Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 4,260

Rexenoboy

@jump
KoF might not be very popular in the UK and US, but it definitely is in other parts of the world, South America especially and large parts of Europe and Asia as well. It's a couple of years beyond its prime, but so is every other fighting game franchise.

Treasure Acquired

jump

@Rexenoboy I never said KOF wasn't popular, just that it's popularity is modest compared to other fighters. The argument for Terry seems to be he's from a fighting game but I think there are choices from more popular and iconic fighters out there.

Whilst fighting games are not as big as they once they are still force, MK11 was the 5th biggest selling game last year for example.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blooper987

Any idea if the new Impa could get into smash?

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jump

@Blooper987 I'd imagine if Impa is one of the pass fighters the HW AOC look would just be one of the skins rather than the only version. Her look has jumped all over the places from game to game (and even in the same game) to stick to just one version.

I'd love to see the fat nurse version be one of them for the lols, the Skyward Sword version is one of my favorites, the bad ass looking one from Ocarina of Time should be there too since that is when people started to take her more seriously and the BOTW/HW AOC one for synergy if it's just four like Dragon Quest's Hero.

They'd probably include Tingle in Smash over Impa just to annoy people. I still don't understand how he got his own spin off series over other Zelda characters.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Northwind

jump wrote:

I'd imagine if Impa is one of the pass fighters the HW AOC look would just be one of the skins rather than the only version. Her look has jumped all over the places from game to game (and even in the same game) to stick to just one version.

This is actually the reason I feel she either won't get in or, if she does, will be limited to one version. In effect, it's the one of the reasons we have three different versions of Link: when a character has visually changed that much over iterations, it's near-impossible to represent them all just with textures on the same model. Like, the only reasons the Owain skin for Chrom, the Tiki skin for Lucina and the Hilda skin for Zelda work at all is because Owain, Tiki and Hilda have roughly the same proportions as Chrom, Lucina and Zelda. OoT Impa does not have the same proportions as BotW or AoC Impa, just as Tink does not have the same proportions as Link. There is no way they could realistically represent the broader range of Impa's incarnations with just a single character model. If they tried, at best it would look terrible. At worst, nobody would get many of the references at all.

(Also, I don't really want a clone of Shiek, thanks. )

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

PikaPhantom

@Toy_Link The three question marks are hinting that the next character will be triple random

PikaPhantom

TheFrenchiestFry

I still believe in Dante

Either him or Phoenix as a new Capcom rep

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

DarthNocturnal

Only 3 minutes and a brief message from Sakurai... maybe he's too busy to do his character moveset breakdowns?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

TheFrenchiestFry

@DarthNocturnal That seems to be the case. It was probably also the fighter who was intended to be announced at E3 which is why it's JUST the trailer for the fighter I guess

TheFrenchiestFry

Toy_Link

@DarthNocturnal
May also be that there'll be another video presentation closer to the fighter's release (as there's been no mention of the next fighter releasing tomorrow.).

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

TheFrenchiestFry

I suspect it's a third party character. They've gotten one first party out of the way and the last two fighters are both from Nintendo franchises

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal I'm guessing release is too far off for the character breakdown (e.g. releases in January/February).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

We've already waited about 3 months since Min Min... waiting another 3 just for a fighter feels off. Sometime later in October would be understandable.

The 7-11 posters are being taken down on the 4th though. Hero and Banjo were released prior to their posters being taken down. Of course, said posters leaked them, so maybe a new one with the newly revealed fighter will be put up sometime after the reveal?

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry I dunno. There's a decent chance they struggled to get 3rd party characters for this set of fighters. Though, outside of a new Pokemon, it's hard to imagine who they'd even bring in. Xenoblade getting a second fighter isn't out of the question, nor are Bandana Dee or Dixie Kong. But eh, it's hard to tell.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 They decided on the lineup well before this pandemic actually happened (November 2019 according to the Byleth presentation). The struggle came from presenting the fighters to third party publishers according to Sakurai, which implies there are definitely third party characters in this lineup.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

That was closer to the beginning of the pandemic. I figured it threw off dev time while they adjusted to new work arrangements.

And while they did announce the character was from ARMS, they didn't actually reveal the fighter in full until she was ready to go. To reveal the fighter and then sit on it for 3 months? I'd rather they just not say anything but the franchise (or nothing at all) until the fighter is ready.

link3710

So wait, are we going to get a new set of Mii Costumes shown off at this or not?

link3710

Blooper987

@link3710 probably not. I’m guessing we’ll get a full sakurai presents in November

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic