Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 4,508

Blooper987

Is there any chance Hatsune Miku could be in smash or did she not originate from a video game

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Blooper987

Vergeben is supposedly hinting at Ryu Hayabusa coming to smash in some way.

Namco

status-204 wrote:

Lara's character is too dry for Smash. You really don't "get" Smash if you think she'd make it in. Let it go people.

Man, I really love all the character development Piranha Plant has gotten over the years. His backstory always makes me cry and his redemption arc is just amazing Such a deep character

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

crashcontrol

Only a few more hours until Steve releases!

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

TheFrenchiestFry

@status-204 lmao mans is calling Lara too dry while giving the JRPG characters that aren't Chrom and Lucina, or most of the Nintendo reps in general a pass

If a character being too dry was a serious factor for them making it in, more than half the roster wouldn't exist. This is about iconography and importance to the gaming industry, not about which characters have a deep emotional arc in their games that some people haven't even played for starters

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

PikaPhantom

@Blooper987 He isn't hinting at it, just saying that he knows Nintendo approached Koei Tecmo for Smash content, and Ryu Hayabusa is definitely the most likely pick from them. Dead or Alive isn't exactly for good boys or girls, and Warriors games seem pretty dependent on crossovers as of late. I'm expecting Hayabusa at some point next year

But they better put the Warriors Orochi 3 remix of Unbreakable Determination in alongside him

PikaPhantom

link3710

@PikaPhantom I'd like that, but chances are almost certain they'll do a brand new remix of Unbreakable Determination for Smash. Which is also a good thing of course.

That said, if we're talking Tecmo Koei, I do think Miku Hinasaki stands a chance at being the rep. Most Orochi / Samurai / Romance characters are based on real people, likely disqualifying them (though, it could be argued that the fictional characters are very different from the real people but...). As such, Ninja Gaiiden, Fatal Frame, or Nioh are most likely, with Atelier and finally Dead or Alive following up in likelihood.

Though if we somehow got an Atelier character, I'd expect it to be Ryza (very popular, has a sequel coming out, newest), with alts a la DQ Hero. Probably Lita or Klein or Iris (from Iris, the first western game), Marie (from the original JP only one), and Rorona (from the Arland series).

link3710

porto

We're still talking about Lara Croft? lol.

You made me laugh, @Rayla. Thanks for that

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

As expected, Steve killed the eshop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blooper987

@PikaPhantom I’m now thinking what if we see Age of Calamity Impa instead of Hayabusa. They would both make sense currently, and are Koei Tecmo even if it is technically from the Zelda series

Bankaj

Age of Calamity rep seems more likely than Ryu in my opinion. Byleth arrived far beyond the release lf Three Houses as well and I think the impact of BOTW + AOC + link to first-party title makes more sense than introducing a third-party character, lesser known with less games on Switch.

That said, I'm enjoying the Bomberman outfit! It is the best we can get outside from the char itself. Just a pity that the moveset of Mii-brawler doesnt really corresponds well, but I'll live with it.

Not getting the charm of Steve/Alex yet. Fortunately the blocks are less effective S expected, but he does seem to have a powerful side+b and down+b.

Bankaj

Snatcher

Steve can be complex but I have been loving it and made some combos lets goo steve fans.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Poppies_92

Alright, going to place a few predictions for future DLC characters after today even if they have 0.32% percent chance of making it in.

Sora (KH) - Only characters I want left that I think could make its way into the Smash
Crash Bandicoot - Just wishful thinking >.>
A Pokemon 8th gen rep
A Zelda character Rep
Last prediction! Niko Bellic from GTA IV .... just hear me out lol

Edited on by Poppies_92

Poppies_92

Switch Friend Code: SW-1286-6402-9325

jump

@status-204 you're coming across as very arrogant by proclaiming other people don't get Smash but you're not able to express why that is yourself ;p

There's enough versatility with her to do a decent move set. She does jumpy things, has various arrows from ropes to napalm, torches, the dual pistols, a backpack of supplies, various tools, survival instinct, stealth and camouflaging, explosives, dodge kills, knives, various other guns besides the pistols like shotguns and grenade launchers etc. It's weird you're using Steve as a good example as if Minecraft holds a vast movepool within the game whilst Lara Croft is from an action game that involves combat already.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

@status-204 "dry" from a Nintendo point of view is just as weak of an argument considering Nintendo literally gets away with having dry and boring characters to begin with. Lara at the very least has like 3x the personality of characters like Mario, Link or even Samus for a female character comparison

Lara already has a moveset tailor made for Smash considering unlike Minecraft she actually comes from a combat-based action game. Especially if they end up giving her certain traits from reboot Lara

TheFrenchiestFry

jump

status-204 wrote:

Just take an objective look at the roster and tell me how she fits in with that?

Smash is a video game mascot fighter. Lara Croft is a video game mascot. Simps.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

TheFrenchiestFry

@status-204 If your argument is that she's too specifically styled or rooted in realism then why was Snake not just the first M-rated character, not just the first character in Smash history whose series actually derived from real world locations, but the first ever third party franchise to ever be represented to begin with? Most of the weapons in Metal Gear as well as character designs are extremely realistic to begin with yet the development team still managed to make him not look out of place, especially against the other human characters regardless of art direction.

By that logic, Snake should've been the worst possible choice for a Smash character, as would be a character like the Belmonts whose series not only also derive from real world locales like Metal Gear, but are littered with excessive allusions to religious themes and imagery.

Simple conclusion to be drawn is Lara is the embodiment of a video game icon. She deserves to have her place in a roster filled with video game icons. Doesn't matter if she's too realistic for your tastes.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

jump

@status-204 That would imply Samus and all of the other characters are also "funny".

Lara Croft has fought dinosaurs, Bacon Lara (who needs to be an alternate skin!), weird human space spiders, centaurs, samurai zombies etc so the argument about Tomb Raider being too realistic is pish.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic