Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,861 to 4,880 of 4,952

BenAV

@gcunit I'd like them to incorporate bots in the next game if they can, at least to replace players who drop. Some of the AI opponents in the Octo Expansion aren't half bad so it should be possible for them to implement I'd imagine.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

jump

I'm surprised there wasn't a bot option in the original game just incase it wasn't successful (which was a real possibility considering it was new IP and on an underselling console) thus lacking players but it's popularity proved it didn't need to do that.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SquidOnTheRise

@Northwind

From that picture you showed, it looks like theres one idiot in your team who plays for the kills instead of playing for the team

Notice the 0p of the last player? It means none of his ink was seen on the map at the end of the game

That was probably the biggest issue

Edited on by SquidOnTheRise

SquidOnTheRise

BenAV

@SquidOnTheRise Nah, that just means they dropped out of the game before it ended.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

SquidOnTheRise

@BenAV

It could mean that too, but that would be another explanation of why they lost so bad

SquidOnTheRise

BenAV

@SquidOnTheRise To score 0p in a game without dropping, you'd need to ink literally nothing (your number doesn't go back down if someone inks over your ink). Almost impossible to get two splats without inking anything so it's definitely a drop. Most likely a rage quit due to them all being stuck at the spawn.

BenAV

jump

@SquidOnTheRise the 0 points player used their special and splatted people so they took an active part in the game, based on those metrics alone they were the best player in the team. The game just zeroes out people's point if they discount.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SquidOnTheRise

@BenAV @jump

I always thought your ink they paint over wouldnt count. I stand corrected.

Still, if they rage quit after 1 or 2 minutes without trying it would have played a role. And add to the feeling of pressure the 3 players left had of the game

@Northwind

Sometimes that kind of situation happens when you dont know a stage well enough, try to explore them outside of a game

SquidOnTheRise

BenAV

@SquidOnTheRise Yeah, it's almost impossible to win with three. Doubt it made much difference in this case though considering they were all just Octobrush food.

BenAV

SquidOnTheRise

@BenAV

Yea, where i agree with Northwind is that it takes a long time before you get to experience some weapons and it can get frustrating

SquidOnTheRise

1UP_MARIO

When you do win 3 vs 4 it does make you feel good 😊

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

BenAV

@1UP_MARIO Yeah, it's pretty satisfying. Or pretty embarrassing if you're on the four player team.

BenAV

1UP_MARIO

@BenAV it is but even if your 3 and lose but gave a good game it’s a positive to that team.

BenAV

@1UP_MARIO Had a game during Splatfest on the weekend where we were 3v4 from the start on that Shifty Station with the cannons and lost by 2%.

BenAV

1UP_MARIO

@BenAV now that’s a great result. Although you didn’t win, personally I would treat that as a win and a credit to the 3 of you doing a better job than the 4.

ToadBrigade

Well I also got the game recently, and I’m really really enjoying it. I’m mostly just doing the story and turf war (with the splat roller as my weapon of choice), but I’m having a lot of fun in the few hours I’ve gotten in. Yes, some games can be rough, but a lot of the time it feels very fair. I haven’t really spent any time at all working on my ability lineup though, because I really have no idea how to do that (I just buy whatever clothes look cool 😅).

Hollow Knight for Smash!
CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Golden Deer)
Splatoon 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

BenAV

@ToadBrigade Good to hear that you're enjoying the game. Working on getting the exact abilities you want can be a little time consuming as you tend to need a good supply of drink tickets and/or ability chunks to make it happen (Salmon Run is good for this). I wouldn't worry too much about it early game though till you've got a bit of experience and have a good idea of what you're after. For now you're probably fine just using and leveling up whatever gear and just experimenting a bit.

BenAV

ToadBrigade

@BenAV Wow, that was a quick reply! Since you’re obviously very experienced with this game, do you have any beginner tips (especially pertaining to the Splat Roller)?

Hollow Knight for Smash!
CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Golden Deer)
Splatoon 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

BenAV

@ToadBrigade I've never really used the Splat Roller much myself but I'd say the biggest trap that I see a lot of new players fall into with the roller is that they often tend to just roll around in a straight line everywhere which makes them really easy to pick off. Easier said than done when you're new and learning the game but ideally you want to be a bit unpredictable with your movements, use your jump and flick attack and swim around a lot rather than just rolling. Turf coverage isn't particularly great but it can one hit kill so it's pretty potent if you're able to catch people by surprise. Curling bomb can be used to make a little path for yourself to swim through when you need it. Splashdown can be used during a super jump so if you get splatted and want to jump back into the action, it can be worth filling up your special bar first and jumping in with a Splashdown which will splat anyone camping your landing spot.

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

@ToadBrigade BenAV will have some good ideas, but off the top of my head, I'll recommend a ThatSrb2Dude video. EDIT: Oh, he only plays Rainmaker in this. But, you can still see how he gets around, and gets splats with the roller.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, occasionally some Splatoon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic