Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,961 to 4,980 of 5,014

JaxonH

@WoomyNNYes
I doubt I'll last at this level long. Been paired with some really solid teams lately. Pay is pretty high, averaging a smidge above 250 per 3-round win, and around 200 on a round 3 loss, which makes getting superbonuses much easier.

I've only done that once or twice myself, btw. It's usually too hectic to position yourself perfectly to shoot it directly back. Usually I just shoot it to knock it down and that's good enough. But if you can knock it out with the Missile that's awesome. That was a slick shot in the footage. You use capture card or is that a 30 second video from Switch?

There's a lot of techniques I need to get better at in Salmon Run. But, practice makes perfect as they say. I can definitely tell I've improved since playing back in 2017. Guess after so many hours you just naturally start to break through that plateau.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WoomyNNYes

@JaxonH Yeah, shooting the drizzler missile back to take out the drizzler is all about being at the right spot. Seems less about skill, and more about being fortunately enough to be lined up right, unless someone else can correct me.

I use the Switch's 30 second clip.

There are two ways to pull videos from your switch, pull out your micro sd card, or plug the switch into the computer via usb cable. I prefer to plug the switch into my computer. On the switch home screen, go to system settings. The switch, the path is:
system settings/data management/manage screenshots and videos/copy to a computer via usb connection
After you select "copy to a computer via usb connection", your switch will show up on the pc like a thumbdrive, open the Album folder, then the Game's folder, and find your pic/clips in there.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

JaxonH

@WoomyNNYes
Should do some Salmon Run together sometime.

My code is 1947-6504-9005

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WoomyNNYes

@JaxonH Sent a request. My switch user name is SpaceDandy.

I've never partied up for Salmon Run. The caveat to joining friends in Salmon Run is, you're rank won't change. So, I'm in profreshional 100-200, and if we have a string of good runs, my rank and pay won't increase. Conversely, if you have a high profreshional rank, you won't lose it if you're playing with a friend and lose. But it would be nice to avoid random newbs.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

JaxonH

@WoomyNNYes
Ya, I play plenty of Freelance so I'm not worried about rank during the few times I may play with a friend. As long as I'm getting pay toward bonuses, that's good enough for me.

Salmon Run is also just a ton of fun

Fizza

@JaxonH @WoomyNNYes Do you mind if I ask permission for your friend codes as well? I've actually never played League before in Splatoon so it would be nice to maybe give it a go before 3 comes out. Won't be able to play today though since I caught the worst flu known to man (that isn't you-know-what).

My only request is that you don't show off my FC to anyone else since I prefer to keep it private.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Fizza
I don't play League, in fact I haven't even unlocked it since I started a new save file.

Salmon Run though, that's my jam.

WoomyNNYes

I got to S rank in Splatzones, and that was it. I'm like, B rank for other ranked modes. Spaltzones is the easiest to understand. I'm still kind of clueless with Clam Blitz & Tower Control.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes @JaxonH That's more than fine, thanks for the permission! Also, my Switch name is Fizza, just like here.

JaxonH

@WoomyNNYes
That's incredible.

I don't play Ranked, but back in 2017 I do remember getting up to C+ or B-, something like that, but I never stuck with it. It was extremely competitive and high stress.

Dogorilla

The ranked modes are the most fun part of the game for me, but I don't know why there isn't an option to play those modes casually as well. I'd probably play them that way if I could, because having your rank go down makes it a lot more frustrating when you lose. That said, if anyone here hasn't given the ranked modes a go I would definitely recommend it - don't worry about what rank you are, they're just really fun game modes.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

JaxonH

@Dogorilla
I definitely loved the modes back when I played Ranked after release. Added a ton of variety with Splat Zones, Tower Control, Clam Blitz, etc. But it was so hyper-competitive with rewards contingent on winning, I eventually just went back to Turf War and Salmon Run.

I'd love to see Splatoon 3 add a casual mode that cycles through different ranked modes and stages, without rankings though, just rewarding like Turf Wars. Or maybe put a Salmon Run reward structure in place. Doesn't have to be a casual mode for each ranked type- that could divide the playerbase too much. But a single mode that cycles through the different types, so that casual has Turf Wars, Salmon Run and Casual Ranked... that would be awesome.

I suspect they won't though, as that may damage the actual Ranked playerbase.

WoomyNNYes

@JaxonH OK, I thought joining a friend in Salmon Run would work like Turf War, but it doesn't appear to. I guess we have to create a room and then recruit others, and at that piont, you can ping a friend, which maybe sends an invite? I've never done that before.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

JaxonH

@WoomyNNYes
Oh ya, it's super easy. Just select Play With Friends, select Host or Join, and bam, done and done. It'll automatically fill the remaining slots with randoms.

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes @JaxonH Sent on those Friend Requests to you! Sorry it took so long, I was basically stuck in bed the entire day yesterday with the flu so I only got around to it today.

JaxonH

@WoomyNNYes
Those JP gamers know how to play, that's for sure ๐Ÿ˜€

WoomyNNYes

Yeah, @JaxonH gets it!

When the lobby names are Japanese in Salmon Run, chances are high that you'll have a good team.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™ƒ
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

JaxonH

@WoomyNNYes
Up for some Salmon Run today if you want

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic