Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 501 to 520 of 769

Eel

Nothing in the trailer really implies the islands will require a loftwing to traverse. Link even seems to be able to Zoom his way upwards like he's in Dragon Quest.

Of course it's not impossible for them to return, but I don't think there's anything that guarantees they will, from what we've seen so far.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

@Eel Yeah, he can probably zoom upwards, but it seems to be specific to certain areas of Hyrule, since the drop rises from a small crater of water. I personally think Loftwings would be cool, but I doubt they'll be 100% included in the game honestly. I just think it'd be cool if they were in the game, and acted kind of like flying horses in a way, getting you from island to island and saving time and stamina.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Pirate1

Haven’t played this before, but finally did the pre-order (had some gamestop credits saved up). Based on the fact that this is generally considered to be a pretty fun game and the update today about QoL enhancements, I’m pretty excited to play this game when it arrives.

Pirate1

Dezzy

So has anyone figured out if they upgraded any of the other textures in the game? We'd only established that they did the character textures, but it was hard to notice any improvements in the environments.

I'm curious if anyone's looked into the recent trailers to see if they can find any examples? I'll probably have a quick look if no-one else has?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

The general background textures seem to have gone through some sort of smoothing AI.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Dezzy

@Eel

Not sure what a "smoothing AI" is. Can you point to the place where you noticed a difference?

Eel

A piece of software that takes the texture, and makes it smoother for higher resolution renders.

In this comparison video, if you pause at the moment when Link is talking with Impa, behind her you can see there's details in the stone wall that look fine on wii but look a bit lost on switch (like, the colors got smoothed and combined together), that seems like the type of error that a machine would do.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Dezzy

@Eel

Yeah I see the part you mean. I don't really know what "smooth" means though in this context. "Smooth" isn't a technical term in computer graphics as far as I know.

I assume you mean the deep-learning algorithms that increase the resolution by adding detail, refining edges, all that jazz. It does look like they have improved the environment textures from that video, so you're probably right. That moment at 2:08 looks the clearest. It looks like they've double the resolution of the background textures. The only reason it wasn't immediately clear is because the original versions are so damn low-res, so it doesn't jump out as being that much of an improvement unless you hold them up next to each other!

I do feel slightly more OK with paying full price for it now anyway!

Edited on by Dezzy

Eel

I was just being literal with my usage of smooth.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Dezzy

@Eel

I assumed you meant the AI programs that add more detail to a texture? I wouldn't call that "smoothing" at all. It's kinda the opposite in my mind. Smooth feels like it would mean something like blur, which would be less detail.

damien33ad

The last trailer they released was great. Showing Link run after Zelda reminds me why series is so amazing. Cant wait to pick up Friday. Gamestop is giving out posters too with game

damien33ad

Dezzy

One of the few times I feel comfortable in pre-ordering! I just hope the analog controls option works well, cos I really can't be doing with motion controls.

Eel

I’m expecting it to be a tango at first. But I’m hoping I’ll get used to it.

In the original, me readying my attacks would always give enough time for the enemy to switch stances so fighting was a pain, and some actions were literally painful, because after a while I would get bored and start trying to only move my wrist.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Dezzy

@Eel

Lol looks like Nintendo heard us arguing over the word "smooth". It's gonna be a smoother experience!

Eel

Smooth all around.

Like soft touch plastic.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Zuljaras

I am hyped about this. Wanna know why? I never played it and never watched a playthrough!

The one thing I read is that this game is the first in the Zelda chronology. This is correct right?

The is the one that started it all?

Zuljaras

Eel

Yes, it chronologically is the first game in the series, with the first Link and the first Zelda.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

kkslider5552000

I like how the changes to this are literally in the opposite direction of Majora's Mask 3D. Except these ones seem to consistently be for the best.

Majora's Mask 3D: People can't figure things out here!
Skyward Sword HD: People can figure things out here!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Dezzy

Here's some in-game footage that seems to have leaked early from Japan:

@Zuljaras

Yeah, not that it really matters that much though. The timeline's a buncha retroactively made-up nonsense imo.

Cambam12

Can you take a look and tell me if the textures that are in areas like the sacred grounds and such are updated? I don’t care about the ground cause it looks the same but the wall textures look pretty significantly different. I’d greatly appreciate if you could try and come up with the same result to see if they actually did redraw [email protected]

Cambam12

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic