Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 2,042

carlos82

After feedback I have an updated version of my first level, the secret route is easier to find but still no too obvious and now the hunt is in for 5 red coins LX9-JPR-2GF

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

oliver139

Mario Maker RPG マリオメーカーRPG

Level ID: 6S6-G34-RPG

Style: SM3DW

Theme: Desert + Underground

Difficulty: Normal

Description:

Welcome to my RPG world! Target is to collect 200 coins. In this game, you are free to do anything.

• Underground: Dig for coins and Key
  • Boss Room: Fight for coins
  • Item Shop: Unlock by keys to get items
  • Gym: Play mini games for mushroom

Please try to find hidden blocks as well!

Edited on by oliver139

Try my Mario Maker 2 course:
6SS6-G34-RPG
Mario Maker RPG

ajmayhew

@carlos82 Personally I don't really like most clear condition levels unless the clear condition is tightly plotted primarily as a puzzle, with little chance to die. There are just too many death opportunities in your level which makes it frustrating to have to go through the same collect the coin ritual every time. My suggestion would be remove the clear condition, hide keys where you have the big coins and use them to access a bonus area/challenge at the end and then add a checkpoint (which you can't have with a clear condition). I'm no expert though....

Edit: Jist saw you've updated, I'll give it a try

Edited on by ajmayhew

My Mario Maker 2 ID: W9G-WQ6-17G

carlos82

@ajmayhew yeah when I played it properly I agree it wasnt good, the latest code for that level is
LX9-JPR-2GF with difficulty drastically reduced

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Hot_potatoes

Ricks castle. Its mostly a level were you have to use the goomba boot. Rick is at the end of the level
BTW-MSY-PHG

Touhou mario, bullet hell stage were you ride a cloud
S8M-563-T8G

Mario Pest control stages, get rid of ants or bees
YXL-VH3-21G. and. K8M-4TS-1NF

Mole forest, a simple easier stage
CPC-4SK-JLG

Abandoned wasteland, a harder stage
HWH-HMN-Y9G

Defeat Bob, a stage were you use cat mario. Bob is at the end of the stage
HKQ-C6B-F5G

Quandary Winter, around normal difficult
9J5-SRX-T7G

Robs cursed woods, around normal difficult, Rob is at the end of the level
120-V0L-3CG

Bowser Keep, a level were you use the propeller helmet, it is a little harder
R3P-TMV-BQF

Captain Sam's Revenge a harder stage with Sam at the end of the stage
GGC-49C-6WG

Victors Vendetta, a harder stage Victor is at the end of the stage
8C9-MT6-59F

Puzzle levels
QSG-XRS-WNF.
N74-3MM-MTF.
SPS-4L0-JYG.
DT9-X97-X2G

Hot_potatoes

carlos82

My short and sweet tribute to the great Superman 64 GB1-XPJ-K4G

Also including the directors cut because superheroes Q0D-99R-R3G

apolking

@JamesNighthawk Yeah I struggled with that a bit, I'll admit it helps quite a bit if you've played Mirror's Edge! The idea is that red blocks are either jumping points to get to the next spot, or good wall jump spots. I was trying to copy the 'runner's vision' from the game. I could definitely have made it clearer though!

@DenDen Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! I'm gonna try and make my next course a bit more forgiving

Edited on by apolking

Super Mario Maker 2 courses:
PQW-W38-SDF
Mirrors Edge: Gotta Go Fast!
VLS-73C-72H
Prison Break!
QYC-K6T-VCG

apolking

@carlos82 Really enjoyed your superman courses, the second nearly drove me crazy though! I'd suggest a little more player guidance for the red coin spots but that wouldn't really be true to Superman 64

@oliver139 I enjoyed the open aspect of this level, looked great throughout and was fun to mess about in.

@BanjoPickles I like the concept, it would be useful if the first cat power up popped out of a pipe so it could be returned to as there's a couple of spots it's very tricky not to lose it and (to my knowledge) be unable to replace it.

PQW-W38-SDF
VLS-73C-72H
Prison Break!
QYC-K6T-VCG

oliver139

@apolking This is my first time to build a course. So good to hear that, thanks😄

Edited on by oliver139

Try my Mario Maker 2 course:
6SS6-G34-RPG
Mario Maker RPG

carlos82

@apolking haha, I was trying to catch the true spirit of the original game 😉

BanjoPickles

@apolking

Thanks for the advice, my friend. I wrestled with that decision, as I was building it. I think you’re right.

BanjoPickles

apolking

@BanjoPickles Yeah getting the difficulty in levels right is a pain. Still the theme was good, I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow!

PQW-W38-SDF
VLS-73C-72H
Prison Break!
QYC-K6T-VCG

McMurphy

These are my first attempts with Maker 2. I did have the Wii U title, so I am not "totally" green.

| Stage Name | Level ID | Description |

| Jack & The Beanstalk | 6FS-025-J0G | Take your yoshi and trade for a magic door. |
| Cinematic Titanic | MCQ-50M-FMG | Escape the sinking Titanic. |
| Pac, er, Cat-Land | VD3-V5K-2RG | Relive Pac mania in a cat suit. |
| RAMPAGE RACE! | 4WN-0CN-TFG | Rampage style race against other players. |

Edited on by McMurphy

Switch: 4985-2181-5316 | Wii U ID: McMurphy | Clan: Shellslingers

Twitter:

Dodger

I've had less time to work on levels because I'm moving and weighing job offers, but I did put together this puzzle level where you use red shells to clear brick paths in rooms. Involves some timing and working fast before the koopa shells start moving, but no kaizo level shell jump tricks or anything like that.

Block Breaking Bonanza
SMB3 - 8T8-Y27-G0H

Dodger

WiiChuck103

Got inspired to make some levels recently so here you go.

Rhythm Heaven: Air Rally: 9QD-6WF-5MG
A remake of the Rhythm Heaven minigame. Jump to the beat and don't forget the "buh-bah-bah-bums".

Hive Mind Climb: QG1-XK2-R3G
A vertical platforming level. Climb through the Stingbies' hexagonal hive and defeat the King Stingby.

Switch: SW-5078-2519-1991
3DS:0989-1913-8390
Currently Playing: Super Mario Maker 2 (MMID: QKY-VYP-NVG), Smash Ultimate, Ultimate, Baba is You (!!!), Ys VIII

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1913-8390 | Nintendo Network ID: Chuck101

ajmayhew

@WiiChuck103 Enjoyed your Rhythm Heaven level. Not too sure about using the bullet bills to hide the switches though, felt a bit unfair - particularly the first time it happened.
@McMurphy Nice theming for the pac-man bit in Pac, er, Cat land, Bit enemy spammy in the first bit though, couldn't quite work out how it linked to the theme.
@oliver139 Love your open world level. I'll probably go back to it a few times as I've only just scratched the surface.

Gave you all Likes. Could yiu give me some feedback on my Doodle Jump inspired level Goomble Jump: VST-QRT-8DG. Thanks!

My Mario Maker 2 ID: W9G-WQ6-17G

misskitten

Wow, so many level codes to look through since I last looked. Maybe that will distract me from starting up making yet another one. Finally reached my goal of making at least a level in each of the five game styles (though I have a feeling I will primarily stick to SMW and SMB3 from here on, lol)

"Winter Wonderland"
Style: SMW
DKH-1KW-2BG
It's a winter resort, and you can go through the level one of two ways, by hitting the slopes or by going through the winter carnival in the caves. It is also possible to do both for those that choose it

"Zelda: The Great Plateau"
Style: 3D World
8TQ-J2D-BWG
Complete the four shrines, then visit the Goddess Statue

misskitten

misskitten

@ajmayhew Trampolines and autoscrolling don't seem to agree with me, either I jump up too early and hit an enemy I do not see yet, or I miss the needed bounce on the trampoline and fall below the screen. I think I personally would have preferred the level without the autoscrolling aspect to it, since it adds a rush that makes it very easy to mess up.

Did however check out your "Through the Looking Glass" level, and really enjoyed it (though sadly did not get the "true ending"). That was a really neat idea, though at times confusing at what was going on, lol, but in a good way.

@WiiChuck103 I like it when people make an actual game out of music levels. Though the second part was a bit mean with obscuring some of the buttons, lol. Love the aestetics of the other level, for all its polish, I find 3D world the more challenging style to make a themed level in and you did well

@Dodger I ragequit after I finally managed the checkpoint challenge and then died in the next room. Solid level though, I just wasn't good/patient enough to complete it. Perhaps a few too many blocks to break in that first bit, redoing that bit got less enjoyable with each try. The other rooms were good (though that vertical one after the checkpoint was frustrating as heck, lol)

@McMurphy the Jack & The Beanstalk level was cool, a couple of cheap hits with twomps with the vertical autoscroll though, but still doable difficulty The Titanic one was frustrating, felt like I didn't have time to get to the next segment before the poison was back up. The pacman one was pretty cool, didn't quite see the reason for the first segment and how it tied into the whole pacman thing, I think using the red coins for the pacman stage would have probably been more fitting.

Will try and get back to the others.

Edited on by misskitten

misskitten

JamesNighthawk

Evening all
Nothing new to share. I’m here to try a bunch more of your lovely creations!

My ID - for my three levels so far!
(Thanks for all the plays and feedback here!)

XVD-4MB-HRG

@misskitten
Hey! SO winter wonderland is one of the best example of theming I have seen on MM! It made me smile, seeing the Ferris Wheel, the claw machine, the little windows. The music and choices are so lovely. There isn’t much of a challenge here, but, I feel you wanted it to be a lovely trip, rather than a hard level! Loved it!

@ajmayhew
The doodle jump level - This is a brilliant idea, that is pretty well executed. Alas, I found it frustrating, and gave up after half a dozen deaths. The fact that the rings you can hold jump, but the trampolines require a timed press, means it is inconsistent on tech needed…. Also, without a mushroom, dying from hitting a flying koopa that you cant see as the screen is scrolling… very irritating.
A rework with more fairness, and perhaps a clearer view ahead, could be awesome. Still, great idea!

@WiiChuck103
I LOVE the rhythm level. Nailed it in one, and totally made me smile. Now I want to make a rhythm level!!!

@Simbabbad
Cliffs is great. I like finding people like me that want to make levels that “could have been by Nintendo”. MM is great for quirky, but also great for some classic platforming fun! Perhaps a little overboard on the jumping fish. Otherwise, spot on! Good challenge, but fair and achievable!

@Hurryheathen
I played “Chase the Sun”. And got the world record! (for now). This level will not be for everyone. It is punishing, and veers into frustrating. It requires learning the level. But I persevered, and I beat it, with a smile. Tricky, but rewarding.

@richufc
FIRST CLEAR! Whoop! Its funny how “Alien=Metroid” with Nintendo hey! But, that was the case with that series, so no surprise I get Metroid vibes here. Nice theming, and fun to play!

JamesNighthawk

Twitter:

misskitten

@JamesNighthawk Thank you You're right, I deliberately wanted it to feel like an experience rather than be a difficult level. Sometimes people need a palate cleanser between the hard stuff, ya know My "Playtime at the Mall" has a similar idea behind it, allow the player to play around and have fun.

Dark Forest was nice, felt like a good old NES level. Galoomba Pipes was Galoombas galore, lol. Enjoyable though Did try out Blinkin' tetrominos, though it combines two elements I am not too fond of (autoscrolling and those blinking blocks), lacked the patience to follow through though, but it looked good

misskitten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic