Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 521 to 540 of 942

Zeldafan79

Who remembers the E3 where they first revealed this game for Wii and the controls went haywire during the presentation? They started trying to blame it on peoples cell phones.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Tendo64

Finished Breath of the Wild today (first time ever, after getting the game at launch) in time for Skyward Sword! Never played the original so looking forward to getting stuck in! Got Friday off so might spend the day playing it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

tamantayoshi

Really looking forward to the game on friday, its one of my all time favorites. I know that isn't a popular opinion, but something just really clicked with me and this game. Also, the remaster seems to be getting a lot of hate for not having enough changed, but I feel like its comparable to WWHD and TPHD.

tamantayoshi

Zeldafan79

Skyward sword might be my favorite of the 3D games even more so than BOTW. I liked that it had a real story and that orchestrated soundtrack which at the time was a first for the series! Also i just love the dungeons! A certain one in particular but for those who haven't played it I'll just keep quiet on that.

Fun fact! This is the only zelda that doesn't have fairy fountains at all anywhere in the game. Yeah it's true. Weird huh?

Edited on by Zeldafan79

skywake

Zeldafan79 wrote:

Who remembers the E3 where they first revealed this game for Wii and the controls went haywire during the presentation? They started trying to blame it on peoples cell phones.

Yeah, was kinda a regular thing with stage demos. People forget how bad it got, I personally wasn't at all surprised when one by one they dropped the live show for a digital conference

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

So, in handheld mode you hold the L button to activate camera mode. Nice.

This really is the definitive version of the game. 1080p 60 FPS as a console game. 720p 60 FPS handheld game. Full camera control. Motions mapped to analog for portable play. Annoying tutorials modified. Gyro improved.

It's basically doing everything it can to be the best version of Skyward Sword possible. I love it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Well nice of them to finally confirm the camera controls thing. Along with them forgetting to mention quicksaves, not mentioning the fact that a lot (or maybe all) of the textures have been up-ressed, and explaining the notifications for items completely wrong (they made it sound like it happened for all hearts or stamina thingies, which it never did), I can't help feeling that the communication with the marketing team was quite poor for this release.

Still, I have to say with all of the improvements it has, I'm more or less OK with the full price release now.

Eel wrote:

The wii is designed to accept any and all interference.

Lol "We will design it to accept maximum interference".

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Pirate1

So, at this point do we think there are any more QoL enhancements to be announced (or any other new features)? It seems like a vast majority of complaints were addressed except for the imprisonned and map emptiness/revisits (could have the gist wrong, this is just what I remember reading about as issues). Those two seem to be more changes to the game itself, tho. It would be fun to get one additional surprise no one was expecting!

Pirate1

fighting_game_player

@Eel That's great. I've made some research and I can't find anything either. Knowing this I might hold off on buying it until later. Thanks.

"as I roll along I begin to find.. things aren't always just what they seem.."

Twitter:

JaxonH

$95 Shipped for the Zelda Joycon via Amazon Japan (they ship globally)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B08WW6G2LD?pf_rd_r=3...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zeldafan79

I hope they remembered to fix the gamebreaking bug from the original that basically prevented you from finishing the game. It was late in the game too and Nintendo actually had to put out a patch to correct it. It would occur when you tried doing a certain fetch quest out of a particular order. Anyone remember?

NintendoByNature

@Zeldafan79 sounds like the origami king game breaking bug lol. If it wasn't fixed before launch I'm sure they'll patch it fast. But I'd imagine it's something they would be proactive about

NintendoByNature

Zeldafan79

@NintendoByNature

Yeah even metroid other m had a similar bug that also had to be patched. Pretty sad for Nintendos usual quality standards.

Dezzy

Zeldafan79 wrote:

I hope they remembered to fix the gamebreaking bug from the original that basically prevented you from finishing the game. It was late in the game too and Nintendo actually had to put out a patch to correct it. It would occur when you tried doing a certain fetch quest out of a particular order. Anyone remember?

Can't remember this in SS. There's a gamebreaking bug in Twilight Princess still though. I know because I ran into it whilst playing the Wii U version. Annoying as hell that you had to essentially restart the whole game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Zeldafan79

@Dezzy

Yeah that'll take the wind right outta your sails!

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

There's a gamebreaking bug in Twilight Princess still though. I know because I ran into it whilst playing the Wii U version.

Wait that glitch wasn't fixed in the Wii U version?

What?!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Zeldafan79

I wasn't aware of the twilight princess bug. That's news to me. I guess I never encountered it even though I've played every version.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic