Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 4,507

Joeynator3000

plays another team battle with level 3 CPUs, is still first to die while everyone else has plenty of lives left

....Welp, I hate this game again, back to Monster Hunter/Hyrule Warriors.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LilDoggo48

Pirahna Plant is New Main! Having so much fun with this guy!

Also guess I'm lucky cause playing with him on All-Star did'nt corrupt my data. Not gonna do it again now that I found out, but yes sorry to all those that were effected by the great piranha purge of 2019.😅

Eagerly Awaiting Animal Crossing for Switch!

MysticGengar

@LilDoggo48
Same here! Pirahna plant is a LOT more fun than I was expecting!

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

Joeynator3000

@AlternateButtons There's nothing you can do, the AI just has issues.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HobbitGamer

@Joeynator3000 Have you tried using an attack?
runs away

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

Um... So in two different switches, two different digital copies of smash, smash prompted me to update. And the 7.0 update happened. On both switches smash crashed on launch. Then told me there was corrupt data. Couldn't solve it. Now u have to re download smash completely. No idea of my save games are ok. I have the cloud backup....

So no smash for over an hour....... And hopefully it will work at all.....

Edit: Well, re-downloading it worked and my save seems fine (not sure if it's because I have cloud saves or if it was locally fine.) But people should be aware of this problem: It seems like if you have both the 7.0 update and the Smash 2.0 update pending together, doing the update first reboots the Switch to do the system update, then continues downloading the Smash patch, then applies the Smash patch. 2/2 systems I did this on with different user accounts and different digital Smash copies ended up corrupting the game install, requiring total re-download on both systems. I've never had a single game corrupt itself on Switch before, and only had one on X1.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

uhh, guys, i left smash in suspend after verifying it was fixed after the corruption. It apparently crashed while in suspend. It's corrupt again! I have to redownload it again! How is smash suddenly completely broken in digital form?? Might not be playing this anymore if it won't remain installed....

This all started with 7.0 and smash 2.0....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia Just don't play Smash until the next update.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

Ok, now on the second console it just corrupted again. Simply while running the demo tutorial video loop.

Wow. Nintendo had 100% broken smash ultimate digital. It's as non playable as fallout 76 launch. This is a devastating first.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano yeah, seems that way.... That's.... Disastrous. Of 2m copies, what at least half a million don't work right now most likely? Wondering why this isn't major news? This isn't piranha in all Stars as reported. This is simply starting the game, so far on all consoles/copies I've tried.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia You’ve probably tried already, but just in case; what happens when you select the “Check for Corrupted Data” option in the system menu?

I hate it for you, yo.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@JackEatsSparrows it forces me into the corrupt data check after it crashes. It finds corruption after a scan, and the solution is to redownload. Which works, lets me launch, i can either let it run on the demo video, or get as far a seeing my wol save status.. Either way once it runs 10 or 25 minutes, in both cases, not even starting a fight, it crashes again, forces corruption check, finds corruption, and forces download.

I'm kind of shocked this isn't reported in news and that Nintendo hasnt made a statement. I mean it's really bad. 2x on 2 consoles with 2 accounts with 2 copies of the game. Maybe it's only digital na copies with the pirahna...... But even then that's a lot of people with a $60 game that's completely unusable to the point of actually breaking itself if you try to use it. It's seriously Bethesda bad. Never thought I'd see the day Nintendo got it that wrong.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia I have it digitally in NA and I have no problems. You're literally the only guy I've heard with this specific issue.

Man I swear you have such bad luck at times lol

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario on two consoles though... So that counts as two...

And i don't mean my two with my alt account, but an entirely other user (same family NO account though if that matters.)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

TOUGHDUDE94

@SonicMos moster hunter as a fighter

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

NEStalgia

Ok re downloaded on both systems. Second time. #2 starts up (will see for how long) system #1 didn't even start the game before showing corruption. Note that other games are fine, i.e. is not a bad sd card. I can't be there only person experiencing this..... Is on 2 systems. Well see if#2 remains running this time. And I'll redownload the third time on#1. That's 5 downloads of smash in 2 days.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Have you shot off an email yet?

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

Nothing yet - not too interested in form letters, and I'm still data gathering. So far on system #2 I was able to play a round, but haven't verified if it's still stable after sitting in suspend a while. On system #1 after the last download it didn't even start - was corrupt right away - redownloaded again, it started, got into the menu, I set up a battle, and it crashed the moment I hit "random" for fighter. Corrupt again. And I saw it uploading the "new" save data to the cloud backup. I'm going to guess the save is hosed at this point too, and that might be the origin of the problem.

If it' is I'm deleting the game forever. No point owning a game that my month and a half of progress is wiped from. I spent weeks beating WoL and getting all those spirits. I'm not doing that again. Maybe I could blast through on easy mode.....but I still don't have the patience to 100% it again. Smash Ultimate no longer exists to me if I can't recover it.

I'll keep testing in the short term.....I may end up downloading a terabyte of Smash by the time this is all done. And still have no game. And probably need a new SD card from wear-out.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Update: Weird.....when the corrupt data found screen came up I checked "what to do if redownloading doesn't resolve"....it just gave me a link to the support website and no code to plug in. I hit X to exit the dialog instead of hitting download." I clicked on the Smash icon....and it launched......I just played a round....it seemed fine. I havent tested my save in terms of spirits but it shows ok.....

So....is this whole crash/corrupt thing not even valid? If you just refuse to let it check it it still works fine, but if you let it check it it thinks it's corrupt?! And why was it crashing?

This just got weirder. On 2 systems it crashes for no reason, declares that it needs to check for corruption, the check finds that it's corrupt, but if you bail out, do nothing, and run the game.......it runs fine?!

I need to lie down.....

This is better than I was fearing....that's good...(I think?)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ok so i played spirit boards a while. Got like 10 battles in! Then it crashed while picking another spirit. Corrupt data check. Corruption found. Exited out without doing redownload. Game starts. Plays a few battles. Then crashes again. Corruption found. Meanwhile system 2 is now, so far, playing fine. This is so weird...

Update again:. It seems like maybe I've of the crash sources atm is trying to play Zelda. So far off two times i picked her, it crashes before the fight starts. Also after selecting her, some spirits in my primary had no picture, flygon was one of them.

This whole thing is pretty major for them to not acknowledge it.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic