Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 4,888

jump

There's nothing I hate more when you have just started a match and you can already tell one/two of the players on you team are deadweight so you know you're gonna lose.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BenAV

Finally got enough chunks to change the main abilities on my Inkbrush set. Still need more chunks to finish off the subs but I currently have enough Ink Saver (Sub) to throw Splat Bombs for less than half a tank which is the most important thing. Only need to fix it now to satisfy my OCD.

Untitled

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Octane

@BenAV Nice. I have a similar ability distribution, but with three sub ink savers as the main ability, then another sub ink saver, main ink saver and ink recovery on each. At least, that's the plan, still need to fix on sub-ability.

Octane

BenAV

@Octane Nice, that works too. Ninja Squid is too good to not use with Inkbrush so I'm pretty much stuck doing two mains and 5-6 subs for Ink Saver (Sub). But I also kinda like having it that way anyway on the head and shoes so I can still use it during Splatfest.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fizza

@BenAV Isn't Ninja Squid busted currently? I remember watching a Prochara video on it and how much better it is in 3 compared to 2 due to a number of factors (I think one of the main ones being that sharking, what usually replaced NS in most comps, has been greatly nerfed due to a louder sound effect being added to it). I've been considering running it in some of my own builds such as my own for Carbon Roller, H-3 Nozzlenose and Luna Blaster, just to name a few.

On the topic of builds incidentally, I've been tinkering with sendou recently with a few Splattershot sets for Ranked and I've narrowed it down to one I quite like.
Untitled
I'm waiting for this mid-October patch before committing to any sets (mainly so that I don't feel like I've wasted my chunks on an ability that could potentially get nerfed into the ground) but I've got other sets in mind for Blaster/Range Blaster (been loving that weapon lately), Sploosh and Tri-Stringer/Reef Lux.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

BenAV wrote:

Finally got enough chunks to change the main abilities on my Inkbrush set. Still need more chunks to finish off the subs but I currently have enough Ink Saver (Sub) to throw Splat Bombs for less than half a tank which is the most important thing.

Untitled

Nobody has that many chunks.😠😠😠 Maybe jesus does.(😁)

But, but @BenAV!! Whuh, what about splatfest!? (when we don't have our custom clothes gear) Do you have a headgear or shoes for Ink Saver Sub with two Ink Recovery Up slots? (nailed him🤔)(😁)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

@Fizza Not too sure about the differences. I never used it much in Splatoon 2 mainly because the swim speed down felt like too much but I haven't noticed it much when using it in Splatoon 3. It's real nice with the Inkbrush not just for sneaking around but during combat too when I'm trying to get around to the side of someone.

@WoomyNNYes I can make do without the Ink Recovery Up during Splatfest as it's not really vital, just nice to have. What I do need though is at least five Ink Saver (Sub) subs to be able to throw a Splat Bomb for less than half a tank, so I won't have that for Splatfest until I get another 30 chunks to change one of the subs on the crown/shoes. It's more important for the Anarchy modes than Turf War anyway though. 60 more Ink Saver (Sub) chunks and I'll be rocking triple on the crown and shoes and I can change the one on the hoodie to Ink Recovery Up (got plenty of chunks but need the Ink Saver (Sub) temporarily), then my OCD will be satisfied.

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV So, how did you earn the bulk of your chunks? Turf war/Anarchy Battles, Salmon Run, get really lucky getting multiple Shell-out capsules with 10-chunks for every ability?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes Mostly a combination of a lot of Salmon Run and Turf War with full Annaki brand gear. I've only got the 10x of every chunk once.

Got plenty of Ink Saver (Sub) drink tickets now (I think like 9 or 10) so I'll probably use them with my Splatfest Tee next Splatfest to work on getting the chunks I need to finish my set.

BenAV

Octane

@BenAV Makes sense. N-Zap is my main, so I don't need it as much, though I did think about it. I just want to be able to toss a barrage of suction bombs during Splat Zones and Tower Control.

I do think the ninja squid is less useful now that you can see ink trails when you're swimming. If you have a good eye, you can still spot ninja squid players, which is a shame.

Octane

Budda

@Octane
The ink trails are actually less visible in 3 compared to 2 (they were visible there too) thanks to the different ink texture.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

BenAV

@Octane Still super hard to notice though, especially in the thick of battle when there's a lot going on. I can barely keep track of people who don't have Ninja Squid half the time thanks to my lag, haha.

BenAV

RubyCarbuncle

I've met so many Players who Spawn Camp using Ninja Squid and to me personally these are the most annoying players in the game. I am willing to tolerate them though as there is always a means to counter it like with Tetra Missiles which everyone hates plus as already mentioned you can still see their ink trail as well.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

Snatcher wrote:

I wanted to ask, has anyone seen the pixel glasses around? I really want them.

Over the weekend, I saw someone in the Square with the pixel glasses. I tried to order them, but it said "Item not for sale". So, I think the pixel glasses may be a catalog reward? Can't recall what brand they were, but it wasn't amiibo.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

RubyCarbuncle

I saw somebody with a Samurai Warrior outfit and just like the Pixel Glasses I couldn't order it, just said item not for sale which was disappointing.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@RubyCarbuncle The Samurai Warrior gear is exclusive to the Inkling Boy amiibo.

Here's a page with all current amiibo gear & their abilities - these were all Splatoon 1 & 2 amiibo. (this doesn't include the Splatoon 3 amiibo gear, which hasn't released yet. The gear for those amiibos has not been announced yet.)
https://levelskip.com/action-adventure/Splatoon-2-Amiibo-Unlo...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

RubyCarbuncle

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@RubyCarbuncle The Samurai Warrior gear is exclusive to the Inkling Boy amiibo.
Here's a page with all current amiibo gear & their abilities - these were all Splatoon 1 & 2 amiibo. (this doesn't include the Splatoon 3 amiibo gear, which hasn't released yet. The gear for those amiibos has not been announced yet.)
https://levelskip.com/action-adventure/Splatoon-2-Amiibo-Unlo...

Ahh I thought so. I only have one Splatoon Amibo but it doesn't really give you anything worthwhile. Regardless thanks for letting me know.

RubyCarbuncle

Snatcher

The pixel glasses are a catalog reward.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic