Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 5,048

WoomyNNYes

@Dev9417 Regarding

Dev9417 wrote:

I just wonder how often Salmon Run will get new rewards, since it clearly shows several empty slots. Maybe they pop up during or after a Big Run or at the start of a new catalog?

If you're talking about the empty slots in the rewards you can buy with scales, I believe you have to buy what's currently there in order to unlock what's next? Looking at the pic below, you have to buy the green and yellow slopsuits to unlock new colors. (EDIT actually, i found how things are unlocked and posted those rules in the next post below)

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza In case BenAV has gone to bed (it's midnight-ish there in in australia?), here's a clip of all rewards, which shows all slopsuit colors currently available: pink, blue, black, white.
The description of this youtube says how to unlock everything, if I understand it right.

How to unlock:
You start at level 1.
Level 2: Spend at least 100 bronze and 10 silver scales (unlocks pink and blue suit)
Level 3: Spend at least 350 bronze, 40 silver, and 4 gold scales (unlocks everything - like the black and white suit)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

RubyCarbuncle

VoidofLight wrote:

Man the matchmaking in this game is outright garbage. I'm Rank 3 now, but I keep being pit against people who are extremely high rank, and I just keep having the floor mopped with me. I don't think it's really all that fun to die constantly because I didn't just get the game on launch and play it every hour of the day. I wish that they actually pit you against people on your skill level, instead of just throwing you in with people who are completely overpowered and who you stand no chance against. It's making me not want to play the rest of the game. I enjoyed the campaign for the game, but the multiplayer component is rough.
I also keep getting kicked offline every now and then.

You got that right. One Match we're dominating then the next we're being totally slaughtered. Don't get me started on how freakin OP the weapons in this game are. Awful just awful.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes I tend to go to bed at like 5 or 6am so it's still early days for me, haha. I didn't actually know what you needed to spend to unlock stuff when I was buying things but that checks out with what I've bought. Yellow + Pink Slopsuit (40 silver) and four banners (360 bronze, 5 gold). It's almost as if I knew what I was doing.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

Thanks for confirming, @BenAV. Yeah, I didn't know what unlocked everything either, until 30 min ago, when I saw the description of that youtube video.

'Tendo liker

LiNeR

RubyCarbuncle wrote:

VoidofLight wrote:

Man the matchmaking in this game is outright garbage. I'm Rank 3 now, but I keep being pit against people who are extremely high rank, and I just keep having the floor mopped with me. I don't think it's really all that fun to die constantly because I didn't just get the game on launch and play it every hour of the day. I wish that they actually pit you against people on your skill level, instead of just throwing you in with people who are completely overpowered and who you stand no chance against. It's making me not want to play the rest of the game. I enjoyed the campaign for the game, but the multiplayer component is rough.
I also keep getting kicked offline every now and then.

You got that right. One Match we're dominating then the next we're being totally slaughtered. Don't get me started on how freakin OP the weapons in this game are. Awful just awful.

I would actually disagree on the opinion that weapons are unbalanced currently. I think you can succeed with any weapon, it’s just a matter of figuring out which ones fit your play style best. Any weapon can be played around as long as you stay out of their range of threat and put them with in your range of threat at the right time, and then it’s just down to execution. More important than weapon ability or gear sets or any of that is discipline, pushing when your team is in advantage state and positioning favors your team’s ink.

The only things that currently feels slightly unbalanced are a couple of specials. Tenta missles are too good at displacing teams from the objective in Anarchy Battles and Ultra Stamp’s hit boxes are still kinda broken, in that it will occasionally not hit when it looks like it definitely did. Still, these specials are significantly better balanced than in 2. Tenta Missles still aren’t being “spammed” by more than 1 player a game regularly and Ultra Stamp only slightly hinders some weapons potential (I’ve seen some people who are very good with Splatana Wiper, which has Stamp).

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

RubyCarbuncle

@LiNeR Maybe not all weapons but Slosher is just ridiculous. Not only does it inflict too much damage now the hit box is massive. Good luck trying to get away from someone chasing you with it because it's very difficult if not impossible and to top it off it's possible to Splat people through walls. It will likely be patched but still.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

LiNeR

@RubyCarbuncle Yeah Sloshers are pretty good in 3, especially Sloshing Machine with Fizzy Bomb and Booyah Bomb. What I generally do to deal with Sloshers is space them out with Bombs, don’t approach them straight-on, and avoid being below them or away from ledges they could space me out with. But, yeah they’re definitely one of the stronger classes in 3.

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

jump

I downloaded the patch this morning and the first three games all had disconnects. This is annoying.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@jump The Splatoon experience right there honestly. I was playing a Rainmaker match yesterday with Range Blaster and was absolutely dominating the other team, hitting directs and indirects like nobody's business. And just as we were about 10 points away from victory?
Untitled
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

@Fizza this seems worse than normal with the current update. I had found 6 other players and it went 3 mins looking for another player before disconnecting this morning. This is probably the worse I’ve ever had with all of the Splatoon games now, yesterday it was fine and had loads of matches with no problem.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RubyCarbuncle

It's still fine with me. If possible use a wired connection and see how it goes, since switching from Wi-Fi to wired I wouldn't go back.

RubyCarbuncle

RubyCarbuncle

WoomyNNYes wrote:

ALL DAYYYYY, Son. ALL DAY.
FINALLY, I beat Cohozuna for the second time, and during a sunday driver time of the day, no less. Perhaps watching CheWoomy eggsecutive Salon Run gameplay helped. And perhaps two other things played a part, I got a good weapon, the blaster, and fully utilized it, and I used my special, the Booyah Bomb. I'm not sure I saw anyone on my team used their special.

@RubyCarbuncle I saved clips from playing through what I thought were the two toughest parts of theThose Aren't Birds level, in case you wanted to see how I did them.

Just wanted to thank you for sharing that. After going back to the Story to attempt it again just now I beat it on my first try thanks to your video. I was shaking like a leaf but I managed to keep it together so I never have to play that awful Stage ever again.

RubyCarbuncle

novasoup

ok is anyone else having issues with the ultra stamp hitbox
i loved the special in splatoon 2 and mini splatling is one of my mains and i'm glad its on it in splatoon 3
but sometimes it feels like the special just doesn't hit
the hitbox is def messed up rn

playing right now:
splatoon 3
fortnite
pizza tower

Switch Friend Code: SW-2640-3349-1323 | My Nintendo: novasoup

Fizza

@novasoup I'm right there with you buddy, welcome to the club. I literally just had a match there about 2 days ago at Mincemeat Metalworks where I was playing Range Blaster, the opponent activated their Ultra Stamp and ran straight towards me....only for me to somehow squeeze unscathed through a gap between the hammer and handle and deck them with a direct. Hype as all hell? Absolutely. Depressing that one of my favourite specials has been gutted in this way? Also absolutely. Here's hoping this mid-October balance patch fixes it because I want to play Wiper, Mini and Sploosh so badly.

Also, very good avatar pick: Harmony is precious. I hope we get some new Chirpy Chips music at some point in 3 cause I just think that'd be neat

BenAV

Just finished leveling up the second catalog to level 100 and now onto the third one. It's a shame that the mystery boxes in them are complete garbage. It's only every ten levels so it wouldn't hurt to make them at least half-decent surely. For 100 levels I got probably about 50k cash, a few 50% food tickets and a few chunks for abilities I don't use.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Snatcher

How does everyone level up so fast Lmao.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Grumblevolcano

There's more than 1 catalog?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano
Untitled
There's technically an infinite amount of catalogs, however once you complete your first one, the ones afterwards will just be a repeat (with any one-time only items like decorations, titles and gear being converted to cash).

RubyCarbuncle

novasoup wrote:

ok is anyone else having issues with the ultra stamp hitbox
i loved the special in splatoon 2 and mini splatling is one of my mains and i'm glad its on it in splatoon 3
but sometimes it feels like the special just doesn't hit
the hitbox is def messed up rn

Glad I'm not the only one which is why I focus on using it for covering a lot of ground far quicker then normal when it comes to inking in Turf Wars. I don't use it in other modes though.

Edited on by RubyCarbuncle

RubyCarbuncle

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic