Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,861 to 4,880 of 5,014

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes That's a bit of a spoiler but good job beating it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV Hmmm, If you personally wouldn't post beating Inner Agent boss, I'll take it down, because I don't disagree with you. And I thank you for mentioning it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes It was a fair while ago now as I played through the whole expansion right when it came out but it might have taken me a few dozen tries or something. Fun boss fight.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

TheHighGround

Is Octo Expansion worth it?

My allegiance is to Ukraine, to democracy!

BenAV

@Why_Do_I_Exist If you're interested in single player content then yeah, it's really fun and well worth the asking price in my opinion.

BenAV

octokid

@Why_Do_I_Exist Yup. Just finished it and if you don't have an NSO, it is so worth it. And if you do have one, it's even better. BTW, coming from a person who skipped half of the levels, it's hard!

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

WoomyNNYes

@ToadBrigade That takes a bit of learning to figure out which bosses to prioritize. Nice work. I thought splat rollers sucked in Salmon Run until I saw someone just put it down & stand still, and the hoards of little chum things just die when they touch the roller, like it's a death wall. And not moving, means the roller isnt consuming ink, if I recall right? So, they're OP for that niche scenario. Yeah, super fun.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@ToadBrigade Good to hear that you're enjoying Salmon run. Really fun mode and it gets super hectic as you get higher into Profreshional. I never missed a session of it in the first few months after the game came out. And as I tried to suggest earlier in the thread, it's actually a great mode for learning and getting better at the game so I'm sure if you do ever get more into the regular multiplayer either in Splatoon 2 or Splatoon 3, you'll be much better off having played so much Salmon Run.

@WoomyNNYes Do you mean the Dynamo Roller? It's kinda horrible in most situations due to being so slow and using so much ink but in those waves that the goldies and small salmonid rush at you, you can literally just stand there with your weapon out and block everything so it's basically a free win. A tad annoying when the player with the Dynamo Roller doesn't realise this, haha.

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV If the splat roller equivalent is too weak to do that, then yeah, I mean the dynamo. I think I watched 3 Salmon Run tips videos, and never saw the roller tip. The first time I saw someone use the roller like that in Salmon Run I was like, WOWWw. Heck yeah!

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

If it's news to anyone, here's the dynamo roller in Salmon Run. This player doesn't even have to move, they could just stand there, still, with the roller down. I couldn't find a better video than this. (yeah, otherwise, it's SO slow for everything else☹)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

vio

@ToadBrigade I feel ya. I likewise became Salmon Run obsessed after I got the game. As someone who played the hell out of first Splatoon, SR was honestly the 'freshest' thing about the second game. I don't play it as much these days(more into Ranked now), but I still get down when the weapons are good. I am assuming that sadly there will be no SR in 3 since it appears we are trying to help the salmonids in it, but hopefully there will be an all new hoard mode in it. SR has been incredibly popular since the games release and I'm sure Nintendo and the development team see that. A hoard mode should be standard in every entry much like Zombies is in every Call of Duty.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

MarioVillager92

Man, all this talk about the Salmon Run is making me want to revisit Splatoon 2 for that, lol. SR is quite fun! I wish there were more stages, though.

@WoomyNNYes I was actually considering getting Octo Expansion! I haven't played too much of the base game's story mode though. (Most of my Splatoon 2 playtime was on regular Turf Wars, Splatfests, and Salmon Run.) I was thinking of finishing the story mode, then getting OE.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

WoomyNNYes

@MarioLover92 The final boss of Splatoon 2 campaign is awesome. How far are you?

Yeah, if you can get into the single player game, Octo is an easy recommendation. I fell for Splatoon 2 by the second world of the single player. I don't know how far you've gone.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes Not too far actually, lol. I think I beat the first two bosses. I do like what I've played though! Just been playing other games.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic