Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,808

VoidofLight

@ok1 I thought it told you after the match, but I could be remembering how 2 worked. All I know is that I can't find matches with people on my actual skill level, so therefore it isn't fun.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

StarPoint

I’m getting really tired of connection errors counting as losses in Series mode

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Crosscode (PC)
Monster Hunter: Rise (PC)

WoomyNNYes

@Deltarogue Good question. I don't know. I'm guessing no. Cohozuna stands to tall to fit under it. While cohozuna does do that bellyflop attack, and ends up laying down, I bet the algorithm doesn't allow cohozuna to bellyflop & go under a slammin lid. If I ever see cohozuna next to a slammin lid, I would for sure give it a try.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--click for good bike video<3)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes @Deltarogue I feel like that'd be utterly broken if that was the case because all you'd have to do during an Xtrawave is just wait for a Slammin Lid to spawn, lure the Cohozuna over to it and guillotine it more or less. My guess is that it either does nothing or does a tiny bit of chip.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

WoomyNNYes

I'm watching CheWoomy live stream salmon run on youtube..... (she has good Eggsecutive rank gameplay)

I asked in the chat, "can Slammin Lid hurt Cohozuna?", and CheWoomy responded. I think she said it can, but it's only a tiny bit of damage?

So, I don't think it sounds like anything to fuss over.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WaffleBoat

How does anyone beat king salmon it’s impossible! I always run out of time.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

WoomyNNYes

@GoombaKing64 Yeah, it is tough. I've had the same thought. Sometimes it seems too tough. I've beaten it only twice (out of 200 shifts). Once when the game was new, and I was ranking up. And I did it just the other day at Profreshional 1. You have to have a decent team.(not a shocker) If you've got a good weapon, wail on it. Be sure to use your special weapon. It seems like many people forget to use their special (you get one use of your special for cohozuna). Slay bosses to throw golden eggs at cohozuna, or just to keep from getting overwhelmed. Generally speaking, if you see a flyfish, many high rank people only blow up one basket to cripple it, instead of blowing it up altogether. Because when they respawn with both baskets they're more brutal.

As I mentioned recently, I watch CheWoomy play Eggsectutive rank Salmon Run on youtube. She's really good. It's a good way to learn to be better at prioritizing the salmonid bosses. And I'm getting better and better at looking out for my teammates too, whether it's keeping ink on the ground so people with slow weapons can still swim & escape, or helping kill smallfries if someone has a charger or slow weapon, or reviving them. Below, you'll notice there's ink all over the ground below. I covered the ground all over the place in previous waves. I don't think we could have won if there wasn't ink all all over the ground. (Forgive me if I haven't said anything new).

Anyway, I saved a clip from when I won recently. It starts out with me throwing a splatbomb to revive a teammate. Then I barely survive a stinger beam. It was harry, for sure. But I had the blaster, and I utilized it fully, and got lucky with a good team.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@GoombaKing64 I think just having a good team who know what they're doing is the most important thing. Early on in the lower ranks I didn't kill it often at all but in Eggsecutive VP where most players are pretty competent it's not so bad a lot of the time. Killed six of them last night alone.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Deltarogue

@BenAV YOU'VE KILLED 6 OF THEM??!! You need to take a chill pill and calm down my man lol.

Deltarogue

Octane

@GoombaKing64 Beat one yesterday with 34 seconds to spare. Ignore the bosses, mostly, and just attack it directly if you have a weapon with high DPS. You can use the eggs to take out other bosses. Only use it on Cohozuna if you're relatively safe.

Octane

Budda

According to the App I killed 14 King Salmonids.
The only problem I have is that the game doesn't like to give me gold scales for the past 10 encounters or so! I think it doesn't matter if you best him or not.

Budda

BenAV

@Deltarogue 20 in total now but six of them in the few hours I played last night. It's a fun weapon rotation.

Untitled

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fizza

@Budda I've battled Cohozuna more times than I'd care to admit and I've only gotten a single Gold scale off of him myself. Very much seems like pure RNG unlike the Bronze and Silver ones.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

BenAV

@Fizza I got five pretty quickly and bought the banner thinking they seemed common enough, then got one more and then never saw them again for the longest time. Finally got a couple last night though so back up to three, haha.

BenAV

Dev9417

I just wonder how often Salmon Run will get new rewards, since it clearly shows several empty slots. Maybe they pop up during or after a Big Run or at the start of a new catalog? Either way, it's clear that playing lots of Salmon Run is mandatory. I only just finally got enough silver scales for a Green Slopsuit yesterday. I'd have to think very carefully what rewards I really want before spending such rare collectibles.

BIG RUN IS IMMINENT.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | My Nintendo: Dev

alpacatears

Does anybody else here have a least favorite map from the current rotations?
Wahoo World is my new greatest enemy 😂

alpacatears

jump

@Dev9417 I thought someone in this thread has already said they rotate rewards on a monthly basis for Salmon Run.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic