Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,881 to 4,900 of 5,014

Ninchiku

@WoomyNNYes

Were you ever able to make it out alive of Salmon Run when they send you to look for eggs on your own?

It happens to me a lot more than i would like and i never make it out

Edited on by Ninchiku

Ninchiku

WoomyNNYes

@Ninchiku If you're out getting eggs alone, sounds like a lot of newbs on your team. But that's just my guess. Yeah, I get those too

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Ninchiku

@WoomyNNYes

I meant theres no team mate at all, the game sends me alone. The number of golden eggs required is lower but its still hard. I can sometimes survive the first wave but never the second one.

So now when that happens i just jump in the water straight away so i dont loose too much time. But i often go down in rank because of it.

Ninchiku

Ninchiku

Ive been playing this a lot more lately and even though i love the game, there are a few things that i dislike.

First thing is its way to grindy. Im approaching 100 hours and still dont have access to all weapons. That is crazy.

Another thing is Salmon Run. The match making is a mess. Now im not particularly good nor particularly bad at this game but i cant seem to go up in ranks in Salmon Run. I get matched with people that are really bad and totally lack common sense. Im not the type of person who rages playing video game but it drove me to the point i just stopped playing it. And like i mentionned earlier, very often i end up playing Salmon Run alone, the game sends me to play it with no team mate. Which makes it almost imposible to complete the mission. Its just a waste of time.

Edited on by Ninchiku

Ninchiku

WoomyNNYes

@Ninchiku As far as ranking up & unlocking weapons go, all weapons unlock by level 30(that's when you get the bloblobber, the bathtub that throws those bouncy bubbles.) And battle matches are how you level up - ranked & unranked. edit: so, if much of your 100 hours is in salmon run or single player, those don't level you up, unfortunately.

I don't know if you've tried using Crusty Sean tickets for food that boosts "battle experience" points for online battle matches to level up faster? Maybe you have.

Yeah, while salmon run matching makes finishing the 3 waves a challenge, you can look up Salmon Run tips/guide on youtube (or elsewhere), and how to prioritize the bosses, how to lure bosses to the egg basket - because slaying bosses far from the basket = more running back & forth with eggs and is less efficient.

If anyone else want's to add, by all means. I feel like maybe I'm forgetting something.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Ninchiku

@WoomyNNYes

Im sorry i dont mean to be rude but you reply to me as if you didnt actually read what i said, im not an idiot

Of course i use those tickets but to get them i have to play salmon run and i dont play that anymore because the match making is horrible. How can i complete a salmon run mission if im alone? Enemies coming at me from all angles and no one to help

As far as watching detailed guides online, i choose not to do it, i like to figure things out by myself. To me thats a big part of games

Edited on by Ninchiku

Ninchiku

WoomyNNYes

Sorry, about that, @Ninchiku, that definitely not my intent. I only meant to help. So, forgive me if that's how it came off. There's so much game in Splatoon 2, I wasn't sure what you know and don't know. I put 200 hours in playing turf war, but never really played Salmon Run, and I was still a newb with ranked games. So, I was still learning, and sometimes looking things up at times well into my 1000 hours playing. Actually, I didnt get into Salmon Run until around 300-400 hours. So, that's the perspective I was coming from.

I can understand not wanting to look up guides, because discovery and learning on your own is fun, but if I played salmon run for 50-100+ hours, I'm not sure I would have figured out some of the prioritizing strategies. Or, maybe I'm less observant. So, don't take any offense to anything I recommended Constantly not completing 3 waves in salmon run because of newb teammates(or a lack of teammates), made me work for every edge I could find. And with so many weapons in the game, it can be tough to get a team that knows all the weapons well. If someone gets a weapon they don't know well, it can ruin chances of completing the 3 waves, especially if the weapons during that shift aren't good to begin with.

In the US here, I usually get a full team. Sometimes one disconnects. And when one disconnects, it's almost always a guarantee that we wont complete the 3 waves. So, if you're in an area where you struggle to get half, or full teams, I'm not sure you an overcome that hurdle. The Splatoon 2/Salmon Run AI algorithm does not adjust difficulty of enemies if you don't have a full team, as far as I can tell. I'm pretty sure missing two or more players basically un-winnable. You could argue that's a weakness of the game design.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Ninchiku

@WoomyNNYes

Alright then

Im not against listening to a little advice here and there, i just dont like to look up full guides that explain everything

Im level 28, probably be 29 next time i play. In ranked im between A- B+ and B-. So im not a total newbie and at this point i find it frustrating to not have access to all weapons. Maybe once i get them i wont even like them but im kind of obsessed by getting to 30 just for that.

Disconnects happen from time to time in salmon run but thats ok it happens in other modes too. Its not nearly as frustrating as getting sent on a salmon run on your own, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row, and go down in rank because of it. Once in a while id get a team of 3 but most of the time its either a 4 player team or just me alone. They dont give it more time to find players, they dont send me back to the menu either and it doesnt make any sense because as you said, the difficulty doesnt get adjusted, the number of enemies is the same, the only thing is they ask for less eggs than they would a team. So they did think about it and that was their solution. Id rather get sent back to the menu than loose my time with that.

I think thats not a good solution and i hope they do a better job with that for the next game.

Edited on by Ninchiku

Ninchiku

WoomyNNYes

@Ninchiku If I remember right, when you hit level 30, you get original weapons that unlocked plus all weapons Nintendo introduced after the game's release. So, it's like a nice bonus to hit level 30.

'Tendo liker

ok1

@Ninchiku How do you have no teammates? Are you stuck on the tutorial?

hello

Ninchiku

@WoomyNNYes

Its funny because yesterday after we talked about this, i saw the "big prize" were fragments and decided to give salmon run another try. I found a trick to not play alone, whenever i saw there were little time left to find team mates, i disconected. It was still wasted time but at least my rank wasnt affected and i actually went up 2 ranks.

@ok1

No. I dont even remember there was a tutorial. The game sends me to play salmon run alone (no team mate, just me) on a regular basis. Sometimes the game doesnt find team mates for me and let the time count go to 0 and just send me playing salmon run on my own rather than send me back to the menu. I do get to play with team mates, too. So its not a tutorial. The grizz man ask for less golden eggs by wave (1 or 2) but theres still as many enemies, and you're on your own. I only ever survived the first wave playing like this. But since nobody understands it when i say it, i guess it only happens to me.

Edited on by Ninchiku

Ninchiku

BenAV

@Ninchiku I never encountered that playing solo (as I played when the game first came out so it was always really active) but playing duo with a friend, we'd sometimes have that happen where we don't find any other teammates and it's just the two of us. Personally I'd rather play solo than the alternative of timing out if I couldn't find anyone as I've played tons of the mode and would enjoy the challenge but I totally get how that would be frustrating. It requires a lot of experience with the mode to get to the point that you've got a good shot of surviving on your own as there's no room for error and some weapons in particularly can be a nightmare when you get swamped.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Ninchiku

@BenAV

Well 2 people if you're good and have voice chat, you might have a chance but alone im not sure its even feasible. Theres too much going on after sometime you dont have anywhere to go. Especially if you got a charger.

And i believe its not really about a lack of people online. The thing i noticed is most of the time when it happens, the game displays like 35 seconds left, as it doesnt find team mates, the count should go up to have more time to find them, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt and thats when it sends me alone on the salmon run. There must be some kind of issue in the way things are handled.

Edit : ok i looked it up and it is possible

Edited on by Ninchiku

Ninchiku

ok1

@WoomyNNYes You don’t get the bloblobber at 30. You get it at about 12.

hello

WoomyNNYes

@ok1 Thanks for the correction Maybe I confused it with unlocking the Soda Slosher at 30. Or maybe that's wrong too. It's been a while 😁

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ok1

@WoomyNNYes I think the reason you messed it up was because the bloblobber came out pretty late so...

hello

ok1

@Ninchiku I don't see many reasons you would have a problem and get in solo games. I'd guess you have bad internet? I don't know. Maybe it's where you live? Do you have similar problems in other modes?
Also you shouldn't worry about the weapons at all. I mean what's the fun in not having to earn the weapons?

hello

WoomyNNYes

@ok1 Ninchiku may be in an area where there aren't many people with a Switch, or just sparsely populated.

'Tendo liker

Ninchiku

@ok1 @WoomyNNYes

Never have any trouble with other modes and my internet is perfectly fine, i never get disconnected from a game while playing. Never.

And like i said before, i may get 3 salmon run games solo in a row. Then leave it, wait for 30 seconds and jump back in and get a 4 player team in a snap. I think the issue is in the way things are handled by the match making/server whatsoever.

Ninchiku

Octane

I'm on profreshional for a while now, is there anything after it? Does it get harder has you level even more?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic