Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,901 to 4,920 of 4,952

jump

@Snatcher They are just moaning because they keep losing ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

@jump Thats what I was thinking , HMMM I gonna have to get splatoon 2 before thats for sure.

Among us plus sonic fan.

Northwind

jump wrote:

@Snatcher They are just moaning because they keep losing ;p

I mean, yes. This is a bit reductive, but largely not incorrect.

And honestly it’s not fun when you routinely lead your team, often by a significant margin, yet lose 3 out of every 4 games on a longterm basis. Likewise, it’s not really fun being unable to move off spawn for 2:30 of each 3-minute game (so, actually playing for around 30 seconds of every 5-ish minutes after factoring in queue times), eight or twelve times in a row.

I’m sure players with more experience would better understand ways to deal with the latter situation but, by the same token, it’s not necessarily reasonable to expect someone to get that kind of experience right now if they don’t already have it. Single-player modes don’t really teach this skill (though maybe they should), and it’s not actually possible to get much ‘practice’ in a multiplayer setting when one is often really only able to move 10% of the time.

I think it’s a bit disingenuous to assert that the game is currently really good for veteran players who already have a decent skill level, therefore it’s good for everyone. I don’t doubt that the former is true, but it doesn’t entail the latter.

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

If you send me a friend request, please @ me so I know who you are. Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2552-1615-0522 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

SViper

@WoomyNNYes thank you for information, and now checked that Null Armor Replica and it's not actual skirt. But the 2 Amiibo ones it is what I looking for, but I don't buy such a toys, so I'm unlucky. I checked that outfit we get it from Octo Expansion completion. And it's replica that no more looks like latex/patent leather and it's no more skirt, but shorts instead. Or that what images in google showed when I checked it even at female. I really wish we could wear Octoling Girl outfit from Octo Expansion.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

jump

@Northwind It was a tongue in cheek and my comment wasn't aimed at you specifically.

Tbh I took a year off from playing and I came back on as pretty much a rookie level but with S+ ranks in the various modes so I lost a fair few games whilst trying to re-learn everything however it never stopped my fun of it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

ok1

With Splatoon 3 coming soon, what do you guys think?

ok1

jump

@ok1 It depends on what "coming soon" is as 2022 could be a year & 10 months or 11 months. Even at 11 months it's still a long time to play and get your money's worth plus the superb solo modes aren't going anywhere. Also I think Splatoon 1 is still alive now after 6 years and it's not hard to find a match the last I heard.

It also depends on what Splatoon 3 is actually offering, if it's just Splatoon 2 with some tweaks then I don't see a massive drop off in players that soon but if Splatoon 3 is radically different then it may still retain it's player base.

Nicolai wrote:

WoomyNNYes

@SViper You can buy amiibo cards. I got a set like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-16-Pieces-Splatoon-2-NFC-Am...

The cards are cheap, and no need to buy the toy. If Nintendo would have made the amiibo dlc available on eshop, I would have bought it, but they didn't. The cards are not Nintendo products, but they work exactly like the amiibo toys. It's apparently easy to program NFC cards to do the job. (The amiibo toys just have an NFC chip in their base.) If you want to look for amiibo cards in your region, try searching "splatoon NFC cards", sellers may be avoiding "amiibo" in their title for legal reasons.

The cards themselves are plastic, like a security card or ID badge for work.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, occasionally some of that Splatoon garbage 🤪

SViper

@jump for me it looks like Splatoon series does a same thing as Overwatch series with just one difference. Other words it rereleases same game with some: tweaks, some new and tweaked gameplay mechanics, map changes, new maps, new cosmetics, new lobby map and such with no relation with previous game like Overwatch series doing. What I mean Overwatch will get update with new things from Overwatch 2 that touches online play, because both games will have same online, so you only will need one of the games to play with all Overwatch series players. So best game series I can think that describe Splatoon series is Left 4 Dead series.
@WoomyNNYes I see, but I still want that outfit we wear in Octo Expansion story as outfit outside of the Octo Expansion story.

Edited on by SViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

jump

@SViper it's too early to say isn't it? Next to nothing is known about Splatoon 3 and Spatoon 1 to 2 is a different situation.

Nicolai wrote:

SViper

@jump from games trailers, some gameplay, official tweets and updates I saw on 1 & 2 games it felt like what I said is true at least from my prospective.

Edited on by SViper

ok1

@jump Did you say Splatoon 2 will be fine either way or just a spelling mistake?

ok1

Northwind

Weeks later, still stuck at stage 17. Literally, I have lost upwards of 60 lives on this same exact section now, trying all sorts of different ways of navigating it (both rushing it and taking it slow). I’m sure some people will tell me how easy it is—trust me, I’ve already heard more unsolicited advice than I’d care to have—but knowing what to do and actually doing it aren’t always the same thing, especially when one cannot just ‘practise’ because one has to restart the entire level every three failures. (Octo Expansion solved this issue with aplomb, btw.)
Serious questions: is this supposed to be fun? Is this style of platforming considered a core skill in this game? Is it used/needed in some multiplayer map that I just haven’t seen yet (which would explain why the skill is incorporated here)? Why does this level exist?

Edited on by Northwind

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind Here's how I just did the end of Stage 17. Even though those machine gun guys are a pain, they only take 1-2 hits (this one is two).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider

daisygurl

I’ve also been struggling to win a match today. Like seriously, I was just fine at Splat Zones a few days ago, now I suck at it! Also, I was about to start a match when I got the server maintenance notification, and now I’m annoyed.

Love anything about Nintendo, and Mario. Want cruddy SMM2 levels? Just find daisyfan18. ACNH Island: LunaMoon. TOM NOOK 4 SMASH!

My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo

WoomyNNYes

I'm playing through single player with the roller to unlock the hero roller. I started with the end, working backwards from hardest to easiest. 13 levels left.

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider

ok1

@Northwind Does it appear in online stages? Yes. Maps that include these are Ancho-V Games, Sturgeon Shipyard, Camp Triggerfish, Wahoo World, and even more. Remember, there are over 40 maps in Splatoon 2(If you count each Shifty Station as a different one.). Splatoon 1 also features a few maps that include Hero Mode features. Sponges and Inkrails are included in many multiplayer maps.

ok1

Northwind

@ok1, yeah, sponges and inkrails are fairly common, and they’re things I frequently use. (Particularly inkrails; as a CQC player it’s nice to have that extra mobility.)

I was not aware that there were asymmetrical rotating platforms over wide instadeath chasms in multiplayer, though. I’ve definitely played all those maps you cite (except most of the Shifty Stations, I guess), but never come across that. My bad.

ETA: apparently my ‘favorite’ (which I think means ‘most played’?) stage is Skipper Pavilion.

Edited on by Northwind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic