Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 5,045

WoomyNNYes

RubyCarbuncle wrote:

Just wanted to thank you for sharing that. After going back to the Story to attempt it again just now I beat it on my first try thanks to your video. I was shaking like a leaf but I managed to keep it together so I never have to play that awful Stage ever again.

Excellent! Glad it helped. Nice work!!

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Perhaps the new Salmon Run gear goes live today with the new shift with the randomized weapons? (12pm ET)

• Until there are new weapon kits or a good balance update to counter getting slaughtered by partied up teams (while I solo queue), I'm mainly only playing Salmon Run.
  • I kind of miss shooting down splatdowns.😁
  • @BenAV Dang, I didn't know there were more catalogs.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes You get a mystery box every ten levels except they're really crappy ones unlike the mystery boxes in the first catalog so it's basically worthless outside of getting conch shells before/during Splatfest.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes Comes out at 5PM Ireland time for me so convert that to your time-zone and you should be grand

I got caught out by it myself, I grinded the hell out of the current rotation under the assumption it would rotate the day the 1st rolled over. Could've saved some time and anxiety on that front, that's for sure XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I'm starting to think the increased communication errors in Splatoon 3 is a Nintendo Network issue in general, not just a Splatoon 3 thing. I was playing MK8 Deluxe today and there were a fair amount of times when everyone in the lobby picked their track and nothing happened for about a minute then suddenly went to communication error.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

Booo. The new salmon run sunglasses sit on top of your head. They ruined it. "Low vision visor" is what they're called.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes Was literally just about to say the exact same thing myself, I was incredibly disappointed. I would've killed for another Octoling Shades-esque look like in 2.
Untitled
An interesting thing that I've noticed in regards to this random rotation is that there seems to be endless capsules now, rather than just capping at 1200 (you get one ever 400 afterwards). Here's hoping that actually carries over into the entire month because that'd make me want to play Salmon Run even more than I already do. Also, during my rounds earlier, I got into one where 3 out of the 4 of us had the Grizzco Stringer which I though was amazing XD

FroZtedFlake

Hmm the new visor reminds me of the visor doc brown wears in Back To The Future lol just look up "Doc Brown visor" and you'll see what I mean
I was also kinda hoping it would be like those dope Octoling shades though.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

FroZtedFlake

BRO I CALLED IT THEY LITERALLY MADE AN ARTICLE A COUPLE HOURS LATER

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Fizza

....OK I'm not nearly as disappointed as I was earlier this is incredible.

If Salmon Run rewards are going to be based off of classic movies then I am going to grind the hell out of this mode.

The next two months' rewards are based off of Star Wars and Ghostbusters for crying out loud!

StarPoint

Okay that is actually pretty incredible!

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

Movie themed icons, pop icon cosmetics, another similarity with rocket league. (Not a bad thing) Rocket League has Knight Rider, Back to the Future, Batman, Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park, Metroid, Mario & Luigi, and maybe im missing something else. If that space helmet i star wars, I bet we'll see more star wars inspired gear, possibly a weapon. Actually, the Luna blaster shot a halo shaped ring like the stun weepon princess leia was shot with in the first Star Wars, A New Hope. (edit: I guess all the splatoon blasters shoot like that)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes A laser weapon that functions similarly to the Angle Shooter would be extremely cool in my opinion

shadow-wolf

Does anyone know if you use a different region’s Splatoon 3 physical game card in a Switch, for Splatfests does it pick your region as the different region (that of the physical game card) or your region as set on the Switch?

shadow-wolf

jump

@shadow-wolf the game asks you to pick a region when you first play it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

shadow-wolf

@jump Just to clarify, that’s for the full game itself right? I know the Splatfest World Premiere demo asked that but wasn’t sure if the full game does too

shadow-wolf

jump

@shadow-wolf yeah the proper game asks you too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Budda

@Fizza
About the capsules. These are only random Grizz gear that are not the current gear of the month. In this case only the cappy.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

WoomyNNYes

@shadow-wolf Yeah, when you first boot up Splatoon 3, or after the game's opening, it asks you to select a region for splatfests.

If you had Spaltoon 2, it will also ask if you want to import Splatoon 2 save data. You only get one opportunity to do this. Say yes, it gives you three gold tickets, which give you early access to unlock three weapons of your choice. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until you level up enough to unlock them, which could take 1-2+months to unlock. If you didn't have spaltoon 2, nevermind.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic