn't working with the other links I had. 👍

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic