Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 3,972

iKhan

gcunit wrote:

always seemed to be able to get his attacks in before mine could land, but I beat him in the end.

Yeah... that's not he intensity of online. That's the input lag for online

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano Also GTA is a tad too realistic

DOOM still has pretty outlandish weapons like the Plasma Rifle and Gauss Cannon, but GTA relies heavily on realistic and down-to-earth aesthetics and that extends to the way the weapons are modelled

That won't be able to get past CERO at all

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-7235-4572-5129 | My Nintendo: French Fry

DenDen

Playing also latley, if someone whants to battle let me know

Now playing
Switch : Animal Crossing new Horizon.
Streets of rage 4
Trials of mana
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature I Might be down for some smash on Sunday. Trying some Mass Effect mods in Fallout 4 tonight, then trying to give 76 a fair shake Saturday with friends.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

I don't think there is, but I thought I'd check anyway... I'm still working my way through World of Light and often find myself wanting to know what music is playing - is there any in-game way of finding out, cos it doesn't seem to display it anywhere?

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DenDen

Sadly thats the only way how to find it out

Now playing
Streets of rage 4
Trials of mana
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Dogorilla

Does anyone know if the Daemon X Machina spirits are available through normal gameplay yet? I missed the event where they were originally made available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

DenDen

@NintendoByNature
Can you play now?

Now playing
Streets of rage 4
Trials of mana
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

NintendoByNature

@DenDen still at work for a few hours. I'll be on around 9pm central time in the U.S. I think our best bet will be mid days during the weekend when you're still awake. I sometimes get free time to play during the day over the weekends.

NintendoByNature

Chunkboi79

@gcunit How do you play as Kirby. I mean what are your go to moves and how do you approach?

I've put in over 4000 hours in Sm4sh and Ultimate combined so I could give you some pointers

Chunkboi79

gcunit

@Chunkboi79 I appreciate your offer, thanks.

I'm not sure I can summarise my approach with Kirby, but I guess I try to adapt to the situation. If my opponents seem to be mostly ground based then I'll tend to use aerial down attacks more, coupled with the dash charge attack (sorry, I don't know what all the different moves are called yet). I've also started using the up smash more, smacking them up in the air, then trying to repeat it as they drop back down.

I mostly still just play World of Light and Classic modes, trying to train up to be able to put in respectable performances online.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dogorilla

@gcunit At the start of each battle it briefly displays the name of the music track in the top left of the screen. I don't think there's any way to check it once that's disappeared though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

Chunkboi79

@gcunit Okay so the reason I ask is because you have to play to what your habits are. I really like forward airs and neutral airs so I like to play with characters with that strength that being Link and Hero. Everyone needs a starter character that is considered a noob stomper in my opinion.

Kirby isn't a bad character to start with and with his recent buffs he is much better. However, anyone online with any type of range is a tough match up for kirby. High level kirby's struggle too, kirby just doesnt have the tools to dispatch people well. You're going to work twice as hard to kill people with kirby. Kirby requires a ton of hard reads, spacing, and recognition on when to attack.

Honestly, if you want a couple really easy characters to start playing competitively K Rool, little mac, and wolf are some of the easiest to pick up. I would say get good with a heavy character like K Rool, he will carry you until you get to a higher level. Which at high level play it's tough to play K Rool but he's the second heaviest character in the game, has projectiles, a great recovery, and hits like a truck. People will have a hard time killing you at 150% even.

Kirby is a fun and good character to learn the fundamentals. However, knowing the match ups and character weaknesses is just as important as knowing the fundamentals and that of your character. K Rool rewards aggressive and oppressive play. You are able to make more mistakes with K Rool which may help you at first.

I say try out K Rool at first, he's a blast to play. I never thought I would like him but now he's my icon and I made my name Chunkboi because of him. I have since moved on but he was my smash ultimate little mac (which was my starter for Sm4sh). He got me through my initial phases until I was good enough to find my character. I think you could do well with kirby but Kirby is limited, and K Rool will give you more freedom to experiment. I say use him for a bit, then come back to kirby after you learned more of the fundamentals. I now main Link and Hero due to their range and decent speed, but I wouldn't be that good with them if I didn't start with K Rool.

Chunkboi79

andrew20

my DLC prediction is
Monster Hunter fighter
1.we have a stage like thing already and the mii outfits are not on the switch

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Grumblevolcano

I'm predicting Dante, I thought maybe he'd be in wave 2 given the timing of the comments about DMC needing to be on the Switch first but the Resident Evil spirits event this week makes me think the 5th character is a Capcom rep and so that leaves Dante or Monster Hunter.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic