Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,901 to 4,920 of 5,014

WoomyNNYes

@Octane there's professional level 100, 200, 300, 400, etc.. The higher you get, the bigger the payouts, which gets you more bonus stuff. I've never gotten above the Profresh 400 level. I don't know if I'd say that it gets harder. (maybe someone can correct me, if I'm wrong.) If you're solo queuing, it's hard to have long strings of successful games that keep your rank high. My memory is a bit vague. I almost think they matched me with less experienced players, and THAT is part of what made it harder. Otherwise, the hazard levels are given randomly, as far as I know (I could be wrong). I can't recall if you need the NSO Splatnet app to see what the hazard levels are, or just pay attention to the game, I always seemed to miss the hazard levels, distracted looking at other details.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ok1

@WoomyNNYes @Octane I'm pretty sure after 400 it doesn't actually give you a higher rank, just harder waves. The hardest it gets is when it says Hazard Level Max. After that, there isn't anything. But I may be wrong so...

hello

LinkxPeach

How do you upgrade your weapons without using any sardiniums?

Nintendo 3DS’s friend code:
4012-5835-9928

Nintendo Switch’s friend code:
SW-0178-5632-1227

https://lxpgaming.blog/

WoomyNNYes

@LinkxPeach In the single player weapons? You can only upgrade weapons in the single player mode.

Replay single player levels collecting the orange power eggs - they're laying around, and you get them from smashing crates, splatting enemies. You an also get power eggs from replaying boss battles. The upper right of your screen keeps shows your eggs total. You need like 1200 or 1500 to level up.

Collect orange power eggs

Go here - Located near the portal when you enter Octo Canyon.
Untitled

Hit Play: see in lower right, (X) button, "Trade in power eggs" - to level up weapons

** Upgrade your weapons. Then do a little dance.(dance part = joke)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

LinkxPeach

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@LinkxPeach In the single player weapons? You can only upgrade weapons in the single player mode.

Replay single player levels collecting the orange power eggs - they're laying around, and you get them from smashing crates, splatting enemies. You an also get power eggs from replaying boss battles. The upper right of your screen keeps shows your eggs total. You need like 1200 or 1500 to level up.

Collect orange power eggs

Go here - Located near the portal when you enter Octo Canyon.
Untitled

Hit Play: see in lower right, (X) button, "Trade in power eggs" - to level up weapons

** Upgrade your weapons. Then do a little dance.(dance part = joke)

It doesn’t show (X) trade power eggs to upgrade your weapons.

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

WoomyNNYes

@LinkxPeach Do you mean you don't see (X)Trade Power Eggs in my post? You have to hit play on that bottom video to see the in-game menu, which shows (X) Trade Power Eggs in lower right corner of the menu.

Or do you mean you don't see it in your own game?

I don't know where you're getting stuck.

Have you beat the first boss in the single player yet? I believe upgrading your weapons becomes available after you beat the first boss.

I'm going to make a clip from my game, and put it on youtube. Might take ten minutes.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@LinkxPeach I walk over to that oragne and black thing in Octo Canyon. Select it. Menu opens. Lower right corner of menu says Trade Power Eggs.

(granted, I completed the game, so all my weapons are maxed out, but you'll still see these menus)

I hit X here to trade power eggs, but it says I don't have enough power eggs. There are two tabs at the top of this menu to see all your weapons and sub weapons.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

LinkxPeach

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@LinkxPeach Do you mean you don't see (X)Trade Power Eggs in my post? You have to hit play on that bottom video to see the in-game menu, which shows (X) Trade Power Eggs in lower right corner of the menu.

Or do you mean you don't see it in your own game?

I don't know where you're getting stuck.

Have you beat the first boss in the single player yet? I believe upgrading your weapons becomes available after you beat the first boss.

I'm going to make a clip from my game, and put it on youtube. Might take ten minutes.

I met in the game. Yes, I had beaten the first boss in Splatoon 2 single-player mode.

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

WoomyNNYes

@LinkxPeach I'm not sure exactly how far you have to go in the game to be able to trade power eggs to level up your weapons. I thought it was the first boss. Maybe you have to complete the second world? I guess it's been too long for me to know. ....Sorry I'm having trouble with it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

LinkxPeach

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@LinkxPeach I'm not sure exactly how far you have to go in the game to be able to trade power eggs to level up your weapons. I thought it was the first boss. Maybe you have to complete the second world? I guess it's been too long for me to know. ....Sorry I'm having trouble with it.

World 2 is clear in Splatoon 2 single-player mode.

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

LinkxPeach

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@LinkxPeach How far are you into Splatoon 2's single player?

Level 27.

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

WoomyNNYes

@LinkxPeach I figured it out.👌🌈🌈 I had to start a new game & replay the first world to see what you're seeing.

The short answer is, you don't have enough power eggs & Sardinium to purchase the new weapon or upgrade - you have to have both. The ability to upgrade weapons unlocks after beating the first boss. Go to the black & orange Ammo Knights crate, select the weapon you want to upgrade. If you don't have enough sardinium & power eggs, a window will pop up, and the header will say "Not Enough Components...".

Here's the cost of all weapons upgrades:
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Ammo_Knights_Enhancifier

Edit: After you max all your weapons, you can still collect power eggs to "trade" them for food truck tickets. So, that's why my menu said "Trade power eggs" and yours doesn't.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

LinkxPeach

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@LinkxPeach I figured it out.👌🌈🌈 I had to start a new game & replay the first world to see what you're seeing.

The short answer is, you don't have enough power eggs & Sardinium to purchase the new weapon or upgrade - you have to have both. The ability to upgrade weapons unlocks after beating the first boss. Go to the black & orange Ammo Knights crate, select the weapon you want to upgrade. If you don't have enough sardinium & power eggs, a window will pop up, and the header will say "Not Enough Components...".

Here's the cost of all weapons upgrades:
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Ammo_Knights_Enhancifier

Edit: After you max all your weapons, you can still collect power eggs to "trade" them for food truck tickets. So, that's why my menu said "Trade power eggs" and yours doesn't.

My inkling character do got enough sardiniums, and power eggs. I just want to used power eggs only to upgrade my weapons.

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

WoomyNNYes

@LinkxPeach You need BOTH sardinium AND power eggs to purchase the upgrade.

The first Hero Shot upgrade requires 2 sardinium AND 800 power eggs.

(I'm sorry if I said you only need power eggs a few weeks or months ago. After you max out your weapons, you can buy food truck tickets with just power eggs. You only get the "(X) Trade Power Eggs" menu option after you max your weapons. I got so used to only-needing power eggs for food truck tickets that I screwed up. It's been so long since I got the game, i had forgotten about sardinium in the begining of a new game. I'm really sorry if I created a headache with that mistake.)

Here's a clip of the fresh new game I started & getting the first weapon upgrade, so you can see what it should look like. I beat the first boss, had a few sardinium and 500 power eggs. So I replayed levels two or three times until I had 800 power eggs. I can get about 130-150 eggs if I'm thorough.

After I make the purchse, you'll see I lose 2 sardinium and 800 power eggs.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@LinkxPeach Every level in Octo Canyon has one sardinium. You can only get them once. They don't respawn like power eggs. Some sardinium are hidden on the back side of a platform, or up high, out of view. If you got all the sardinium so far, then you'll have to keep playing new levels. Here's an abbreviated video of all sardinium locations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS71Lo80BDI

There are longer videos available on youtube that show more of the levels, if you need more help finding those sardinium locations.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

LinkxPeach

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@LinkxPeach You need BOTH sardinium AND power eggs to purchase the upgrade.

The first Hero Shot upgrade requires 2 sardinium AND 800 power eggs.

(I'm sorry if I said you only need power eggs a few weeks or months ago. After you max out your weapons, you can buy food truck tickets with just power eggs. You only get the "(X) Trade Power Eggs" menu option after you max your weapons. I got so used to only-needing power eggs for food truck tickets that I screwed up. It's been so long since I got the game, i had forgotten about sardinium in the begining of a new game. I'm really sorry if I created a headache with that mistake.)

Here's a clip of the fresh new game I started & getting the first weapon upgrade, so you can see what it should look like. I beat the first boss, had a few sardinium and 500 power eggs. So I replayed levels two or three times until I had 800 power eggs. I can get about 130-150 eggs if I'm thorough.

After I make the purchse, you'll see I lose 2 sardinium and 800 power eggs.

So, I have to used up some of my sardiniums along with the power eggs to upgrade my weapons?

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

LinkxPeach

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@LinkxPeach Every level in Octo Canyon has one sardinium. You can only get them once. They don't respawn like power eggs. Some sardinium are hidden on the back side of a platform, or up high, out of view. If you got all the sardinium so far, then you'll have to keep playing new levels. Here's an abbreviated video of all sardinium locations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS71Lo80BDI

There are longer videos available on youtube that show more of the levels, if you need more help finding those sardinium locations.

So, once I used up some of my sardiniums. I can’t collect the same sardiniums from the same levels?

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

WoomyNNYes

LinkxPeach wrote:

So, once I used up some of my sardiniums. I can’t collect the same sardiniums from the same levels?

Correct!👌

If you go back to the sardinium location on another run through that level, there will a translucent sardinium there indicating that you've already gotten that one, and it won't add to your sardinium count. It will give you 5-10 power eggs instead.

To help you keep track, in the Octo Canyon hub worlds, you can hit (X) to open your menu, select the RECORDS tab, and it will show you which levels you got the sardinium, and which levels you haven't. This pic here shows the sardinium has been collected for each level of world 1 (Sector 1).
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

NinChocolate

What’s this Four Fresh Chsmpionship on Twitch just started? Not a big deal? Didn’t see anything posted bout it

NinChocolate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic