Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,941 to 4,960 of 5,014

WoomyNNYes

Regarding Splatoon 2 Definitive Edition (Splatoon 2 + all DLC on cartridge):

With Splatoon 3's release getting closer, does that mean the door is closing on prospects for Splatoon 2 Definitive Edition physical for the west? Splatoon 2 Definitive Edition released in September 2021, but it only supported Japanese language.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/09/zelda_breath_of_the...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Ninfan

@WoomyNNYes How do I know which weapons are the newest. . I unlocked weapons but left the shop, when I went back the newest unlocked weapons where not marked.

Ninfan

WoomyNNYes

@Ninfan I think I've done the same thing. I don't think there's a way to tell when you come back like you describe. Although, this Splatoon wiki page shows the level that weapons unlock. If you tap the top of the Level column, it will sort them by level number chronologically.

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/List_of_weapons_in_Splatoon_2

What level are you at these days?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Ninfan

@WoomyNNYes thanks for the help. I just got up to level 20, Weapons seem alot better.

Ninfan

WoomyNNYes

I've been playing Salmon Run. Sometimes I can't tell if I have a terrible (or noob) teammate, or if the hazard level is sky high. Several times Flyfish Tenta Missles just KEEP coming, or its never ending Inkstorms (the rain weapon). Although, I do recall, it took me a while to discover you can shoot down the Inkstorm missle to prevent the Inkstorm.

Anyway, I dont know if I'll ever get out of Profreshional 100 level again playing freelance salmon run. I'm kind of rusty, too. I was probably better 1-2 years ago.

It's over 4 years later, and I think it's funny that the Stinger boss is a stack of pots and pans. XD It's so ridiculous.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

JaxonH

I’ve got 65 hours in Splatoon 2 since picking it back up and starting a new save file a few weeks ago (had lost my save of 300 hrs when I got Switch OLED).

I’m Level 14, and am Professional 200 in Salmon Run. Was 250 but had a losing streak last night and today. I tend to stay around the 200 mark though.

The difficulty is nuts on Professional. It gets absolutely crazy, and if you don’t have a good team that works together you’ll get overrun. You have to make every shot count and know your role. If you have the charger you need to be taking out the Steelheads asap. And always deal with Stingers asap. They’ll kill you fast if you don’t. Also, Flyfish will make your life hell with missiles raining down, so I try to deal with those fast also. The others (Steel Eel, Scrapper, Maw, Drizzler, etc) are less threatening and can be prioritized as you come across them or after you deal with the top threats.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WoomyNNYes

Today's Salmon Run weapons loadout today, am I right? The first two weapons are making today's shift quite challenging.
Flingza = Oof!
L3 = Oof!
Splat Charter = fine
Clash Blaster = fine

'Tendo liker

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes I envy your skill with Chargers if you can use a Splat Charger in Salmon Run moderately well. Then again, I would say that I'd be fine with the L3 so different tastes = different skills I suppose.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza I had an L3-looking gun or an H3 the other day, and it would fire kinda quickly if you keep tapping the trigger, it was decent. But today's L3, will not do that, it's power is the weakest of that type of gun. It will only fire about every other trigger pull if you're lucky, and it's it's easily overrun if there's a group of enemies.

The charger has it's job slaying Steelhead bosses & using it's range to shoot the coolers dropping from the mothership, but it still requires help of team mates because of it's slower rate of fire. I often keep on eye on the teammate with the charger in case of smallfries, or if they get overwhelmed.

Today's salmon run requires a lot of helping each other out (Or maybe i'm not that good)

'Tendo liker

JaxonH

I've been on a winning streak lately.

Got up to 290 in Salmon Run Professional today, crushed a double superbonus in like 7 rounds.

Then won 16 of the last 18 Turf Wars. Ever since switching to Splattershot Jr I've been on a tear, consistently hitting 2,000p per match with 4-6 kills. I even hit 2150p which was the highest I've ever scored.

I love Bloblobber. It's what I had been using. And before that, Kensa Splattershot. But the Jr has such a fat ink tank you don't even need Ink Saver Main. The Kensa in particular has torpedo sub weapon, so Ink Recovery works well for it.

But I've had to change my gear. Normally I run Ninja Squid and double Ink Saver Main, but with Splattershot Jr, it's not really needed. I'm also starting to question the usefulness of Ink Resistance.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

LiNeR

@JaxonH I main Spalttershot Jr. and the gear I’ve most useful is Sub Ink Saver (especially for normal Jr., you can almost get 2 splat bombs with lots of it, but also useful for Kensa and Custom) and Special saver (mostly useful for normal Jr. to spam Ink armor, but just generally a useful gear ability)

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

JaxonH

@LiNeR
Ya, those are decent. But up until now I haven't used my subs enough to warrant sub saver. But that's changing with the torpedo sub, which I spam quite a bit. Maybe I'll look into sub saver. Then again, Ink Recovery helps BOTH the sub weapon and main weapon. Less situational = more value.

I also haven't prioritized quick respawn because of how situational it is. Only activates if you get spotted twice in a row without splatting someone. And if you're doing that bad, trimming a second off respawn isn't likely to make a difference.

I also don't squid jump enough to prioritize fast squid jump. Those skills could better go to something else.

Special charge up seems more useful than Saver, since how many times do you die in a match... 3 on average? Seems special charge up would always help vs situational helping.

But Ink Resistance and Bomb Defense. I've always ran one main of Ink Resistance, but am now questioning how often I step in enemy Ink in Turf Wars. Maybe Bomb Defense would be better.

Splat Jr is more midline and backline, so Ninja Squid isn't needed so much since that's Frontline skill. And as mentioned, Ink Saver Main isn't needed. And Ink Res seems questionable. Maybe an Ink Recovery, Ink Saver Sub, Bomb Defense, Swim Speed Up, Run Speed Up and Special Charge Up would be an ideal set for Splat Jr?

LiNeR

@JaxonH yeah i guess it depends on the situation. in turf war, ink saver and special charge up would be more useful, but in ranked where you’re pushing interactions more sub saver and special saver are more useful.

bomb defense seems pretty useful, might try to grind chunks to get as a minor gear ability.

Edited on by LiNeR

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

Fizza

JaxonH wrote:

I love Bloblobber. It's what I had been using. And before that, Kensa Splattershot. But the Jr has such a fat ink tank you don't even need Ink Saver Main. The Kensa in particular has torpedo sub weapon, so Ink Recovery works well for it.

SO YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S BEEN RUINING MY TOWER CONTROL MATCHES.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@JaxonH Profreshional 290, dang. That's about as high as I've ever gotten.

Bloblobber was one of my favorites for a while. It's fun, and can throw ink so far.

'Tendo liker

JaxonH

@Fizza
😆

I don't play ranked. But bloblobber is always a pain to deal with.

@WoomyNNYes
It really depends on your team and how you synergize. I've learned the hard way, you MUST work as a team, stick together, and keep each other alive. When everyone starts running off alone, that's when you lose. Not that you have to hold everyone's belt the entire time, but generally speaking, if everyone is cognizant of their team mates and spends most of the match working together, you're more likely to win than not.

I've been with some poor teams, and there's been times where I screwed the match, usually getting myself in too deep without backup.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

I didn't think this was even possible, but I'm up to Professional 380 in Salmon Run.

How high does it go? I thought it capped at 250, until I got to 290. Then I assumed it capped at 300, but apparently not. Maybe there is no cap?

Untitled

iLikeUrAttitude

@JaxonH It caps at 999 but after every rotation the max saved will only be 400 iirc.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

JaxonH

@iLikeUrAttitude
What does it do? Since Professional is the highest level, and Pay is determined separately, what's the point of the level? Just more buffer between dropping down a grade? Does it influence difficulty and if so, does that also influence pay?

WoomyNNYes

@JaxonH Dang, profreshional 380!? Impressive. Nice work. And yes, climbing to higher profreshional ranks is a pay/bonus multiplier. If you're higher up in profreshional, after the salmon run ends, you'll see the bonus rewards bar tick by a lot farther in one go. After salmon run matches you'll see a pay multiplier percentage. I was around profreshional 180, and it said something like 220% pay bonus.

I finally took out a drizzler by shooting it's missile back at it. I don't know if I've ever done it before. If I have, I forgot.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic